CA CA - Sue Sharp 36, & 3 children, Keddie Cabin Murders, Plumas, 11 Apr 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With sadness, today marks the 41st anniversary of the Keddie homicides. That it’s gone unsolved for so long is a tragedy. These wounds can’t ever be fully healed, but I believe answers can still be found and accountability held. Mother Sue Sharp, son Johnny, daughter Tina and friend Dana Wingate lost their lives horribly and inexplicably .
But on this anniversary, I’d like to take a moment to think on the living victims. People who, while suffering unimaginable grief and confusion had their own lives pulled out from underneath them. The fear and insecurity of that, I can’t begin to imagine. Years later and looking for answers, they were met with suspicion and hostility from strangers hiding behind keyboards. I won’t pull any punches, every angle deserves investigating. But the malicious, personal attacks that random people gleefully joined in on, feeling justified because they’d become part of a mob mentality? Like feral dogs attacking, sickens me to my core. I think back to my own postings wondering if I ever hurt anybody and hoping not, but probably. Although these online Keddie boards were started with the best of intentions, was it worth seeing people’s lives torn apart and exposed? The dead are at peace, only the living can still suffer.
I honestly hope none of the survivors read this or any other write up. I hope they forget what day it is, being too busy enjoying beautiful lives with wonderful families. #Keddietruth find us

There's a retired detective on YouTube who discusses cold case murders. He covered this one and had some good insights. I'll have to listen again, but there was discussion of how the killers used bindings, etc. from the home, meaning they hadn't gone there with the intent to kill. Also something about the position of the bodies, etc. Will have to listen again.

There's a retired detective on YouTube who discusses cold case murders. He covered this one and had some good insights. I'll have to listen again, but there was discussion of how the killers used bindings, etc. from the home, meaning they hadn't gone there with the intent to kill. Also something about the position of the bodies, etc. Will have to listen again.
Hi, Betty. Do you have a link to the video? TIA

Ken Mains, did an excellent podcast on his "unsolved no more" channel.
That’s it. He brought up the idea that the killer(s) entered from the back of the house. Bindings and weapons came from the house, so killers didn’t come with Intent to kill them.

He went over a lot of details. For some reason, he said the phone call suggesting police check someplace for the body of Tina was probably not relevant. He did say whoever did it was someone who spent time hiking and camping because the location of Tina’s remains was quite remote and not easily found unless you knew to look for it.

It’s a long episode with a lot of information.

Last edited:
He also did a follow up, I have a feeling he's still not done with this one. I think he could do so much more with information that the public doesnt have access too. He seems bull doggish and stubbornish, but I think he looks at things without blinders. I loved to see a seasoned professional confused by this case, it is alot.

To the people stating there was no cover-up or corruption, if you watch the People Magazine Investigates episode "Cabin 28 Horror in the Woods" which is publicly and easily accessible online the current LE detectives, the investigators from the Sheriff's department (the new ones that took over) literally state there was corruption and a cover-up. I feel they are really brave in that programme actually.

LE: "Were things done properly, thoroughly, or as well as they could have been? No"

LE: "I'd like to say that it's just a poor investigation, but the more I read and the more I look at it and the more I see had not been done... to leave out evidence is... is more than just incompetence. It was done purposely"

Again, really brave.

I will not write my own theories on what I think happened as I don't see the point - it has already been extensively covered in this thread. <modsnip>

I am not one for conspiracy theories but very rarely cover-ups do happen and people want things dropped or hidden due to reasons not even connected to the crime but personal reasons/worry about things coming out, whatever that could be is beyond the scope of this really.

To me it targetted Sue. The boys were downstairs in a basement and would have had to have run around the outside of the house to get in when they HEARD the commotion.

Nothing I have said here has not been stated in the programme or police documents.

I'll leave with the words of Investigator Gamberg: "it was evil"

Last edited by a moderator:
In the rear scrapings of my memory, I had this associated with an escaped murderer. Unless there’s another cabin murder in CA?

I came across that escaped prisoner when I was doing some research on missing persons cases requested by LE on the Sand Canyon NV John Doe case. The guy gave me nightmares so I had to drop it.

I’ll see if I can find it. He had to have red hair…that was a big clue.

Later edit…weird that Sand Canyon case has disappeared from WS. It was very successful for WS, and Tisha talks about it publicly, so I wonder where it went….

To the people stating there was no cover-up or corruption, if you watch the People Magazine Investigates episode "Cabin 28 Horror in the Woods" which is publicly and easily accessible online the current LE detectives, the investigators from the Sheriff's department (the new ones that took over) literally state there was corruption and a cover-up. I feel they are really brave in that programme actually.

LE: "Were things done properly, thoroughly, or as well as they could have been? No"

LE: "I'd like to say that it's just a poor investigation, but the more I read and the more I look at it and the more I see had not been done... to leave out evidence is... is more than just incompetence. It was done purposely"

Again, really brave.

I will not write my own theories on what I think happened as I don't see the point - it has already been extensively covered in this thread. <modsnip>

I am not one for conspiracy theories but very rarely cover-ups do happen and people want things dropped or hidden due to reasons not even connected to the crime but personal reasons/worry about things coming out, whatever that could be is beyond the scope of this really.

To me it targetted Sue. The boys were downstairs in a basement and would have had to have run around the outside of the house to get in when they HEARD the commotion.

Nothing I have said here has not been stated in the programme or police documents.

I'll leave with the words of Investigator Gamberg: "it was evil"

I watched the People Magazine coverage--thanks for mentioning that. From that, it seems it was an intentional coverup. So sad.

To be honest I actually don't like People Magazine Investigates because I watched another case which I won't mention here as I don't want to derail the thread and felt they were intentionally misleading. When I read around the case I discovered they presented it in an extremely biased way to suit their own agenda of the show rather than presenting the facts and I was dismayed by that. They left really key things out and tried to throw it one way.

However, in this horribly sad case I felt OK to reference the actual quotes from current LE as it was verbatim and not anything to do with the show per se. So I am glad you watched it for that, especially as there are two of them who are on the same page.

k-mac, I believe more people than you mention may know what happened. However, who knows, it is all up in the air.

I just feel so sad for Tina. How many people victimised her. It is wretched. She was abused by her dad, she was abused by the neighbour from the previous address, <modsnip: Removed accusations against non POI/suspect> and then she is awoken to this heinous crime, her family is murdered and she is murdered. I mean how many horrible events (and those are the ones we know about). The whole thing is sad. It is so long ago and so sad. I feel sad that people were killed who had nothing to do with it. I wonder if it is finally time for someone to speak out after all of this time as it would bring an incredible sense of closure and they would be able to get on with their lives. I know I would not be able to fully get on with my life if I had knowledge of something like this, it would sit in the back of my mind affecting everything I did and it would only be after I spoke out that I would be able to live and move on. What a weight to bear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back