Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a white collar serial killer. He has a white collar job and education and is worth a few bucks, regardless of the eccentric puzzling lifestyle. I mean something is so wrong here..how is Asa able to live like this? is the condition of the house her doing or his? somehow they can all be horder's together? ..I can see how the house is too small for 4 adults..but everybody is deeply ingrained into the house and it just percolates for years and everyone just gives up on the overwhelming task of trying to make it work as a home. I do see sometime work as I said and maybe they had packed up some rooms in order to remodel, hence the mess...but from what we have heard from people who visited, the house was disheveled and unclean going back awhile. I cannot believe the next level amount of stuff they pulled out of the house..omigod...what are they looking for??????? it's driving me crazy...mOO

The basement of Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect Rex Heuermann's Long Island home was the area investigators zoned in on during their six-day raid.

Heuermann is currently in jail after being charged with the murders of four sex workers - Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman, Amber Costello, and Maureen Brainard-Barnes, also known as 'The Gilgo Four.'

Attorney Robert Macedonio told DailyMail.com: 'It appears the primary focus was in the basement, and any evidence they were looking to retrieve was there.'

The rest of the house seemed intact, compared to last summer when investigators swooped in during the initial raid leaving the home in shambles.

'It appeared everything was put back. I think this time they took great detail not to create the firestorm that was created last time. It is wholeheartedly appreciated by me and the family,' Macedonio said.

People do keep things for sentimental reasons, eh? (scream)

The book was seized last July and at some point LE returned it to them.

IMO: It's a book that very few people would purchase no less hold on to and leave it out on your kitchen table when it's connected to an accused serial killer who just so happens to be the husband and father of the current residence.
Unless you want to scare ppl off. Like, it doesn’t invite to smalltalk and it makes ppl turn on their heels.

He's a white collar serial killer. He has a white collar job and education and is worth a few bucks, regardless of the eccentric puzzling lifestyle. I mean something is so wrong here..how is Asa able to live like this? is the condition of the house her doing or his? somehow they can all be horder's together? ..I can see how the house is too small for 4 adults..but everybody is deeply ingrained into the house and it just percolates for years and everyone just gives up on the overwhelming task of trying to make it work as a home. I do see sometime work as I said and maybe they had packed up some rooms in order to remodel, hence the mess...but from what we have heard from people who visited, the house was disheveled and unclean going back awhile. I cannot believe the next level amount of stuff they pulled out of the house..omigod...what are they looking for??????? it's driving me crazy...mOO
Again, scaring ppl off seems like one reason to go hoarderish.

Then some things that look good to me look bad to you etc. There are different styles and these ppl adhere to a more eccentric style. That said I don’t think this house serves like a narcissist relief for its inhabitants.

If his crimes were timed with his wife's travels, he may have held women against their will for a time before murdering them. I'm still holding out, I believe there's a sub basement. Maybe built as a storm bunker, complete with a hoard of endtime rations (i.e. canned goods). A cot, a primitive toilet -- like an apartment, with zero amenities, never designed for comfort and repurposed for violence. All MOO

Assuming all of RH's murders are years and decades old, he would have had plenty of time, when his family was away, to seal such a place, which would explain why it might have been missed on the earlier search.

It's also possible I've watched one too many episodes of Criminal Minds. Then again, RH has one -- a criminal mind -' so any-horrendous-thing is possible.

JMO

NYTimes: "After graduating, Mr. Heuermann spent several years doing part-time cleaning and maintenance at Jones Beach, which is several miles west of Gilgo Beach, and also frequented Tobay Beach, which lies between."
Have they interviewed lifeguards or other employees there at the time?
Busy place in the 1980s

The basement of Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect Rex Heuermann's Long Island home was the area investigators zoned in on during their six-day raid.

Heuermann is currently in jail after being charged with the murders of four sex workers - Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman, Amber Costello, and Maureen Brainard-Barnes, also known as 'The Gilgo Four.'

Attorney Robert Macedonio told DailyMail.com: 'It appears the primary focus was in the basement, and any evidence they were looking to retrieve was there.'

The rest of the house seemed intact, compared to last summer when investigators swooped in during the initial raid leaving the home in shambles.

'It appeared everything was put back. I think this time they took great detail not to create the firestorm that was created last time. It is wholeheartedly appreciated by me and the family,' Macedonio said.
From that article, it appears that Macedonio has softened his aggressive approach to LE doing their job, unlike the first time around when he was so critical of everything they did. MOO.

Nobody will want it for the house but I think the property would be easy to sell and likely worth a fortune in today's market. Can the city confiscate it if he's found guilty? How does that work? I feel sorry for the neighbors with that home looming over their heads like a dark cloud, and having to deal with all the police presence is upsetting in communities. MOO.
I dont think i agree- long island has limited space and massapequa is not far from the city so it is prime real estate for commuters. The Amityville house has been bought and sold along with other houses of horrors on the island so i am not sure it will be a hard sell.

I definitely couldnt sleep eat or live there

I think the attorney(s) got volunteers to help with some of the handyman work. Also, there was a fundraising event and now the documentary money. It doesn’t appear that the funds were used for necessary upgrades to the home.
The new search discoveries will be interesting.

I dont think i agree- long island has limited space and massapequa is not far from the city so it is prime real estate for commuters. The Amityville house has been bought and sold along with other houses of horrors on the island so i am not sure it will be a hard sell.

I definitely couldnt sleep eat or live there
So you think someone wouldn't mind buying the property to live in the house? I'm thinking they'd want the property to tear down the house and re-build. MOO.

So you think someone wouldn't mind buying the property to live in the house? I'm thinking they'd want the property to tear down the house and re-build. MOO.
I mean, the house is not in great condition so it would definitely be rebuilt anyway- few houses in the area haven't been redone so that would be a given, but the location is certainly desirable so i think it would sell. Imo

I mean, the house is not in great condition so it would definitely be rebuilt anyway- few houses in the area haven't been redone so that would be a given, but the location is certainly desirable so i think it would sell. Imo
The outside of that home looks like a teardown, totally agreed on this. But the inside of that house as depicted in that Christmas image posted earlier actually looks good, with the beautiful beams. It looks like a classic midcentury modern. The history of this home, though-- it's so horrifying I can't imagine who'd want to live in it as is. More than anything, RH makes that home a teardown project, jmo. Asa now has cashflow, why she isn't running out of there, and why that house isn't already on the market, is baffling to me. But eventually, I'm guessing that house will be a teardown. The neighbors are probably hoping nobody will purchase it, preserve it, and convert it into some kind of ghoulish tourist attraction, but I would think zoning restrictions and such will make that a challenge.

LE was at that home removing so much on the last search that I don't know what could be possibly left inside. It almost felt like they were emptying it of its contents.

Katie Beers style bunker with hidden basement entrance.
Never heard of this horrific case.. rbbm
''Espositio then took her to his house where he kept her in a dungeon he had specifically built for her that was buried under his garage and hidden by a 200lbs. slab of concrete.
Linoleum flooring and carpeting covered the trapdoor, which was tucked away in a closet whose entrance was obscured by a bookcase.

Katie was trapped there in almost complete darkness for close to three weeks, while her captor sexual abused her and police were just feet away, having set up a command post on Esposito's lawn but unable to hear the girl's screams because she was buried away below the ground.''

What did LE find or learn to justify a search of that scope??? That last search was incredible, it was like moving day for the ultimate hoarder. What in heaven's name could LE use to justify it? I've been hearing YouTubers mulling over this and they're perplexed. Me too, honestly. There was nothing "focused" about this search. This wasn't like, oh, yea, we want "xyz." This was like, yeah, we need... pretty much everything in the house, maybe. (??) @Megnut and @FromGermany1 were saying early on about the vault/hidden area. Right on, I think, that would probably explain taking quite a lot in terms of items & materials from that house. Even that, though, I don't think would explain all of LE's activities, they're up in the attic, chips and rope from the porch. But if LE finds an actual dungeon or hidden room, maybe they could broaden the scope to that extent, I don't know. Truck after truck moving away from that house loaded with boxes. Bags of clothes, planks of wood, large rectangular objects (guessing furniture).Let me tell you, I'm now grateful to the people on here that mentioned a dungeon because that's one of the few things I could think of that "might" make what I saw going on there make sense. Macedonio did say LE focused a lot on the basement. That is lining up for the people that targeted vault/hidden area/dungeon idea. Other ideas. Could they have been looking for trophies, or even some specific and very important item like some key, and used that to justify such a broad search, I wonder? Like maybe they were looking for keys to the lockbox, or keys to goodness knows what? I would think that's at least possible. If they had some "needle in the haystack" approach for some critically important item, that search might make sense, too. And there's been no search since RH was charged with Maureen's murder. Did LE maybe use that fact to get approved for a broad-based search? That search was absolutely massive.

Last edited:
What did LE find or learn to justify a search of that scope??? That last search was incredible, it was like moving day for the ultimate hoarder. What in heaven's name could LE use to justify it? I've been hearing YouTubers mulling over this and they're perplexed. Me too, honestly. There was nothing "focused" about this search. This wasn't like, oh, yea, we want "xyz." This was like, yeah, we need... pretty much everything in the house, maybe. (??) @Megnut and @FromGermany1 were saying early on about the vault/hidden area. Right on, I think, that would probably explain taking quite a lot in terms of items & materials from that house. Even that, though, I don't think would explain all of LE's activities, they're up in the attic, chips and rope from the porch. But if LE finds an actual dungeon or hidden room, maybe they could broaden the scope to that extent, I don't know. Truck after truck moving away from that house loaded with boxes. Bags of clothes, planks of wood, large rectangular objects (guessing furniture).Let me tell you, I'm now grateful to the people on here that mentioned a dungeon because that's one of the few things I could think of that "might" make what I saw going on there make sense. Macedonio did say LE focused a lot on the basement. That is lining up for the people that targeted vault/hidden area/dungeon idea. Other ideas. Could they have been looking for trophies, or even some specific and very important item like some key, and used that to justify such a broad search, I wonder? Like maybe they were looking for keys to the lockbox, or keys to goodness knows what? I would think that's at least possible. If they had some "needle in the haystack" approach for some critically important item, that search might make sense, too. And there's been no search since RH was charged with Maureen's murder. Did LE maybe use that fact to get approved for a broad-based search? That search was absolutely massive.
If there are new witnesses with credible accounts, that can be verified, it seems that additional directed searches are justified.

If Karen Vergata was there in 1996 how can you verify that other than with witness accounts? Well, you have to figure out which areas could still contain her DNA. That wood chips or paint would be in the bag containing her legs seems less likely to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB