Identified! MD - Catoctin Mtn Park, Fem, El Salvador keychain, Jun'21 - Joanna Michelle Amaya (Dior Reyes)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People go to El Salvador for the turtle egg-hatching season, some to work in groups that help save the baby turtles, others just to watch. I don't know how many people do this, but they advertise tours in places like Scientific American etc. They also advertise scientific tours of the volcano.

Interesting, as there is a turtle charm on the keychain as well as the El Salvador charm.

(bbm for focus)

Great point about the size of the key.

I think a pepper spray container is also still a possibility when considering the size of the key, if the product is a more compact version of a pepper spray container that is small enough to be carried on a keychain. The pepper spray keychain below appears to be fairly similar to the one in the FBI photo, IMO only. If this is even the same manufacturer. MOO

View attachment 301179View attachment 301180

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Cute-Pepper-Spray-Keychain-for-Self-Defense-Confetti/301980314
JANE DOE - CATOCTIN MOUNTAIN PARK | Federal Bureau of Investigation
That looks EXACTLY like it to me...

The canister on the key ring actually looks like one that I have seen that holds “ breath mints”, another clue is that if you compare it to the size of the key, it is extremely small. As for the El Salvador issue, there are many persons of color that have ancestors from abroad, that may not actively “ present” as mixed race...

The article upthread (@TootsieFootsie post #11) does mention that the canister is "protective spray":

"She also had a glitter canister of protective spray, FOX 5 reported."

FBI seeks ID of woman after skeletal remains found near Camp David in Maryland

The article upthread (@TootsieFootsie post #11) does mention that the canister is "protective spray":

"She also had a glitter canister of protective spray, FOX 5 reported."

FBI seeks ID of woman after skeletal remains found near Camp David in Maryland
I think the glitter canister has been confirmed as protective spray. I hope we can let that rest.

I looked up missing people in VA and found myself extremely discouraged. Identified a top three women of interest in VA going through The VSP list by doing ctrl +f and 2021 and looking for women with long brown hair. But none of them had any search results on them being missing. Were they found and the PD never updated?? Seems likely. Or is no one looking for them? What the heck??
Missing Persons (Adults) - Virginia State Police
Alexicia Ramos (Hampton va)
Melinda Gutierrez (fairfax va)
Elke Anne Malin aka Musikar (Alexandria va)

I think the glitter canister has been confirmed as protective spray. I hope we can let that rest.

I looked up missing people in VA and found myself extremely discouraged. Identified a top three women of interest in VA going through The VSP list by doing ctrl +f and 2021 and looking for women with long brown hair. But none of them had any search results on them being missing. Were they found and the PD never updated?? Seems likely. Or is no one looking for them? What the heck??
Missing Persons (Adults) - Virginia State Police
Alexicia Ramos (Hampton va)
Melinda Gutierrez (fairfax va)
Elke Anne Malin aka Musikar (Alexandria va)

No luck with any of them by searching on fb. I had a look through namus but nothing really matched imo

The wrist guard was mentioned in one of the article excerpts on the first page of this thread. One hand is still missing.

Is there any chance that she went to the woods alone, even though there's no indication that she drove there? Is the area accessible via public transportation?

Her tracksuit has pockets. Did she really need to carry a bag? Were there other items in the bag?

If she had a phone with her and this was an accident, medical event or suicide, would it have been found with the body? I guess wildlife would have no interest in it.

If she wasn't out hiking, wouldn't she bring a wallet?

Knowing the sneaker size might eliminate some of the missing persons.

Last edited:
The bag is Puma Originals Retro Portable. Dimensions: 21 x 6 x 18 cm

Puma - Retro Cross body bag Bibloo.com

675196-z.jpg

Yeah, they do tend to dump their victims in nature areas. They came down from PG County MD and dumped a body in Stafford County VA a number of years back. A 16-year-old, over 100 stab wounds and burned.
In this case, the clothes don't look torn so she likely wasn't stabbed or shot in the torso, arms or legs. If she had a head injury and bled onto her clothes, would blood still be detectable after several months of exposure? What about blood on her hair?

ETA: The tracksuit top/jacket is size M (higher resolution pic in the article below).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...48e5b6-cea9-11eb-8cd2-4e95230cfac2_story.html

Last edited:
Wrist guard. I'm thinking a soft, splint like thing with velcro straps that keeps your wrist straight if you have tendon problems. Maybe through RSI? (Repetitive strain injury.)

Perhaps she had a job at a checkout or in warehouse or something? Maybe she did weights at a gym and it's a sports injury?

No other clothing (t-shirt, underwear) is mentioned. How were the clothes found, e.g. was the jacket zipped-up?

Sort of. LE said they think she's been there 1-6 months based on decomposition. The shoe was launched about 17 months ago.

jmo
Based on light clothing, they say it's likely two months.

Wasn't she keeping regular contact with family/friends? Did she just move to the area and had no friends yet? Wouldn't she be missed from work by now? If she lived alone she could also be reported by her landlord.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back