Deceased/Not Found MI - Zion Foster 17, texted saying on her way home, Eastpointe, 4 Jan 2022 *arrest"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not seeing an arrest of JB ( cousin). He turned himself in for questioning. Was he released? Trying to figure out if we are barking up the wrong tree. IMO
I believe LE identified him has the person who she might be with. He turned himself in to talk to them, I don't believe there was an warrant for his arrest though.

JAN 22, 2022
Police arrest cousin of missing Eastpointe teen Zion Foster (clickondetroit.com)
The cousin of a teenage girl who went missing from Eastpointe was reportedly arrested Saturday on a felony warrant related to the case.

Eastpointe police say Jaylin Brazier, 21, has been officially taken into custody on a felony warrant related to disappearance of 17-year-old Zion Rachelle Foster. Brazier, previously a person of interest in the case, turned himself into police on Wednesday, Jan. 19, and was being questioned after being sought by police.

JAN 22, 2022
Police arrest cousin of missing Eastpointe teen Zion Foster (clickondetroit.com)
The cousin of a teenage girl who went missing from Eastpointe was reportedly arrested Saturday on a felony warrant related to the case.

Eastpointe police say Jaylin Brazier, 21, has been officially taken into custody on a felony warrant related to disappearance of 17-year-old Zion Rachelle Foster. Brazier, previously a person of interest in the case, turned himself into police on Wednesday, Jan. 19, and was being questioned after being sought by police.

Just saw the report on WDIV 6:00PM news. I hope Jaylin will tell Zion's mother and family what happened to her.

There is a bit more information in this WXYZ report, but the police still haven't released the charges. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't have a good feeling about the outcome, and I wonder if the outcome would have been different if the Eastpointe PD had taken it seriously when her mother first reported her missing.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/arrest-made-in-connection-to-missing-eastpointe-teen

Eastpointe police, the FBI and the Detroit police department are investigating. Today, a sign of progress. Eastpointe PD arrested 21-year-old Jaylin Brazier.

“Our detectives uncovered some inconsistencies with the stories he’s giving so they were able to obtain a warrant," says Lt. Martin Campbell.

Lt. Campbell says Braizer was being questioned by the
Detroit police department earlier this week. He was scheduled to be released today, but when Eastpointe PD realized his story wasn’t adding up, they booked him.

“I am glad that they see what I saw from the beginning,” says Milton.
Jaylin Braizer will be arraigned on Monday at the 38th district court. 7 Action news is working to learn the charges he is facing.

More at link.

Moo... Z left with cousin at 10:45pm ..next contact was 12:45 with text possibly from Z or maybe not saying on way home....then her phone was shut down. 2 hours is a small window of time. I hope it is simply solved by tracking cousins phone. So very sad for Z and those that care about her.

When I read about Jaylin's arrest yesterday, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. IIRC, a PI tracked Jaylin's car to Waterford, MI. Anyone who is familiar with the Waterford area knows that there are dozens of small lakes in that part of Oakland County.

ETA: I removed Mapquest link because it doesn't seem to be working. If you look at a map of Waterford in Oakland County, MI you will see that there is a lot of water in that area. If Jaylin hurt Zion, maybe she is in a body of water in the area where his vehicle was spotted. JMO

...A private investigator from Chicago, who specializes in human trafficking, contacted the Local 4 Defenders with photos of Braizer’s vehicle, an Acura, that was spotted on Jan. 10 in Detroit and in Hazel Park. The car was then spotted on Jan. 13 in Waterford, but there were no photos of Foster in the car...

Last edited:
Cousin of missing Eastpoint teen formally arrested on felony warrant - NewsBreak

...Authorities and family of Foster are still searching for the missing 17-year-old amid fears she has become a victim of sex trafficking .

Milton claims while many tips have come pouring in for people believing they have seen Foster, the family has also received harassing calls, threats, and ransom demands.

The callers say Foster is being held hostage while other "tips" say her daughter will be sold, bought or killed...

So far, I haven't found a time for the arraignment, but here are the charges against Jaylin Brazier.

Case ID: 22-459-FY
Court Location: 38TH EASTPOINTE
Judge of Record: GALEN, KATHLEEN G.
Name: BRAZIER, JAYLIN, OMAR
Year of Birth: 1998
Case Status: PENDING
Venue: CITY OF EASTPOINTE
Officer/Agency: REINHOLD, IAN / EASTPOINTE POLICE DEPARTMENT
PIN: 22-259
Due Date:
Attorney:
Date Filed: 1/21/2022
Offense Date: 1/10/2022
License Suspended:
Balance: $0.00
Next Hearing:
Charges (2)
Charge Count: 1
Original Charge: LYING TO A PEACE OFFICER- VIOLENT CRIME INVESTIGATION
Current Charge: LYING TO A PEACE OFFICER- VIOLENT CRIME INVESTIGATION
Amended Or Reduced:
Charge Level: F
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 2
Original Charge: LYING TO A PEACE OFFICER 4-YEA OR MORE CRIME INVESTIGATION
Current Charge: LYING TO A PEACE OFFICER 4-YEA OR MORE CRIME INVESTIGATION
Amended Or Reduced:
Charge Level: F

https://micourt.courts.michigan.gov/CaseSearch/Terms?ReturnUrl=/CaseSearch/Court/D38

Last edited:
Metro Detroit missing person cases leave families with heartbreak, uncertainty (detroitnews.com)

In the cold, early days of 2022, two Metro Detroit families miles apart shared the same, unthinkable heartbreak.

Both awaited any clues leading them to the loved ones they had reported missing: Latima Warren, a Detroit mother of four, and Zion Foster, a 17-year-old high school student. Through canvassing, linking with activists and flurried social media posts, they strived to spread the word online and in their neighborhoods.

Last week, one family inched closer to closure when authorities uncovered remains identified as Warren’s and arrested a man in connection with her death.

But as police investigate both cases, questions remain about what led to the pair’s demise. And their relatives are working to ensure they won’t be forgotten or denied justice.

“We’re just trying to get our daughter back,” said James Royster, Zion's father. “All we want is for Zion to come home.”...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23
Back