GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire Trump orbit is filled with liars and scumbags, although it's clear no one tops Trump in that regard. We'll see what the jury finds credible and if it's enough for a conviction.

Yep...and btw, Cohen was a big part of the liars and the scumbags.
The scum, unfortunately, is tattoo on his body.
So I believe him and the detailed documentation he has provided, even though he slithered out of the scum.

Clearly, a lot of people will hang their hats on a "single lie" that they seem to want to attach to Cohen....
It give people the opportunity to justify against the mountains of criminality in the Trump orbit.

Cohen/one lie vs Trump Org/decades of fraud

Cohen's credibility is an important consideration for sure. I believe that because of Cohen's past crimes of hiding the truth, the prosecution will have to show more evidence than simply his word, to prove that Trump made hush payments to Daniels and was involved in the scheme to hide the fact from the public through fraudulent bookkeeping.

So, there will need to be more than just Cohen's word for it. The money trail should be pretty easy to follow when there is no alternate explanation for the cheques.
There has to be more than falsifying business records, IF that’s what happened. That would be considered a misdemeanor. I want to know about the alleged commission of another crime that makes the falsifying of business records a felony.

I found it interesting that Judge Merchan won’t allow a Federal Election Commission (FEC) expert to testify. I think what they have to say might be enlightening. imo

Judge Juan Merchan said that allowing a Federal Election Commission (FEC) expert to testify on the additional subjects that Donald Trump's lawyers are seeking would lead to a "battle of the experts," which would "only confuse and not assist" the jury.

Edit to add link Judge says allowing FEC expert to testify would lead to a "battle of experts" that would confuse jury

So Trumps sycophants have information that provides insight into Trump’s organizations business?

They don’t seem to understand that Trump covered up a payoff with his own personal business which when looked into was such a septic tank that the greater charge was added?

Or they do and are in favor of unlawful campaign contributions in violation of Federal law as they do it too and want it ignored?

I reckon the others need their campaign finances looked into also.

Why are they not in Washington doing their job as elected instead of trying to influence and detract from the 34 felony counts of the State’s case?

[…]
Several other Trump allies, including Rep. Andrew Clyde, R-Ga., and state representatives from New York, Missouri and Georgia, also shared comments in support of Trump as the protestors' screams grew louder, calling out, "We don't care what you have to say!"
[…]

[…]
Merchan said that prosecutors aren't required to prove the underlying crime beyond a reasonable doubt — which could be a key distinction when he writes the jury instructions.
[…]

No matter the outcome it’s a look into the festering sewer of business practices by Trump et al that many that have been swindled by Trump have been hoping for a long time.

[…]
Cohen says he expressed to Costello that the nonpayment was becoming an issue and asked that Costello have Giuliani pass that on to Trump. (In this line of questioning, Blanche is inadvertently calling attention to Trump's history of not paying people such as building contractors.)
[…]
Trump trial live updates: Michael Cohen cross-examination resumes in New York hush money trial

[...]
USA TODAY NETWORK analysis found he [Trump] has been involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits over the past three decades — and a large number of those involve ordinary Americans, like the Friels, who say Trump or his companies have refused to pay them.
[…]
At least 60 lawsuits, along with hundreds of liens, judgments, and other government filings reviewed by the USA TODAY NETWORK, document people who have accused Trump and his businesses of failing to pay them for their work. Among them: a dishwasher in Florida. A glass company in New Jersey. A carpet company. A plumber. Painters. Forty-eight waiters. Dozens of bartenders and other hourly workers at his resorts and clubs, coast to coast. Real estate brokers who sold his properties. And, ironically, several law firms that once represented him in these suits and others.

Trump’s companies have also been cited for 24 violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act since 2005 for failing to pay overtime or minimum wage, according to U.S. Department of Labor data. That includes 21 citations against the defunct Trump Plaza in Atlantic City and three against the also out-of-business Trump Mortgage LLC in New York. Both cases were resolved by the companies agreeing to pay back wages.

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

all imo

There has to be more than falsifying business records, IF that’s what happened. That would be considered a misdemeanor. I want to know about the alleged commission of another crime that makes the falsifying of business records a felony.

I found it interesting that Judge Merchan won’t allow a Federal Election Commission (FEC) expert to testify. I think what they have to say might be enlightening. imo

Judge Juan Merchan said that allowing a Federal Election Commission (FEC) expert to testify on the additional subjects that Donald Trump's lawyers are seeking would lead to a "battle of the experts," which would "only confuse and not assist" the jury.

Edit to add link Judge says allowing FEC expert to testify would lead to a "battle of experts" that would confuse jury

As I understand it, the crime was breaking campaign finance laws.

The business records were falsified to cover up that crime.

As I understand it, the crime was breaking campaign finance laws.

The business records were falsified to cover up that crime.
They need to prove it and from what I’ve seen they have not.

We should hear from the FEC in the courtroom. Weird. imo

I’ll bet after he lied to Congress not many found him credible. Now that he’s on the stand testifying against Trump, he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

He’s not credible. We won’t ever agree. So I respectfully agree to disagree.

imo

It is what it is, I just don't understand why he's not credible but when he admits to embezzlement that is somehow a credible claim??

