Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the girls were left was just so different - the body positioning was so strange and precise for AC, the posing was obviously deeply important to the perpetrator, and the timeframe was completely different. There were years between some of the GB4, and all the AC victims were killed over five weeks.

I don't see a connection, personally.

MOO

Here's a thought what if he was experimenting and changed over the course of the years? It would also throw off LE/FBI if it changed drastically. Just a thought.

There are times when a lawyer is better off to just shut-up.
This was one of them.
I also read that the book had been seized and was returned by LE and it was on the kitchen table in the house.

'In a statement to DailyMail.com, Vess Mitev, the lawyer representing Victoria Heuermann, 26 and Christopher Sheridan, 33, said neither he nor his clients had 'knowledge' of such a book.

He then offered a potential defense of them.

'It's not against the law to have books!' he said. '

No knowledge of such a graphic book but on their kitchen counter?
OK, right,? Sure, Jan.

If it was in storage, I would understand. Unless they just found it and the family doesn't understand why Rex owned it?

I'm still confused about LE questioning Asa.
CNN Video of Laura Coats questioning Bob Macedonio while the original search/seize was taking place in July 2023.
Except when LE arrived at her home the same time Rex was being arrested in NYC she hadn't been questioned/interrogated by LE.
Has she since?

video:

It appears to me that LE had several voluntary conversations with Asa, including the day of Rex's arrest when she voluntarily gave a cheek swab.

LE can't detain a person without a justification, or make them speak. The justification cannot be, "I just know they know something." It's not like a legal proceeding where someone might be compelled to testify to facts and observations insofar as the testimony is not self-incriminating. For that reason, if a person says nothing of substance and chooses not to answer any questions, they are considered to be fully cooperating.

LE obviously wants any information possible. Being that they have little power to punish a person for not talking, the next best thing is to be as friendly as possible, and politely acknowledge "full cooperation" even if can amount to basically no help at all.

The vibe I get is Asa and her kids were pressured immediately to be that kind of cooperative-the basically no help at all kind. Obviously, they are witnesses to something's. For instance, that hotel bill issue that appeared ambiguous. Asa though her attorney only hostily argued that no hotel managers should be giving information. This is clearly the opposite of getting as much information to investigators as possible.

Who sent these attorneys to Asa?

MOO

There's one thing that would certainly give credence to John Ray's witness and her claim that it was Karen Vegata that was with them in the Heuermann residence.

She said that her boyfriend who was a NYC drug detective picked up a woman who was just released from jail/prison, she was homeless.
There's nothing unusual that a cop would know when a prisoner was being released and we also don't know what kind of relationship, if any, he could have had with her, the woman who supposedly was Karen.
Could she have been a drug informer, could he have arrested her for prostitution/drugs, the possibilities are endless but it looks like they were on good terms.

I've looked and never found the date when Karen was released from jail before she was last seen or reported missing but if it lines up with around the "Valentine Day" holiday and year that Ray's witness said it was when they took Karen to Rexs then another Pandora's Box was opened for LE.

We also don't know anything about when LE visited the NYC detective ex-boyfriend and what came of that.

I like your acute thinking and possibilities, thank you.
Yes, I can even see him first bringing the young women to his home just to save money too.
Maybe so. Looking at his house, it looks like he was looking at every way imaginable to cut corners.

I tend to think he wouldn't cut corners, though, if it in any way risked detection. But maybe he was that careless. I mean, calling the victims' friends and families doesn't seem wise (although it doesn't really cost anything). And I mean-- the belt?? That's like a "signature" moment. It's actually kind of reckless. Did he enjoy risk?

No knowledge of such a graphic book but on their kitchen counter?
OK, right,? Sure, Jan.

If it was in storage, I would understand. Unless they just found it and the family doesn't understand why Rex owned it?
People do keep things for sentimental reasons, eh? (scream)

The book was seized last July and at some point LE returned it to them.

IMO: It's a book that very few people would purchase no less hold on to and leave it out on your kitchen table when it's connected to an accused serial killer who just so happens to be the husband and father of the current residence.

Maybe so. Looking at his house, it looks like he was looking at every way imaginable to cut corners.

I tend to think he wouldn't cut corners, though, if it in any way risked detection. But maybe he was that careless. I mean, calling the victims' friends and families doesn't seem wise (although it doesn't really cost anything). And I mean-- the belt?? That's like a "signature" moment. It's actually kind of reckless. Did he enjoy risk?

I think he felt he was SUPERIOR intellect to every one else including LE/FBI/Cops, or had friends in the force and felt untouchable.
Hubris often brings a criminal down. He wasn't caught after the first time and became more brazen with each murder.
It most likely gave him a thrill to terrorize the families.
Perhaps, Rex had a friend who was a cop, they both liked sex workers, a "party" went sideways someone got "hurt" and they kept this secret together for years. Leverage/blackmail material.
Just thinking out loud.

Does RH have A/C, did they take it?
Apr 05, 2024 rbbm
''In a study published in the journal Electrophoresis, the Flinders team, led by Senior Forensic Science Lecturer Mariya Goray, investigated how air conditioning units and air filters could be used to sample the air at the scene of a crime to identify both the usual users of a room as well as any visitors.''

''Their results clearly demonstrate that human DNA can be collected on the surfaces of air-conditioner units as well as from the air. And while air samples are more likely to represent the most recent occupants of a room, particles that have settled on the surface of air conditioning units can give more information about the room's previous occupants.''

https://www.newsday.com › Long Island › Crime
''For City Urban Management of Great Neck, Heuermann was hired for a 2008 job at an eating-and-drinking establishment in the East Village. He was tasked with constructing interior partitions, hanging ceilings and installing plumbing fixtures, as well as doing mechanical HVAC ductwork. The work was disapproved.Aug 8, 2023'' rbbm.

People do keep things for sentimental reasons, eh? (scream)

The book was seized last July and at some point LE returned it to them.

IMO: It's a book that very few people would purchase no less hold on to and leave it out on your kitchen table when it's connected to an accused serial killer who just so happens to be the husband and father of the current residence.

I agree with you... I can see a college student taking Criminology, a True Crime buff like most of us, and an artist but an architect. Yeah, no.
I guess it's Rex's book, not the son or daughters.
If it's Asa's then, well...no comment.

Apr 05, 2024
''In a study published in the journal Electrophoresis, the Flinders team, led by Senior Forensic Science Lecturer Mariya Goray, investigated how air conditioning units and air filters could be used to sample the air at the scene of a crime to identify both the usual users of a room as well as any visitors.''

''Their results clearly demonstrate that human DNA can be collected on the surfaces of air-conditioner units as well as from the air. And while air samples are more likely to represent the most recent occupants of a room, particles that have settled on the surface of air conditioning units can give more information about the room's previous occupants.''

''For City Urban Management of Great Neck, Heuermann was hired for a 2008 job at an eating-and-drinking establishment in the East Village. He was tasked with constructing interior partitions, hanging ceilings and installing plumbing fixtures, as well as doing mechanical HVAC ductwork. The work was disapproved.Aug 8, 2023'' rbbm.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjnhKCgnK6GAxUKvokEHVrjCaYQFnoECA8QAw&url=https://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/rex-heuermann-gilgo-beach-business-records-grwy8r8h#:~:text=For%20City%20Urban%20Management%20of,The%20work%20was%20disapproved.&usg=AOvVaw0yDFfWViMlvyPYljq-U7JX&opi=89978449

I always wondered if this could be used to find DNA floating in the air! This is amazing!

I think he enjoyed games. An example was tracking the person down on the boat and saying "I can find you anywhere" or words to that effect.

He's smarter than the average person. He was one of millions of people in a vast city. He owned a "high brow" type business and lived a quiet, married-man-with-kids life. The odds of LE ever honing in on him were practically non-existent -- at least in the pre-gadget, pre-GPS-tracking world he grew up in.

If he had driven a more common vehicle, would he still be free?

Due to seeing the hoarding effect in the house I doubt much of anything would be noticeable to AE upon her return.
I'm curious if anyone in RH's family came forward to LE about the belt that possibly was RH's grandfathers.
When RH purchased the house from his mother his father was already deceased so it could have been left in the house among other things.
I don't know the interplay when someone's evil thrill to kill takes over covering one's tracks.
Had AEs and VH's hair not been found on the bodies would RH be sitting in jail today charged with 4 murders?

I agree with you... I can see a college student taking Criminology, a True Crime buff like most of us, and an artist but an architect. Yeah, no.
I guess it's Rex's book, not the son or daughters.
If it's Asa's then, well...no comment.
I'm right there with ya on the "no comment"

When evidence is seized by LE then returned it was useless as admissible evidence to be used against the suspect in their trial or plea deal.

On a side note maybe the artist VH used the book images for inspiration?
We have yet to know anything about the image of the battered black eyed female that was seized last July.
Who the artist was, is it an original, a print, and who did it belong to.
IMO:
Why the book was out and on the kitchen table is mind blowing and shows a total emotional disconnect from the reality of the 4 innocent women that Rex is accused of killing.

NYPICHPDPICT000014214155.jpg

Apr 05, 2024 rbbm

Wow!
The A/C--DNA is wild while being a sign of the scientific times we're in.

A beautiful entrance/ building that now has a dark stained history.
NYC's latest tourist attraction.

Screen-Shot-2023-07-14-at-2.19.41-PM-1200x786.jpg

Last edited:
John Ray has been quiet lately.
Yes, after his Jan 2024 event where his witness spoke about going to RH's house with ex boyfriend and Karen Vergata.
I found it highly questionable due to her being all over the map besides hardly being able to hear her due to crappy audio.
Then she was on Ashley Bansfield and I don't know who was worse,Bansfield as the questioner or the wittiness's answers.

Maybe that's the reason for Ray laying low or?

Maybe LE was able to use the female witness's info and/or the ex detective boyfriends?
Rodney Harrison confirmed at the presser with Ray that he/LE interviewed the woman and knew who the ex-detective was and spoke with him.

One thing we can all agree on is that something big musta took place for LE and team to return to the residence with a warrant.

Yes, after his Jan 2024 event where his witness spoke about going to RH's house with ex boyfriend and Karen Vergata.
I found it highly questionable due to her being all over the map besides hardly being able to hear her due to crappy audio.
Then she was on Ashley Bansfield and I don't know who was worse,Bansfield as the questioner or the wittiness's answers.

Maybe that's the reason for Ray laying low or?

Maybe LE was able to use the female witness's info and/or the ex detective boyfriends?
Rodney Harrison confirmed at the presser with Ray that he/LE interviewed the woman and knew who the ex-detective was and spoke with him.

One thing we can all agree on is that something big musta took place for LE and team to return to the residence with a warrant.
I didn't find the witness questionable because I think she probably would not put herself out there in front of the world like that if she didn't believe it was true. I just think Ray is old school and didn't have the current technology to host that event properly. He's been working hard all these years on these murders and I hope his work is not in vain.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member