AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the video the officer asks if she is ok.

“Yeah, doing a photoshoot of lost soldiers and got emotional so wanted to stop crying before I got on the road,” said Grimm.

She told the officer she was emotional after taking pictures of veteran’s graves.

“I appreciate your compassion,” said Grimm on the video.

A week later on October 5, Coconino County Sheriff's deputies were called to Road 6, a remote dirt road west of Flagstaff near Ashfork, Arizona. They found Grimm's abandoned SUV in the middle of a road that's often used by hunters and woodcutters.

Her car was locked, her clothes were inside and two tires were flat.

Sheriff Jim Driscoll says her disappearance is suspicious because they didn’t receive a call from anyone about car trouble and say foul play is a possibility.

“We focus on both the person who is potentially lost or that there's foul play, or that they chose voluntarily to get a ride,” said Driscoll.

“It’s unlike her, she over communicates,” said Janet Grimm, Chelsea’s mother

“We were told by one individual that she seemed confused when she was in Seligman. She was trying to exchange euros as opposed to US currency,” said Driscoll.

Very strange place for her vehicle to show up and very concerning.

“We were told by one individual that she seemed confused when she was in Seligman. She was trying to exchange euros as opposed to US currency,” said Driscoll.
That gives me hope that she has suffered some sort of mental health issue, rather than foul play of some sort.

why?
sorry for so many why questions ... I'm just curious because I don't find any if the things weird that others have said they do in this thread
I don’t find it weird either, she out that big sad bitmoji over it or whatever. Just seems like a reaction to something she came across.

The oil change light may be a tad concerning for that long of a trip.

“Yeah, doing a photoshoot of lost soldiers and got emotional so wanted to stop crying before I got on the road,” said Grimm.

She told the officer she was emotional after taking pictures of veteran’s graves.

“I appreciate your compassion,” said Grimm on the video.

A week later on October 5, Coconino County Sheriff's deputies were called to Road 6, a remote dirt road west of Flagstaff near Ashfork, Arizona. They found Grimm's abandoned SUV in the middle of a road that's often used by hunters and woodcutters.

Sheriff Jim Driscoll says her disappearance is suspicious because they didn’t receive a call from anyone about car trouble and say foul play is a possibility.

“We focus on both the person who is potentially lost or that there's foul play, or that they chose voluntarily to get a ride,” said Driscoll.

“It’s unlike her, she over communicates,” said Janet Grimm, Chelsea’s mother

This is a good updated article and video with new information. The boyfriends, current or ex , have been ruled out as being involved. Definitely worth reading. JMO

In the video it is shown that they have been able to track some of her other interactions until 9/30. I’m glad people are coming forward.

When asked by the woodcutter if she was ok, she said she was and out enjoying taking photos in the field. My question is, when did the flat tires happen? Were they flat when he encountered her? It’s very confusing. I was hoping that she got a ride from her car, but then where is she?!

Hoping for a miracle for Chelsea. I’ve been that person stopped on a back road taking pictures.

IMO

In the video it is shown that they have been able to track some of her other interactions until 9/30. I’m glad people are coming forward.

When asked by the woodcutter if she was ok, she said she was and out enjoying taking photos in the field. My question is, when did the flat tires happen? Were they flat when he encountered her? It’s very confusing. I was hoping that she got a ride from her car, but then where is she?!

Hoping for a miracle for Chelsea. I’ve been that person stopped on a back road taking pictures.

IMO
I hope she’s okay too, but I’m concerned. In this article shared above ( Missing woman from Ocean Beach last seen in Arizona ) the family mentions she sometimes struggled with mental health. Wish they could be more specific…

why is it weird?
Because most people in the U.S. wear shoes? Especially when they are driving across country. If I saw a barefoot woman picking flowers by a cemetery crying, yeah I'd would think that IS weird. How often do you see that?

My dad was an Vietnam Army vet and he always taught me the importance of taking care of your feet. If your feet get cut/infected or get hurt and you can no longer walk on them, it puts you in an extremely vulnerable position.

I remember during the Petito/Laundrie case they were talking about Brian hiking barefoot and I thought: "what a freaking moron."

Snipped...
...Police have been searching the area on foot and by area, and so far, they don’t suspect foul play.

Because most people in the U.S. wear shoes? Especially when they are driving across country. If I saw a barefoot woman picking flowers by a cemetery crying, yeah I'd would think that IS weird. How often do you see that?

My dad was an Vietnam Army vet and he always taught me the importance of taking care of your feet. If your feet get cut/infected or get hurt and you can no longer walk on them, it puts you in an extremely vulnerable position.

I remember during the Petito/Laundrie case they were talking about Brian hiking barefoot and I thought: "what a freaking moron."
My parents used to always tell me never to drive without shoes, in case of an accident, emergency, etc.

To answer a question I’ve seen posed here, in this video news report the parents say Chelsea called them with her change of plans - it was not a text.

Did she call or text her parents that she wouldn't make the wedding and was going camping for a few days instead?????

The answer MATTERS.

Several days into her trip, she texted them to say she intended to skip the wedding and spend more time in Arizona, the station said. Then she vanished.
Did she call or text her parents that she wouldn't make the wedding and was going camping for a few days instead?????

The answer MATTERS.
*Today, news articles report texted. Earlier reports say she called. Do we have an exact quote from her parents as to what she said? Idk how many times I’ve had to start again and read this thread all over again.

Several days into her trip, she texted them to say she intended to skip the wedding and spend more time in Arizona, the station said. Then she vanished.

*Today, news articles report texted. Earlier reports say she called. Do we have an exact quote from her parents as to what she said? Idk how many times I’ve had to start again and read this thread all over again.
It is beyond frustrating that media can't be consistent. In the 12 News video you linked above, I listened to it again just now and around the 1:23 mark, the reporter said they had gotten a call, and then her mom says "she had gotten as far as Arizona and she called us and said..." so I do hope that it was an actual phone call, that her mom heard her voice and didn't detect anything wrong.

I'd also like to know if she called the people whose wedding she was going to attend, or did she text them that she wasn't going to be able to make it... and either way, did she contact them around the same time she contacted her parents?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back