[...]

But Merchan just made clear that it's not that cut and dry.

Merchan said that prosecutors aren't required to prove the underlying crime beyond a reasonable doubt — which could be a key distinction when he writes the jury instructions.

[...]

imo

Here's the pic from 10/24 -
Oct. 24, 2016 8:02pm96 second call from Cohen to Schiller's phoneThis appears to be CSPAN footage showing Schiller and Trump side-by-side at Oct. 24 event How much hush money conversation can Cohen-Trump have in 96 secs? Trump-Cohen McDougal audio: took only 47 seconds

As far as I know a campaign finance violation hasn't come up at all so far in this trial. I agree that it's weird. JMO.

As far as I know a campaign finance violation hasn't come up at all so far in this trial. I agree that it's weird. JMO.

That is the whole point of the trial!

Trump not only falsified business records related to payments made to Stormy Daniels, but that he did so to illegally conceal information from voters that could have hurt his 2016 presidential chances — a crime that bumps these charges from a misdemeanor to a felony.

all imo

So Trumps sycophants have information that provides insight into Trump’s organizations business?

They don’t seem to understand that Trump covered up a payoff with his own personal business which when looked into was such a septic tank that the greater charge was added?

Or they do and are in favor of unlawful campaign contributions in violation of Federal law as they do it too and want it ignored?

I reckon the others need their campaign finances looked into also.

Why are they not in Washington doing their job as elected instead of trying to influence and detract from the 34 felony counts of the State’s case?

[…]
Several other Trump allies, including Rep. Andrew Clyde, R-Ga., and state representatives from New York, Missouri and Georgia, also shared comments in support of Trump as the protestors' screams grew louder, calling out, "We don't care what you have to say!"
[…]

[…]
[…]

No matter the outcome it’s a look into the festering sewer of business practices by Trump et al that many that have been swindled by Trump have been hoping for a long time.

[…]
Cohen says he expressed to Costello that the nonpayment was becoming an issue and asked that Costello have Giuliani pass that on to Trump. (In this line of questioning, Blanche is inadvertently calling attention to Trump's history of not paying people such as building contractors.)
[…]
Trump trial live updates: Michael Cohen cross-examination resumes in New York hush money trial

[...]
USA TODAY NETWORK analysis found he [Trump] has been involved in more than 3,500 lawsuits over the past three decades — and a large number of those involve ordinary Americans, like the Friels, who say Trump or his companies have refused to pay them.
[…]
At least 60 lawsuits, along with hundreds of liens, judgments, and other government filings reviewed by the USA TODAY NETWORK, document people who have accused Trump and his businesses of failing to pay them for their work. Among them: a dishwasher in Florida. A glass company in New Jersey. A carpet company. A plumber. Painters. Forty-eight waiters. Dozens of bartenders and other hourly workers at his resorts and clubs, coast to coast. Real estate brokers who sold his properties. And, ironically, several law firms that once represented him in these suits and others.

Trump’s companies have also been cited for 24 violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act since 2005 for failing to pay overtime or minimum wage, according to U.S. Department of Labor data. That includes 21 citations against the defunct Trump Plaza in Atlantic City and three against the also out-of-business Trump Mortgage LLC in New York. Both cases were resolved by the companies agreeing to pay back wages.

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

all imo

Isn't it stattering! You have quite a collection here.
I hope it is ok with you for me to save your post.... There are so many important references here.

How can people ignore all this, and still support a guy in a pretend superman costume?
A good friend, from Australia said with much laughter.... "It's all just so American" ha ha ha ha
Yeah, I could laugh. But, honestly, it hurts.

That is the whole point of the trial!

Trump not only falsified business records related to payments made to Stormy Daniels, but that he did so to illegally conceal information from voters that could have hurt his 2016 presidential chances — a crime that bumps these charges from a misdemeanor to a felony.

all imo
I know. Isn't shocking that the State hasn't given the jury evidence to support that allegation. JMO.

This trial isn't about campaign finance. Trump is accused of violating New York State law by allegedly agreeing to obscure a series of reimbursements to his former lawyer and fixer, Michael Cohen, who is the key witness against Trump in the case. He was indicted on 34 counts of falsifying business records in the first degree.

I know. Isn't shocking that the State hasn't given the jury evidence to support that allegation. JMO.

No, because it’s not true.

Actually:

20 witnessess and over 200 pieces of evidence from the prosecution.

What’s shocking is that anyone thinks that an entrenched career crook with decades of offences and all the money to pay off and destroy others isn’t going to work with his fellow crooks to make sure their deeds are well hidden.

All imo

No, because it’s not true.

Actually:

20 witnessess and over 200 pieces of evidence from the prosecution.

What’s shocking is that anyone thinks that an entrenched career crook with decades of offences and all the money to pay off and destroy others isn’t going to work with his fellow crooks to make sure their deeds are well hidden.

All imo
As they said about President Nixon and Watergate, "Its not the crime as much as its the cover up".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj