GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only family member I feel sorry for in all this is Barron. I will give Melania credit for keeping him out of the public eye. But once he goes to college he will be fair game for the press. Maybe a gap year would be good.
JMO

Friday, May 3rd:
*Trial continues (Day 7) (@ 9:30am ET) – NY - *Donald John Trump (76/now 77) was indicted (3/30/23), formally arrested, charged & arraigned (4/4/23) with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in the 1st degree & conspiracy in connection with hush money payments to two women [Stephanie Clifford aka adult actor Stormy Daniels & former Playboy model Karen McDougal] before the 2016 presidential election. Plead not guilty. Warrant vacated, released on own recognizance. New York County
New York: Submitting false invoices or checks. All 34 counts against Trump are felony charges (class E) instead of misdemeanors.
Trial began on 4/15/24 with jury selection & ended on 4/19/24. 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [Jurors: 7 men & 5 women/6 Alternates: 5 women & 1 man].
Trial began on 4/22/24. Trial is expected to run 4 days a week [Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays].
New York Supreme Court Judge Juan Marchan presiding. Manhattan Attorney General Alvin Bragg. Prosecutors are Susan Hoffinger, Joshua Steinglass & Matthew Colangelo. Defense attorneys Todd Blanche, Emil Bove, Susan Necheles & Gedalia Stern.
Trump is required to attend each day in person — although the judge could grant permission for special absences. Trump has vowed to attend court during the day & travel to campaign events at night.

Investigation & court info from 3/30/23 thru 4/12/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-4 (4/15-4/19/24) & Trial Day 1-5 (4/22-4/30/24) reference post #981 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-2.673176/page-50

5/2/24 Thursday, Trial Day 6: *Before bringing in the jury, Judge Juan Merchan held contempt hearing on 4 more incidents.
*Prosecutor Christopher Conroy is going through Trump's alleged violations of the judge's gag order. Violations: From remarks in the hallway outside of court on April 22: re witness Michael Cohen. From an interview Trump gave the same day to "Just The News, No Noise" on the network Real America’s Voice: talking about the jurors. From an interview Trump gave an ABC News affiliate in Pennsylvania on April 22: re witnesses Michael Cohen & David Pecker. From a press event in Manhattan on April 25 when asked about the testimony of former National Enquirer publisher David Pecker. Prosecutor Christopher Conroy made clear that prosecutors believe Trump is violating the gag order on purpose, not on accident. He not seeking jail time.
*Todd Blanche, Trump's attorney, is responding to prosecutors' claims that Trump violated his gag order multiple times, saying that the statements Trump made are part of his presidential campaign, not an attempt to influence proceedings in the courtroom. Merchan replied that Trump’s comments [re David Pecker] could affect other witnesses. “It’s about what everybody else ... sees Mr. Trump saying & not saying. It goes to the integrity of the proceedings.”
*Judge Juan Merchan does not seem particularly impressed by Trump’s lawyer Todd Blanche’s contention that the gag order is unfair to Trump because he cannot respond to attacks against Trump by people like Michael Cohen, an expected trial witness protected by the gag order, and media coverage of other trial witnesses’ testimony. “They’re not defendants in the case. They’re not subject to the gag order,” Merchan says flatly. No decision was made – no outlet said anything.
*State witness: Keith Davidson [an attorney who once represented Stormy Daniels & Karen McDougal] continues on direct & cross-exam. Doug Daus verified some records that were used in the trial. Daus was in Iraq from 2009 to 2011 doing forensic data analysis; he is now a supervising computer forensic analyst in the DA’s office.
For more info see posts #982 & 983 (articles) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-2.673176/page-50
Trial continues on Friday, 5/3/24,
@Niner you are awesome to follow so many cases and I love your updates - well done

Ivanka Trump breaks silence after father is found guilty in hush money case: ‘I love you dad’​

[…]

The former first daughter shared a photo of a young Donald Trump holding her as a kid on his lap to Instagram Stories with the caption “I love you dad” and a heart emoji.

[…]

Sources say Ivanka is fully supportive of her dad and loves him very much despite his conviction.

It’s mortifying that our enemy countries can be cackling with glee to see that a once and possibly future president is a convicted felon.

Yet I feel so proud to be an American.

Twelve ordinary citizens were given the monumental task of scrutinizing mounds of evidence, and thereby empowered to pass judgment on a very wealthy, well-known and powerful man.

Whether they had found him guilty or innocent, this is a cornerstone of our nation.

IMO this would never happen in the countries of our enemies. Would this happen to Putin, or Kim Jong-Un, or Xi Jinping, or to the ayatollahs in nations that consider America to be the Great Satan?

IMO this would NEVER happen in those lands. Anyone daring to pass judgment on their leaders would be summarily executed.

Here, a government of the people, by the people and for the people has not perished from the Earth.

No matter what the verdict had been.

IMO

Last edited:
Collins: Trump was saying there were witnesses that could’ve been called… Why didn’t the defense call any of them?

Blanche: Because we happen to live in America…

Collins: Who ultimately was in charge of the defense strategy here, was it you or was it Donald Trump?

Blanche: it was both of us.

I just watched his interview. He didn't come off well at all. He's had a no-good, very bad day, and it shows.
IMO

Ivanka Trump breaks silence after father is found guilty in hush money case: ‘I love you dad’​

[…]

The former first daughter shared a photo of a young Donald Trump holding her as a kid on his lap to Instagram Stories with the caption “I love you dad” and a heart emoji.

[…]

Sources say Ivanka is fully supportive of her dad and loves him very much despite his conviction.

Chad Daybell's daughter spoke (and lied) for her father and he was also found guilty today. Juror's saw through the lies.
Children are strongly influenced by their parents. They will lie for their parents, particularly if they benefit from their parent's money and/or fame.

If I was one of his lawyers, I would be thinking I "might" not get paid.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if he tries to sue them.

He probably already has a new team, and has filed an appeal for "ineffective counsel".

Trump doesn't accept losing, he always has to blame someone else. He has a huge flaw. Narcissism, epic. He blames this entire fiasco on the Democratic Party, when really, he is the one who did it.

It’s mortifying that our enemy countries can be cackling with glee to see that a once and possibly future president is a convicted felon.

Yet I feel so proud to be an American.

Twelve ordinary citizens were given the monumental task of scrutinizing mounds of evidence, and thereby empowered to pass judgment on a very wealthy, well-known and powerful man.

Whether they had found him guilty or innocent, this is a cornerstone of our nation.

IMO this would never happen in the countries of our enemies. Would this happen to Putin, or Kim Jong-Un, or Xi Jinping, or to the ayatollahs in nations that consider America to be the Great Satan?

IMO this would NEVER happen in those lands. Anyone daring to pass judgment on their leaders would be summarily executed.

Here, a government of the people, by the people and for the people has not perished from the Earth.

No matter what the verdict had been.

IMO

I agree with you (and I am not American), but, what will the ultimate outcome of this case be? Will it be appealed up to the Supreme Court? Will his buddies help him get off? Will he be given a chance to yet again be President?
It is all very scary (at least in my eyes). Many Americans still support him, no doubt even after this very recent conviction. They will shout, "conspiracy!" They won't respect the verdict of the court.

I (and the rest of the world) will be watching what happens next. We are holding our breath. I hope the verdict is held up.
And, yes, my hat is off to the jurists! So brave to focus on the facts that were given in court, as opposed to the circus outside of court.

He probably already has a new team, and has filed an appeal for "ineffective counsel".

Trump doesn't accept losing, he always has to blame someone else. He has a huge flaw. Narcissism, epic. He blames this entire fiasco on the Democratic Party, when really, he is the one who did it.

I expect that Trump will turn on Blanche just as he turned on Cohen.

Had that happened, he wouldn't be crying, protesting and whining "rigged" , "a disgrace", etc etc. He would be shouting the opposite.
The man acts like a toddler. If things don't go his way, it's everybody else's fault.
If they do go his way, he's the hero and it's praises all around.

Chad Daybell's daughter spoke (and lied) for her father and he was also found guilty today. Juror's saw through the lies.
Children are strongly influenced by their parents. They will lie for their parents, particularly if they benefit from their parent's money and/or fame.
What do you think she lied about? I thought what she posted was sweet.

Had that happened, he wouldn't be crying, protesting and whining "rigged" , "a disgrace", etc etc. He would be shouting the opposite.
The man acts like a toddler. If things don't go his way, it's everybody else's fault.
If they do go his way, he's the hero and it's praises all around.
Can confirm. My three year old often shows more emotional stability than convicted felon Trump.

I am over the moon with this verdict. Finally this venal man, this man of absolutely the lowest character is being held accountable for some of his crimes in a court of law. The cases he lost against E.Jean Carroll and the state of NY over fraud notwithstanding, it's a good day for justice in America. It renews my faith in justice being fair and reinforcing the idea that NO ONE no matter how rich, how powerful, how corrupt you are, is above the law.

That said, I have to disagree with those who are wishing a felony conviction barred Trump from running for President. I think this is a good guard rail to ensure that political candidates can't be removed from the race via indictment/conviction. That would enable those who are more Putin-like in their inclination to tip the political scales.

Regardless of what people think, there have been many investigations and court cases pending for DJT. If you had been following, you would know that justice is a long drawn out process. The investigations were well underway before he even announced his candidacies. To me, in my opinion, it's blindingly obvious that he has run for President to escape justice. Why else has he been screaming that he deserves immunity due to having been a President. He's still doing whatever he can to not be held accountable for decades worth of criminal & immoral behavior.

Thankfully, it seems as though the long arm of the law is finally catching up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr