AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“It’s unbearable. You can't imagine how to get through next minute or hour, until you hear something,” said Janet Grimm.

“It's a terrifying feeling,” said Stephen Grimm.

“She told us she probably wasn’t going to the make it to the wedding, and she was going to stay in Arizona for awhile and do some camping,” said Janet.

“It’s not her usual behavior pattern,” said Janet.

The next day, hunters found her 2019 white Ford Escape on a forest service road near Ash Fork, AZ, west of Flagstaff.

The SUV had two flat tires.

“She was on a road. It’s possible she got a ride out of there. That gives us some hope. The fact that she’s experienced obviously gives us some hope,” said Stephen.

Last edited:
photo
photo
On Oct. 5, Deputies with Coconino County Sheriff’s Office in the Williams District responded to a call from hunters of a suspicious vehicle located on FS Road 6, northeast of Ash Fork

The headset she’s wearing in the photo looks like my ear protection I wear when I go shooting. Are those wireless headphones? Why would she have headphones on right outside her car?

And the quote about her saying she’s staying in AZ to camp instead of going to the intended wedding destination in CT is very worrisome!

The headset she’s wearing in the photo looks like my ear protection I wear when I go shooting. Are those wireless headphones? Why would she have headphones on right outside her car?

And the quote about her saying she’s staying in AZ to camp instead of going to the intended wedding destination in CT is very worrisome!
Good catch. Looking at the headset close up though, it looks more like one of the noise cancelling type headsets around the muff part, but it's been a while since I upgraded my hearing protection for the range so I'm not sure all the updates in technology (it took me years to trade in my Walkers for a pair of Sordin Supreme Pro X)

Good catch. Looking at the headset close up though, it looks more like one of the noise cancelling type headsets around the muff part, but it's been a while since I upgraded my hearing protection for the range so I'm not sure all the updates in technology (it took me years to trade in my Walkers for a pair of Sordin Supreme Pro X)
It very well could be just a wireless headset, but in the day and age of air pods and tiny ear buds, it looks a little out of place.

It very well could be just a wireless headset, but in the day and age of air pods and tiny ear buds, it looks a little out of place.
I would have agreed with you a couple of years ago, but I've recently seen a lot of people are against air pods for various reasons from not wanting blue tooth running through their brain to discomfort. I see a lot of noise cancelling headphones on planes.

Agree. My question is ... when she said she's staying in AZ to camp instead of going to the wedding, was that sent via text message? Because then my mind goes to it not being her sending the texts. JMO

I would have agreed with you a couple of years ago, but I've recently seen a lot of people are against air pods for various reasons from not wanting blue tooth running through their brain to discomfort. I see a lot of noise cancelling headphones on planes.
True, but since there is no wire showing on that headset, they would have a Bluetooth connection anyway, right?

True, but since there is no wire showing on that headset, they would have a Bluetooth connection anyway, right?
I was only sharing what I've seen in recent months on social media. I'm not defending anyone's opinion about blue tooth or air pods. My point was that I don't think big headphones are a thing of the past - they are becoming popular again for various reasons, including comfort.

I have a few questions. Some of them have been answered. Kind of. First of all just doing a barebones route of traveling from San Diego to Connecticut shows a route that stays on Hwy 8 until Holbrook where it meets Hwy 40. If she actually intended to go to the wedding from the get-go I presume that would have been the route to take. The fact that she was on a service in Ash Fork suggests she may have tried to cram in a visit to the Grand Canyon.

When she spoke to her mother on Sept 27, was her location identified? Was that before she started her trip or during her trip? If her change in plans were her own, then it's possible she decided during the early part of her trip to change her route. And maybe it's me, but why on earth would someone take a bearded dragon with them on a cross country trip? I guess they'd be easier to look after than a dog (lots of pee breaks) or even a cat (kitty litter, freaked out, etc) than an animal that spends most of it's life in a cage but she was traveling an area where it would have been its natural habitat. If we can get an answer to that, it would help with her motives and whether or not when her mom said she'd changed her mind about going to the wedding. Was that change in plans on the phone or by text?

Just checking the temps in AZ on Sept 27. The temperature in Phoenix on that date was 104F. The temperature in Williams was in the high 70s in the day down to low 40s at night.
Had she ever traveled cross country before? Did she have a vehicle when she moved to San Diego? This particular vehicle? I read that maintaining the proper tire pressure when traveling at high altitudes is challenging, especially when there are dramatic changes in temperature during the day. Could that be why a couple of the tires were flat? Did she have any kind of roadside assistance for her vehicle? Could she have accepted a ride from a not so good Good Samaritan?

I don't know what to make of some of those pictures she took near the cemetery. All the car doors are open. It might have been really hot in the car and she was getting a bit of relief. Anyone who's traveled for a long time without changing your position, like on a long flight, can attest to the fact that swelling in the lower extremities is common. Was she interested in history? Was she picking roadside flowers to place on a grave?

Do we know who was getting married? Was it a friend, a family member, a wedding she wanted to attend or one that she should attend, you know, Now honey, you know that your aunt wants you to attend her 3rd wedding she's expecting you to be there. Did her mom say this was normal behavior for her daughter to change her mind regarding a trip that must have taken some planning?

A little background on Chelsea's plans would be helpful.

Now granted my daughters a bit odd but she is VERY rarely seen without her wireless headphones either on her head or around her neck.

I see hundreds of people wearing them daily on public transport.

@branmuffin she texted her parents about the change in plans
“Several days into the trip, Chelsea texted her parents. She told us she probably wasn’t going to the make it to the wedding, and she was going to stay in Arizona for awhile and do some camping,” said Janet.
Also
“No phone, keys or wallet inside the SUV, but there was a camera. The Grimms say they were led to believe by law enforcement, a selfie in the camera roll was taken after her vehicle broke down. In the photo, she is wearing a purple top.

Another photo shows her with a recent mask. She's traveling with her pet, a bearded dragon.”

Wondering why they have not pinged the phone or have I missed that?
Jmo

@branmuffin she texted her parents about the change in plans
“Several days into the trip, Chelsea texted her parents. She told us she probably wasn’t going to the make it to the wedding, and she was going to stay in Arizona for awhile and do some camping,” said Janet.
Also
“No phone, keys or wallet inside the SUV, but there was a camera. The Grimms say they were led to believe by law enforcement, a selfie in the camera roll was taken after her vehicle broke down. In the photo, she is wearing a purple top.

Another photo shows her with a recent mask. She's traveling with her pet, a bearded dragon.”

Wondering why they have not pinged the phone or have I missed that?
Jmo
If 3 car doors were open—-did the bearded dragon escape?

photo
photo
On Oct. 5, Deputies with Coconino County Sheriff’s Office in the Williams District responded to a call from hunters of a suspicious vehicle located on FS Road 6, northeast of Ash Fork
First thing that struck me about the top picture is why is she barefoot? I wouldn’t think being without shoes in Arizona would be a very good idea.

I wonder if this picture is also where her car was located? Are these the last pictures of her that have been found?

She appears to look healthy, happy, and safe. Hopefully she is.

First thing that struck me about the top picture is why is she barefoot? I wouldn’t think being without shoes in Arizona would be a very good idea.

I wonder if this picture is also where her car was located? Are these the last pictures of her that have been found?

She appears to look healthy, happy, and safe. Hopefully she is.
Ash Fork is about 150 miles north of Phoenix. It has a completely different climate and topography as the desert. Probably ok to be barefoot, but yeah it’s a little weird she’s barefoot, right?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back