FL - Derek Rosa, 13, charged as adult in stabbing death of mother Irina Garcia in her sleep, 13 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Derek Rosa, 13, confesses to killing mother in interrogation video played in court​

Dec 15, 2023
Thirteen-year-old Derek Rosa was heard confessing to fatally stabbing his mother at their Hialeah apartment in an interrogation video played in court Thursday, detectives said.

If it is Derek, the photo on the top R is even more disturbing.
All the pictures are disturbing. IMO

And I saw that 'family' photo again, of them all in pink, holding the pregnant stomach, and I think what disturbs me is the sheer nightie with the slit up to the top of the thighs. It is pretty revealing and is more like lingerie. I think that is what makes some look at it sideways.

This was such a horrific tragedy. So heartbreaking.

Live hearing in progress at link below: Judge is currently asking the defense for case law to support the defense motion that DR's rights are being violated. Judge says he's looking for something objective. Attorney is falling flat --

It's tiring to see defense attorneys through around the Eighth Amendment as if sport-- but without credible facts to back it up. I saw this earlier in the week on a different case.

Interesting to hear the detective say that DR googled 'where to stab' someone to kill. So he was being intentional and rational as opposed to suddenly snapping?

Yup. And listening to the defense grasping at straws on how to make DR appear childlike was tiring. IMO, DR's only upset that he got caught.

I understand why he went for the biggest threat first (mom) but I wonder why he didn't kill the baby as he planned. Perhaps his desire to immediately show his online friend his trophy saved the infant. MOO

Yup. And listening to the defense grasping at straws on how to make DR appear childlike was tiring. IMO, DR's only upset that he got caught.

I understand why he went for the biggest threat first (mom) but I wonder why he didn't kill the baby as he planned. Perhaps his desire to immediately show his online friend his trophy saved the infant. MOO
Wait - he had planned to kill the baby too? Do you have a link for this?

So he researched stabbing people online. There would be dates for that. So it was premeditated, I wonder how long he had been planning it. As for motive, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something trivial, like his mother limiting his screen time, etc.

COURT FINDS NO VIOLATION OF DR's CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS

12/15/23

After a day of shocking revelations, a 13-year-old boy accused of stabbing his mother to death in Hialeah returned to court Friday where a judge ordered him to stay in an adult jail.

Derek Rosa is facing a murder charge in the Oct. 12 killing of his mother, 39-year-old Irina Garcia. He's being charged as an adult and is currently being held at the Metro West Detention Center.

His attorneys had been seeking to have him transferred out of the adult jail and back to the juvenile detention center while he waits trial.

But at Friday's hearing, Judge Richard Hersch decided Rosa will stay at Metro West. The decision comes after multiple hearings and days of testimony.

Wait - he had planned to kill the baby too? Do you have a link for this?
There were two days of live hearings on Thursday and Friday and it was during the hearing (NBC6 Live Stream) when I first heard that DR was going to kill his mom, the baby, and himself but changed his mind. I don't know if DR made the statement inside or outside of custody. It was not confirmed if he made this statement at the crime scene but I think it's possible. I was listening live on NBC 6--sorry no link.

I just read a very interesting article about Kip Kinkel, who murdered his parents then opened fire in a cafeteria full of students at his school, killing two. He was diagnosed with schizophrenia immediately after the murders and claims he heard voices compelling him to kill his family and kids at school. After being medicated, he immediately expressed remorse and has been a model prisoner since. His sister, the only living member of his nuclear family, has been fiercely loyal to him. It's impossible to speculate why Derek killed his mother at this point, but it is interesting to see into the mind of another very young killer.

And pink was the same color as what they wore in the photo.
Or maybe they just had a pink knife set, and he chose the biggest one out of the block or drawer.

Sometimes there isn't a special meaning to everything. It's easy to look for one in a senseless, brutal crime, but he could just have reached into the drawer and grabbed the first one to hand, or chosen it for purely practical reasons, like the way it fit his hand, or the texture of the handle made him think it would be easier to grip when it got slippery.

MOO

Or maybe they just had a pink knife set, and he chose the biggest one out of the block or drawer.

Sometimes there isn't a special meaning to everything. It's easy to look for one in a senseless, brutal crime, but he could just have reached into the drawer and grabbed the first one to hand, or chosen it for purely practical reasons, like the way it fit his hand, or the texture of the handle made him think it would be easier to grip when it got slippery.

MOO
Possibly. Or it’s possible there’s a symbolic meaning. I wonder if we’ll eventually find out.
I guess knives with pink handles have become a fairly common thing. I actually don’t recall ever seeing them in pink, but there’s an abundance of them on Amazon.

I’m thinking Moms favorite color was pink. I’ve notice you can buy small kitchen appliances in pink now. So pink handled knives would be appealing if that’s the case. I don’t think there’s any correlation between pink and the sons state of mind.

I keep wondering why there was a camera in the master bedroom. At face value, it seems creepy to me. But then again, maybe Mom & Step Dad had concerns for the baby’s well being? Step Dad was a long distance truck driver & gone frequently, if I’m remembering that correctly. Maybe he wanted to be able to check in on them?

He wanted to harm his baby sister and self? Is there a written link for that? This case gets worse and worse.

It hasn't been said what he said about his motive or thoughts yet, right?

I’m thinking Moms favorite color was pink. I’ve notice you can buy small kitchen appliances in pink now. So pink handled knives would be appealing if that’s the case. I don’t think there’s any correlation between pink and the sons state of mind.

I keep wondering why there was a camera in the master bedroom. At face value, it seems creepy to me. But then again, maybe Mom & Step Dad had concerns for the baby’s well being? Step Dad was a long distance truck driver & gone frequently, if I’m remembering that correctly. Maybe he wanted to be able to check in on them?
I think it was probably a baby monitor cam.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back