NH NH - Connecticut River Valley Killer (1980s)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well went way down a rabbit hole today.
Is anyone here an expert on RH??
I have heard reference to his brother, Craig on SC
But it appears he has two sisters, based on info on Ancestry. Not named, since they appear to be alive.

Anyone know ??
Because I found one Dolores Mary H, born on 1951, daughter of Theodore in Masapequa. Sister of RH??
She got married in Vergennes VT in 1970
Just trying to see if anything ever put RH in our environment
But now very confused to who thos Dolores is.
moo of course

Well went way down a rabbit hole today.
Is anyone here an expert on RH??
I have heard reference to his brother, Craig on SC
But it appears he has two sisters, based on info on Ancestry. Not named, since they appear to be alive.

Anyone know ??
Because I found one Dolores Mary H, born on 1951, daughter of Theodore in Masapequa. Sister of RH??
She got married in Vergennes VT in 1970
Just trying to see if anything ever put RH in our environment
But now very confused to who thos Dolores is.
moo of course
RH's father is Theodore btw.

RH's father is Theodore btw.
Yep, his mother's Dolores Heuermann, her maiden name actually can be confirmed online, although it's a little hard to find, and she had a couple of brothers and a sister, I believe. It can get pretty confusing because there are Theodores on that side of the family, too. There's a lot out there for RH that circulates that can't really be confirmed. There are lists of addresses, for example, that I've seen, like prior addresses, and I've never once seen many of those addresses confirmed anywhere in MSM, not even in like the fringes of MSM. I've heard the thing about the sisters. Not saying it's impossible, but a lot of times I've seen that when RH references "sister," he means "sister-in-law" because Asa, his now 2nd ex-wife, has at least one sister, which is verified in MSM, although also pretty hard to find. I'm no expert, lol, and could definitely be wrong, but right now, the only sibling I'm positive he has is Craig (and I do frequently look).

One thing of interest is that RH has a lot of potential family connections in multiple locations through aunts and uncles on both sides, I found verified "connections" on each side, so he does mix with the family. I'm not sure how many of those members he's contacted, but I know at least some. And he's quite the traveler. States I've seen mentioned in association with Heuermann (& wife): Nevada, New Jersey, Maryland, Alaska, Florida, Virginia, South Carolina. And those are only the ones where there's a known record. And he's been to Iceland. He's a hunter, had a duck boat. I find RH terrifying, and wonder when exactly he started killing (if in fact he is guilty, and I think he is, MOO) I have a hunch it might have been when he was very young, and I mean very young, but jmo.

It seems following the marriage record, the sister was divorced in Minnesota in 1977.

Well, okay, NYTimes says he has "four siblings." (Never saw that before.) CBS News has the neighbor noting RH grew up with his parents and a brother. I've seen the just one sibling before on multiple sources. There are definitely patches of confusion and ambiguity with RH's background, and I'm sure more info will eventually come out, but NYT says four in this one article (which I'd paste but it's behind paywall). In the meantime, just noting, I "streetviewed" Claremont and Leo's Market, and I saw just what you meant about the area. I'm going to do some more of the "streetview" for other points of interest, too.

Went to Berner HS Massapequa Park graduated 1981, went on to go to New York Institute of Technology to study architecture. Dates of attendance & graduation date/year not stated in any source I've located, but he was newly married in 1990 working as an intern architect in Freeport NY. He eventually opened his own very lucrative architectural firm. Were the Moores like entrepreneurs? Would LM's husband have pretty much owned his own business? Because that's what I'm sure RH wanted at the time. And RH did a lot of woodworking with his father supposedly, and was very "hands-on" in terms of the construction end of his business. Seriously, I'm not saying a connection did happen. But I wouldn't say it absolutely couldn't have happened, and RH has a stalker/"hunter" quality to him, MOO.

Yes, they owned their own company back then. I think pretty much since they were married, from a quick double check online. (I'm being a little vague, since I think Steve deserves some privacy as well.) It looks as though he is still, or at least recently was, a landlord too.

You can find their family home where she was murdered by following route 121 to/ from Saxtons River-Bellows Falls using Google. It is a nice property. The privacy hedges are much higher now, but the house is distinctive.

Nice for the area, keeping in mind most of Saxtons River is more "middle class" than some of the surrounding.

I can tell you though: a guy RH's size really would have stood out in these small towns.

I'm 6ft tall. I REALLY stand out as a woman.

There is a very heavy French Canadian influence, and I would say the average guy is about 5 ft 9.

Steve Moore had a very visible work crew construction presence. There are only a couple of places where the guys would get gas, a coffee, that kind of thing. You see the same people riding around in work trucks, etc. together. I don't remember seeing anyone the size of RH, and I feel I would remember because he would have suck out like a sore thumb, both for the size and the accent.

It isn't impossible, of course. Just another reason that seems unlikely.

Another though: If RH had ever worked for the Moores, I'm sure when RH was arrested, Steve or someone else would have seen the news. That was all over the news up here, as it was elsewhere. I'm sure you wouldn't forget a guy like RH, if you had ever known him.

Yes, I found that too. But where is she NOW?
As I stated, see two sisters on Ancestry, but who and where are they???
Are you looking at docs or private people in a family tree?

It doesn't seem like the one who was married in Vergennes spent any/much time there. My guess is one or both of the couple were students or recent grads. Middlebury College is nearby, for example.

Yep, his mother's Dolores Heuermann, her maiden name actually can be confirmed online, although it's a little hard to find, and she had a couple of brothers and a sister, I believe. It can get pretty confusing because there are Theodores on that side of the family, too. There's a lot out there for RH that circulates that can't really be confirmed. There are lists of addresses, for example, that I've seen, like prior addresses, and I've never once seen many of those addresses confirmed anywhere in MSM, not even in like the fringes of MSM. I've heard the thing about the sisters. Not saying it's impossible, but a lot of times I've seen that when RH references "sister," he means "sister-in-law" because Asa, his now 2nd ex-wife, has at least one sister, which is verified in MSM, although also pretty hard to find. I'm no expert, lol, and could definitely be wrong, but right now, the only sibling I'm positive he has is Craig (and I do frequently look).

One thing of interest is that RH has a lot of potential family connections in multiple locations through aunts and uncles on both sides, I found verified "connections" on each side, so he does mix with the family. I'm not sure how many of those members he's contacted, but I know at least some. And he's quite the traveler. States I've seen mentioned in association with Heuermann (& wife): Nevada, New Jersey, Maryland, Alaska, Florida, Virginia, South Carolina. And those are only the ones where there's a known record. And he's been to Iceland. He's a hunter, had a duck boat. I find RH terrifying, and wonder when exactly he started killing (if in fact he is guilty, and I think he is, MOO) I have a hunch it might have been when he was very young, and I mean very young, but jmo.
thanks for the added info.
Much is pretty clear in Ancestry, actually. His grandfather, William had lots of kids. I have been able to track many.
I can go back, too, to the orginal couple who came mover from Germany.

I just wish I could track the two sisters. I might try to get to the person that put his family tree up on Ancestry in the first place.

Well, okay, NYTimes says he has "four siblings." (Never saw that before.) CBS News has the neighbor noting RH grew up with his parents and a brother. I've seen the just one sibling before on multiple sources. There are definitely patches of confusion and ambiguity with RH's background, and I'm sure more info will eventually come out, but NYT says four in this one article (which I'd paste but it's behind paywall). In the meantime, just noting, I "streetviewed" Claremont and Leo's Market, and I saw just what you meant about the area. I'm going to do some more of the "streetview" for other points of interest, too.
Right, good. 5 including Rex. I still only see 4 on Ancestry.
The one sister, Dolores Mary, even had that same First St address when she got married in 1970.
That house has seen a lot of life.
So she was born in 1951,
A good chunk older than ol Rex.
well, Ill try to keep digging.

Are you looking at docs or private people in a family tree?

It doesn't seem like the one who was married in Vergennes spent any/much time there. My guess is one or both of the couple were students or recent grads. Middlebury College is nearby, for example.
oh I know.....
just grabbing at anything!! tee hee

In the meantime, just noting, I "streetviewed" Claremont and Leo's Market, and I saw just what you meant about the area. I'm going to do some more of the "streetview" for other points of interest, too.

Thank you for doing this!

There is natural beauty in the area, but I think it is helpful to get a feel for the layout and what it is like now. I'm sure there are videos on YouTube also. I looked for some for a few minutes of people using the Sugar Rive trail, but couldn't find a good one that was start to finish. Lots of chopped up stuff. If/when I do, I will post.

I was thinking more about Jane's case.....what IF her attacker truly was some deranged person, perhaps under the influence of drugs or something, who really DID think in that moment that Jane had done something to his girlfriend?

There is a similarity between what happened with Jane and with Fried telling her sister a guy had been driving past Leo's Market in a car. At least on the absolute most basic level that a guy and a vehicle were likely involved with both, and a convenience store setting is involved in both.

Aside from this, Jane was grabbing a soda after the Cheshire Fair. The fair was a big deal back in the 1980s, seems less so now, but it would have attracted people from border towns in Vermont and Massachusetts. The Fairgrounds are not that far from Gomarlos, so it really is possible some wacko got the idea in his head she "did something" to his girlfriend, and it escalated from there. This could also explain why he stabbed her after they yelled at one another, and she yelled "Hey @sshole, what about my windshield?"

Maybe he *was* just some drugged out or drunk or simply pscyho raging beast of a person and attacked Jane out of rage and was not the "CVK" who killed the women in Claremont-Newport?

I'm sure others have wondered this too, and no disrespect meant to her in ANY way by asking. I think she is very brave and amazing for everything she does.

Geographically, her location is a bit of an outlier. I did explain how people in this area will think nothing of driving to Keene for work or other things, but unless they lived in Keene, I'm a little curious why Gomarlos? Unless as snoop suggested the killer preselected and stalked victims and was waiting to get Jane alone someplace isolated?

I was thinking more about Jane's case.....what IF her attacker truly was some deranged person, perhaps under the influence of drugs or something, who really DID think in that moment that Jane had done something to his girlfriend?

There is a similarity between what happened with Jane and with Fried telling her sister a guy had been driving past Leo's Market in a car. At least on the absolute most basic level that a guy and a vehicle were likely involved with both, and a convenience store setting is involved in both.

Aside from this, Jane was grabbing a soda after the Cheshire Fair. The fair was a big deal back in the 1980s, seems less so now, but it would have attracted people from border towns in Vermont and Massachusetts. The Fairgrounds are not that far from Gomarlos, so it really is possible some wacko got the idea in his head she "did something" to his girlfriend, and it escalated from there. This could also explain why he stabbed her after they yelled at one another, and she yelled "Hey @sshole, what about my windshield?"

Maybe he *was* just some drugged out or drunk or simply pscyho raging beast of a person and attacked Jane out of rage and was not the "CVK" who killed the women in Claremont-Newport?

I'm sure others have wondered this too, and no disrespect meant to her in ANY way by asking. I think she is very brave and amazing for everything she does.

Geographically, her location is a bit of an outlier. I did explain how people in this area will think nothing of driving to Keene for work or other things, but unless they lived in Keene, I'm a little curious why Gomarlos? Unless as snoop suggested the killer preselected and stalked victims and was waiting to get Jane alone someplace isolated?
Hadn't even thought of this before & it sounds entirely plausible.

But by asking her all those wack questions, he got her to sort of let her guard down (she's noted this in interviews), so it could be a ruse. If it's a ruse, he's crafty like an SK.

If he was that impaired by drugs/booze, would he still be able to drive? Not sure on this, maybe? I'd wonder if he's that crazed on the drugs/booze if he didn't get pulled later. But I mean-- maybe he did? LE had to respond and process the victim's information/situation, and that would take some time. But if he got pulled for DUI, he'd be taken into custody, and my guess is if that had happened, that would have been the end of him. Hmmm...

Last edited:
Hadn't even thought of this before & it sounds entirely plausible.

But by asking her all those wack questions, he got her to sort of let her guard down (she's noted this in interviews), so it could be a ruse. If it's a ruse, he's crafty like an SK.

If he was that impaired by drugs/booze, would he still be able to drive? Not sure on this, maybe? I'd wonder if he's that crazed on the drugs/booze if he didn't get pulled later. But I mean-- maybe he did? LE had to respond and process the victim's information/situation, and that would take some time. But if he got pulled for DUI, he'd be taken into custody, and my guess is if that had happened, that would have been the end of him. Hmmm...
All good points.

Anecdotally, but people drove around out there drunk and impaired all the time. Sadly, people DO drive around this general area impaired regularly now. There was a recent fatal accident locally where the driver was high on fentanyl, and who knows what. They exposed an EMT to it, who ended up in the ICU. I've participated in many other threads where I have explained the culture of drinking and driving in small towns--kids dying in car crashes and so on. It is pretty well normalized, and many, many people take risks and get away with them. So, yes, I think some people can probably be pretty messed up and still drive well enough to get from point a to point b.

There is a "main road" sort of leading out of Keene and down to Massachusetts that passes by the store, but also numerous back ways and small connecting cross streets. I have no idea which way Jane may have gone from the fair grounds but can show you on a map. The "best option" hilighted is the main road, which would see the most traffic, and possibility of encountering LE when you are in the Keene section, IMO/IME:

Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 8.26.19 AM.png

Also? When you cross into Massachusetts this way, it is VERY rural there too. It is lots of small houses, woods, no fan fare. You could still be in rural New Hampshire. It isn't like BOOM, you are in Boston, or some other major metro. Plenty of places to disappear.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back