GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This post made me think of the son of sam laws. JMO. Not sure if fundraising off felony convictions would be considered profiting from a crime? Still searching for a link to the law in NY that I can understand, lol, so just an honest question for now. Any lawyers here who could offer their thoughts? TIA.

MOO

I agree with you (and I am not American), but, what will the ultimate outcome of this case be? Will it be appealed up to the Supreme Court? Will his buddies help him get off? Will he be given a chance to yet again be President?
It is all very scary (at least in my eyes). Many Americans still support him, no doubt even after this very recent conviction. They will shout, "conspiracy!" They won't respect the verdict of the court.

I (and the rest of the world) will be watching what happens next. We are holding our breath. I hope the verdict is held up.
And, yes, my hat is off to the jurists! So brave to focus on the facts that were given in court, as opposed to the circus outside of court.
Millions are going to support him without shouting conspiracy or showing disrespect for the verdict. I always think it’s better to worry about things you can control rather than things you can’t control - like who other people vote for. imo

I agree with you (and I am not American), but, what will the ultimate outcome of this case be? Will it be appealed up to the Supreme Court? Will his buddies help him get off? Will he be given a chance to yet again be President?
It is all very scary (at least in my eyes). Many Americans still support him, no doubt even after this very recent conviction. They will shout, "conspiracy!" They won't respect the verdict of the court.

I (and the rest of the world) will be watching what happens next. We are holding our breath. I hope the verdict is held up.
And, yes, my hat is off to the jurists! So brave to focus on the facts that were given in court, as opposed to the circus outside of court.
I still support President Trump and I also respect today's verdict even though I don't agree with it. JMO.

This is absolutely disgraceful. They could say simply they disagree with the verdict without trashing our entire justice system, one of the underpinnings of our democracy.

And thank you for your sanity, Mr. Hogan:

A lone Republican voice, former Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, took that approach, saying ahead of the verdict that the public should “respect the verdict and the legal process.”

“At this dangerously divided moment in our history, all leaders — regardless of party — must not pour fuel on the fire with more toxic partisanship,” posted Hogan, who is running for the Senate in Maryland, before the verdict was announced. “We must reaffirm what has made this nation great: the rule of law.”

Millions are going to support him without shouting conspiracy or showing disrespect for the verdict. I always think it’s better to worry about things you can control rather than things you can’t control - like who other people vote for. imo

I just posted this link, but it seems to me that Republican leaders are already showing disrespect for the verdict.

Thank you for this comment. Too many Americans don’t understand how much the US government has been destabilized in recent years. They don’t realize our Allie’s in the rest of the world are concerned. I have family members who live and work in Europe, so hear a lot more of the feedback.

Please keep sharing your POV to remind Americans how scary our situation has become. It’s much needed here. People here don’t realize how much work we still have ahead of us to take back control of our government.

Thank you for this comment. Too many Americans don’t understand how much the US government has been destabilized in recent years. They don’t realize our Allie’s in the rest of the world are concerned. I have family members who live and work in Europe, so hear a lot more of the feedback.

Please keep sharing your POV to remind Americans how scary our situation has become. It’s much needed here. People here don’t realize how much work we still have ahead of us to take back control of our government.
Take back control of our Government from who? President Trump is not in office right now. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay