Deceased/Not Found MI - Zion Foster 17, texted saying on her way home, Eastpointe, 4 Jan 2022 *arrest"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s been almost two weeks since Ciera Milton saw her 17-year-old daughter, Zion Foster.

“Zion is very artistic, very fun,” Ciera told Dateline. “She can draw, she can sing, she can play instruments -- she plays the flute and the drums.”

zion_foster_with_mom_ciera_milton.jpg

Zion Foster with her mom, Ciera Milton
As the eldest of six children, Zion is “always looking out for her siblings, her family and her loved ones,” Ciera said. “She helps out with a lot of things and encourages people.”

“We’ve executed numerous search warrants related to this case,” Detective Lt. Koenigsmann said. So far nothing has been found to lead them to Zion. In addition, he told Dateline, “Everything that the mom has given us information-wise, we’ve looked at or are looking at. Or it’s led us to different areas to look at.” Detective Lt. Koenigsmann confirmed to Dateline that no one has been named a suspect or person of interest in the case.

Detective Lt. Koenigsmann said they’ve received quite a lot of tips regarding Zion’s case, but continue to ask for the public’s help. “Tips from people in the public help very much, because even though they may think it’s small, it may help us in a big way,” the detective said. “So any information that the public has given us up to this point, we’ve looked at. Some of it is a dead-end, and some of it might be a piece of the puzzle we might need.”
Eastpointe Police asking for tips in disappearance of Zion Foster

This girl is a minor, they have video of her getting into the car with this cousin, why can't they demand to search his house?

I don't have an answer but can you explain your question a little more since I'm slow. Specifically, what does her minor status have anything to do with LE's ability to search?

Jaylin Brazier of Detroit apparently had been spotted with Zion Foster the day she was last seen in the area of Greenfield Road and the Lodge freeway, near Vassar Street, said Detroit Police Chief James E. White.

“We are extremely concerned,” White said at an afternoon news conference. “We are directing every tool and resource available to bring her home.”

Detroit police are taking the lead in a joint investigation with Eastpointe police, White said. Eastpointe Detective Lt. Robert Koenigsmann also attended the briefing.

White added the FBI is also now part of the team investigating the missing girl, which may indicate authorities think Brazier has left the state.
Missing Eastpointe girl’s cousin named ‘person of interest’ in her disappearance – Macomb Daily

Missing Eastpointe girl’s cousin turns himself in to police for questioning – Macomb Daily

“Detroit police investigating the disappearance of an Eastpointe teenager on Wednesday named a male relative as a person of interest in the case.

According to the family, Foster got off work and asked her mother if she could hang out with a cousin, who is Brazier. He picked her up around 10:45 p.m. that night.

About two hours later, her mother received a text message from her daughter’s phone that stated she was on her way home. The family says Foster’s cellphone tracking location last placed her in the area of Greenfield Road.

Brazier initially denied being with Foster, according to the family.”

Police search for missing 17-year-old Eastpointe girl

“Eastpointe Police Lt. Robert Koenigsmann said investigators have looked into several leads — "but they've all been dead ends so far," he said. "We went to a couple addresses the family gave to us as possible places she could've gone, but they turned out to be vacant houses. We're still trying to follow up on all the leads."

Vacant houses?

“Foster's father James Royster told The Detroit News that she ran away from home in March to stay with a friend, "but she kept in contact with us the whole time, and she still participated in school. She's never done this."

Are they sure she was with a friend and not the cousin back in March?

Zion’s aunt/uncle offspring would be her cousin, right? So sibling/spouse of either Zion’s mother or father.

Police question cousin of 17-year-old Eastpointe girl who has been missing for more than 2 weeks (clickondetroit.com)

Private investigator shares photos with Local 4 Defenders

DETROIT – There have been multiple new developments in the disappearance of a 17-year-old from Eastpointe.

Zion Rachelle Foster was last seen on Jan. 4 at her home in the 22000 block of Melrose Court in Eastpointe, according to authorities.

A person of interest in the case, Foster’s 21-year-old cousin, turned himself in to police Wednesday (Jan. 19) night...

Police question cousin of 17-year-old Eastpointe girl who has been missing for more than 2 weeks (clickondetroit.com)

Private investigator shares photos with Local 4 Defenders

DETROIT – There have been multiple new developments in the disappearance of a 17-year-old from Eastpointe.

Zion Rachelle Foster was last seen on Jan. 4 at her home in the 22000 block of Melrose Court in Eastpointe, according to authorities.

A person of interest in the case, Foster’s 21-year-old cousin, turned himself in to police Wednesday (Jan. 19) night...

Well, it’s been close to a day since POI turned himself in. Anyone else wanting to be a fly on the wall in that interview room?

''Milton said she has been living a nightmare since her daughter went missing. Foster left her home with her 21-year-old cousin that night.

Milton said she asked the cousin several times where her daughter is. She said he won’t tell her.

A private investigator out of Chicago who specializes in human trafficking contacted the Local 4 Defenders with photos of the cousin’s Acura on Jan. 10 in Detroit and Hazel Park. Then the car was spotted on Jan. 13 in Waterford but there were no photos of Foster in the car.

Detroit police said they have recovered that car and are very concerned about Foster.''

saw a lot of people being relieved like yes, but I was more along the lines like partially, finally," Milton said. "Therein is the fear, you know? You’re nervous about a phone call. You’re nervous about a knock at the door."

She says Jaylin Brazier, the person of interest, who’s also her ex-husband’s cousin, picked Zion up from their Eastpointe home to hang out, something they did often.

Ciera tracked Zion’s location through her phone’s GPS and saw she was near the Seven Mile and Greenfield area on Detroit’s west side where Brazier lives.
Eastpointe 17-year-old missing since Jan. 4, person of interest questioned

Authorities asking for tips in disappearance of Zion Foster (nbcnews.com)

The 17-year-old was last seen on January 5, 2022, in Eastpointe, Michigan

It’s been almost two weeks since Ciera Milton saw her 17-year-old daughter, Zion Foster.

“Zion is very artistic, very fun,” Ciera told Dateline. “She can draw, she can sing, she can play instruments -- she plays the flute and the drums.”

As the eldest of six children, Zion is “always looking out for her siblings, her family and her loved ones,” Ciera said. “She helps out with a lot of things and encourages people.”...

I thought I saw that this person is a "cousin" through marriage. Either way it's still creepy that he is trying to make a move on her. So...he turned himself in? What does that mean? Is he admitting he has done something to her by making that move? Why turn yourself in unless you're guilty of something more than just picking her up? I mean, it was planned. Her parents knew she was with him...so what has he done? I don't like this. Please let this girl be safe somewhere.

I thought I saw that this person is a "cousin" through marriage. Either way it's still creepy that he is trying to make a move on her. So...he turned himself in? What does that mean? Is he admitting he has done something to her by making that move? Why turn yourself in unless you're guilty of something more than just picking her up? I mean, it was planned. Her parents knew she was with him...so what has he done? I don't like this. Please let this girl be safe somewhere.

...He’s described as a cousin through marriage...

Person Of Interest In Zion Foster Case Turns Himself In – CBS Detroit (cbslocal.com)

...She says Jaylin Brazier, the person of interest, who’s also her ex-husband’s cousin, picked Zion up from their Eastpointe home to hang out, something they did often...

Eastpointe 17-year-old missing since Jan. 4, person of interest questioned (fox2detroit.com)

Last edited:
This is a strange case.

I'm not going to judge anyone. It's obvious that Zion felt safe asking her mother to go hang out with this "cousin". If she felt the needed to lie, she would simply say she was going to hang out with someone else. But this doesn't make any sense to me, how is it "normal" for a 17-year-old girl to go out at that hour on, what I assume was a school night, with a male, grown adult, cousin that's not even her actual cousin? Makes no sense.

This is a strange case.

I'm not going to judge anyone. It's obvious that Zion felt safe asking her mother to go hang out with this "cousin". If she felt the needed to lie, she would simply say she was going to hang out with someone else. But this doesn't make any sense to me, how is it "normal" for a 17-year-old girl to go out at that hour on, what I assume was a school night, with a male, grown adult, cousin that's not even her actual cousin? Makes no sense.

January 4 was a Tuesday, so, yes, one would assume that Zion would have school the following day. She had been at work until @10:00PM and was then going to go "hang out" with a male "cousin" who lived at least 20 minutes from Zion's home in Eastpointe. How long was she planning to visit the cousin? Zion would have been out until the wee hours of January 5 when she should have been going to school. Was Zion accustomed to "hanging out" with the "cousin" late at night? Sorry to say, but I don't have a good feeling about a positive outcome here.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pklav69
Back