Deceased/Not Found MI - Zion Foster 17, texted saying on her way home, Eastpointe, 4 Jan 2022 *arrest"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Case ID: 22-459-FY
Court Location: 38TH EASTPOINTE
Judge of Record: GALEN, KATHLEEN G.
Name: BRAZIER, JAYLIN, OMAR
Year of Birth: 1998
Case Status: CLOSED
Venue: CITY OF EASTPOINTE
Officer/Agency: REINHOLD, IAN / EASTPOINTE POLICE DEPARTMENT
PIN: 22-259
Due Date: 2/2/2022
Attorney: DOTY, TIMOTHY THOMAS, II
Date Filed: 1/21/2022
Offense Date: 1/10/2022
License Suspended:
Balance: $0.00
Next Hearing:

Case ID: 22-459-FY
Court Location: 38TH EASTPOINTE
Judge of Record: GALEN, KATHLEEN G.
Name: BRAZIER, JAYLIN, OMAR
Year of Birth: 1998
Case Status: CLOSED
Venue: CITY OF EASTPOINTE
Officer/Agency: REINHOLD, IAN / EASTPOINTE POLICE DEPARTMENT
PIN: 22-259
Due Date: 2/2/2022
Attorney: DOTY, TIMOTHY THOMAS, II
Date Filed: 1/21/2022
Offense Date: 1/10/2022
License Suspended:
Balance: $0.00
Next Hearing:

I don't get it -- does CLOSED mean he's 'off scot free?'

How do they know this is a "violent crime investigation "?
Isn't she officially just "missing"?
And I'm guessing the 10th is the date of his first interview?
Sorry, I'm a bit rusty so maybe I missed the answers.

And no, he's still there

Charge Count: 1
Original Charge: LYING TO A PEACE OFFICER- VIOLENT CRIME INVESTIGATION
Current Charge: LYING TO A PEACE OFFICER- VIOLENT CRIME INVESTIGATION
Amended Or Reduced:
Charge Level: F
Disposition: EXAM WAIVED; DEFENDANT BOUND OVER
Disposition Date: 2/2/2022

Charge Count: 2
Original Charge: LYING TO A PEACE OFFICER 4-YEA OR MORE CRIME INVESTIGATION
Current Charge: LYING TO A PEACE OFFICER 4-YEA OR MORE CRIME INVESTIGATION
Amended Or Reduced:
Charge Level: F
Disposition: EXAM WAIVED; DEFENDANT BOUND OVER
Disposition Date: 2/2/2022

He had a probable cause hearing yesterday

https://micourt.courts.michigan.gov...ypeNumber=D01&caseType=FY&petitionNumber=null

How do they know this is a "violent crime investigation "?
Isn't she officially just "missing"?
And I'm guessing the 10th is the date of his first interview?
Sorry, I'm a bit rusty so maybe I missed the answers.

There is allegedly a homicide warrant being considered by Detroit Police Department. JB was given the high bond and incarcerated on lesser charges due to the possibility of a homicide charge that is still pending.

Last edited:
As far as I know, Zion is still missing. Unless Jaylin Brazier starts talking, we're probably never going to know what happened to this girl :( JB was the last person to see Zion before she went missing and probably knows something about her disappearance.

Shawn Ley

Mother of Zion Foster goes public with information investigators wanted to keep quiet.

However, cousin Jaylin Brazier plead no contest this morning to a charge of lying to police about Zion’s disappearance.

274089213_4638389842938532_4499230240847677046_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As a reminder:

These are the RULES concerning social media. There are several pages allowed to be linked and discussed. However, the following applies to even those:

Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.

Thanks for helping keep Websleuths amazing!

- Mad

It is official...Zion got put in dumpster..she was 17....fox 2 Detroit...gabby's parents have some kinda charity thing going ..maybe they can help find her. But i have no info on how to ask for their support to find Zion in dumpster.......moo

This is just awful.

'He threw her in a dumpster': Mother of missing Zion Foster says cousin told her teen is dead

DETROIT (FOX 2) - The mother of Zion Foster, who has been missing since Jan. 5, says the teen's cousin told her she is dead.

"He said that my baby just died, and then that he threw her in a dumpster, like she was trash," Ciera Milton said.

Foster, 17, left her mother's Eastpointe home to hangout with her cousin 17-year-old Jaylin Brazier on Detroit's west side. However, Foster never returned home.

Milton said Brazier helped post fliers and was there for emotional support in the early stages of the disappearance. Then, he was arrested weeks later.

Brazier was changed with lying to police during the investigation.

"I’m sitting there and I’m shaking. It’s difficult to accept because he’s been lying from the beginning," Milton said.

On Wednesday, Brazier pleaded no contest as part of a plea deal.

"His mother reached out to me and told me, ‘You know, we are both hurting.’ No. That’s impossible. You hurt for one reason, and I hurt in a measure you won’t experience," Milton said.

Detroit police said they have filed a homicide warrant request with the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office.

As Milton continues to grieve, she holds out hope that her daughter may be found alive since her body has yet to be recovered.

"If somebody has information, please bring my beautiful, singing, talented, boisterous, happy, peaceful baby back," she said. "I’m told a lot, ‘You are so strong. I don’t know how you look the way you look.’ But people don’t see me past this point. You’ve seen me break down in moments on camera, but there are moments when I can’t breathe."

^ I'm saddened but not surprised to learn what might have happened to Zion. I had thoughts along these lines a while ago: JB wanted "more" than just to hang out and watch Netflix with Zion. There could have been drugs and/or alcohol involved. Zion might have tried to fight against JB's advances or couldn't handle the drugs or alcohol. She passed out (or died) and he knew that he'd be in big trouble as the last person to be with her, so he had to get rid of her body.

When I heard that Jaylin's vehicle was seen on surveillance video in Waterford, I thought that he might have driven there to dispose of a body in one of the many lakes in that area. I posted this map previously to show how easy it would have been for JB to drive to Waterford from his home on the west side of Detroit.

data=Oe7hn8G0ybAwNXmUUq4iGUltX4ADVeBxeNSLshmkkt05xbCJtjOxCvupYFwkPzeymepNDwK-8qBhwEiiKoACp4_b2NCT5T1cMxkSIWbFR4d_4dKTDzCCsb8fOIiw7OOPLkr5srm0oLYghWL_v7gvyAtMZrD3cvWloHtp6jxq8Jjy0e8VO5IGezkZRj95cKZ4PqdJXA,WETA8DEVOKvrtdQ7gfW_CakZ2-P5zq1UGtt5yNB6fPqqG-fUTDTbIxkYFlaXOPXVhlRzIzdQ7uKv64qK7v8GBQEANAsIH4iQK1G47DfdLivtRVFl5v1Oqyi6rdKjRJEbsz2URGjSXNGz3RQAfdnaHq3H7VRq9PBlpWaaTEWoSBWQATDLoCrqRJc4P-PqIi4v1AZXMWUutwAINywFTZQA1uYQplp54gXSEGlf0XgeY_8WGlSFn5Rypc7JHLdQJ2BfrER3QS6yuo_CiS__X0tLzHnfFgnkAXgsStSsy4JSj6oLD9BHoTH4iQpLm2etUEceV5AdP45qw-EV_1JBVeq3GiJNnxwlFEwz6R97z06mnWotCpdFs6t3EfZZ75XmsCv9XEC2BHOO24UEgA85TdDkpjzAMww

I hope JB is charged with homicide and goes to trial so that Zion's family can have some closure if she is deceased. JMO

Mother of missing Eastpointe teen says cousin confessed (audacy.com)

EASTPOINTE (WWJ) -- Eerie details have come to the surface in the case of the missing Macomb County teen, Zion Foster, who was last seen in early January.

The 17-year-old's foster mother, Lanese Milton, posted a revealing note on Facebook Wednesday night, saying there's been a confession about what happened in her daughter's disappearance...

Moo..he is only 23...but he has taken responsibly...i respect that..

He took a no contest plea--not admitting or denying that he did that, which is not responsibility. He gets to say that he never really admitted that he lied. AND, where is this young woman? How did she die? Her family has no closure, no body and no peace.

ETA: Teens don't just die, except in very rare occurrences. His girlfriend helped him dispose of her body. If it was an accident, finding her sooner is better for him-- gets him off the hook. Drugs or some other nefarious thing probably is what made her a candidate for disappearing. JMHO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back