NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(out of order. should have been posted with last group of Jesse tweets)
https://x.com/JessePierre_
Jesse Pierre
Defense brings up Palmiter call log.Dec 1st - Palmiter says he received a text message from a friend… in regards to Madalina’s attendance in school The friend is Sandy who is listed as the other emergency contact at Madalina’s school

I continue to find CP's testimony a pack of lies and am looking forward to cross examination. Wonder if DC might appear as a rebuttal witness.
I think there is some truth in it, but of course it is being presented in a way the defense hopes will put CP in a sympathetic light with the 11 men and 1 woman of the jury. I will be very surprised if DC testifies. I think the prosecutor has a lot to work with and will be able to turn it around.

2:35 p.m.
In a recording of Diana Cojocari that's shown to the court, she said her wallet with her green card, her ID went missing on Dec. 2, 2022. Palmiter said he doesn't know where it went. They had a conversation about Madalina, but Palmiter said he didn't get a sense that Madalina was missing.

2:45 p.m.
The defense showed a picture of the computer modem from Dec. 3, 2022, which Palmiter said he took because the internet was not running properly. He doesn't recall having contact with Diana or Madalina that day.

Another picture is shown of a note from Dec. 6, 2022, which Palmiter said he took a picture of it to remember the timeline of when Diana and Madalina would be back. he said there was another note that said "we've gone hiking." Palmiter said he thought Diana was hiking with Madalina which would happen all the time without him. He said Madalina loved the mountains.

(Huh? He didn't think it was strange that they were hiking in the mountains when the school was calling to ask why Madalina wasn't at school?)

This sounds like a bunch of well-rehearsed and carefully patched together BS, in my opinion. Christopher Palmiter, the one who is older, the one who is stronger, the one who has the American citizenship, the one who has the education, the job and the money- the one with all the real world power in that relationship, is just an innocent lamb who merely, sweetly, always, just did what he was told to try to ever-so-kindly appease his crazy wife and, at the same time, didn't see a thing? It seems clear that the defense lawyer has worked very hard to try to spin every little thing here.

I bet this looks much different when the prosecution gets their turn! MOO
I'm curious, did you watch his testimony video?

3 p.m.
The jury hears a recording from Dec. 5, 2022, where Diana is asking Palmiter if he called the police and told them he was worried about her. She claims a police officer approached her car, saying someone called to say they were worried about her. He denies calling the police. Diana doubles down in the recording, saying she doesn't know anyone else in the country, and asks him who else could have done it?

"Did I do anything to physically or psychologically hurt you? Diana is heard asking.

She goes on to ask if he called because he was angry with her.

"Maybe I did something wrong?" Diana asks.

She accuses him of getting angry with her easily when something happens, which he refutes in the recording, saying he's not getting angry. Diana insists she "would never do anything to hurt anyone."

I have to admit I do find it utterly fascinating that folks can watch or read all the same exact info, and come away with polar opposite impressions. Lots of cases like that out there, but this one is a good example. I'm not 100% certain Palmiter is innocent but he sure does seem convincing to me. I'm curious what the prosecution has to offer.

jmo

3:15 p.m.
Palmiter admits Diana spent a lot of time on the computer with her family, sometimes Skyping for hours. The defense attorney shows the jury a picture taken on Dec. 9, 2022, of some blue tubs. He said he took the photo so he could remember how many were there to see if some were being removed or added.

He said Tupperware and plates were in one of the bins, so he assumed they were moving out and he was trying to put it all together and was growing concerned. The defense attorney asked if he was worried about Madalina's wellbeing, and he said no, he was focused on if Diana was leaving him.

Gosh I could see this many different ways. I have met men in my life who let their significant others walk all over them. He may have been afraid she would leave him and he would be alone for the rest of his life. He let her tap into his bank account. He tolerated her paranoia. She didn't want him to have silver because how would she liquidate that? Isn't the person responsible for bringing someone to the US financially responsible for that person for 10 years regardless of the status of their relationship?

On the other hand, his I don't know anything demeanor could be his way of trying to distance himself from the missing child for a reason and to most, why would he put up with this relationship?

I don't believe a word CP says. He needs a sympathetic jury and will throw out every lie he can come up with to make him look like a good guy in this case.
Many things he claims seem odd to me. like this one:
Diana Cojocari was a stay-at-home mother and wife, according to Palmiter.

I go to work. Diana would make sure that Madalina got up and ready for school. She was trying to get Madalina to learn how to pack her own lunch," Palmiter testified. "She was 100% in charge of Madalina’s education and everything."

An 11 yr old girl was trying to learn how to pack her own lunch? Isn't that just making a sandwich and throwing a snack and a drink into the bag?
DC is out of jail. I hope she is cooperating with LE and FBI and is being given a deal to testify against CP in future case against CP for harming Madalina. Just my opinion
I am still on the fence here though, about which one of them was involved in harming her, if either was.

He seems like a liar, but if he harmed her, why hasn't DC said anything after all this time?

I go to work. Diana would make sure that Madalina got up and ready for school. She was trying to get Madalina to learn how to pack her own lunch," Palmiter testified. "She was 100% in charge of Madalina’s education and everything."

An 11 yr old girl was trying to learn how to pack her own lunch? Isn't that just making a sandwich and throwing a snack and a drink into the bag?
Depends on the parent and child. For my 9YO, it's usually as simple as leftovers, a lunchable, or a sandwich plus some snacks. Meanwhile, one of my friend's sons will only eat salads for lunch (no idea how complex they are required to be). I have another friend who is very particular about what she sends her daughter in with (organic, minimally processed, etc).

All of that aside, CP is clearly trying to show how distant he was from the day-to-day of DC and Madalina's routines. There's no other explanation for how he could possibly not have noticed the 11YO in his house was gone.

Another picture is shown of a note from Dec. 6, 2022, which Palmiter said he took a picture of it to remember the timeline of when Diana and Madalina would be back. he said there was another note that said "we've gone hiking." Palmiter said he thought Diana was hiking with Madalina which would happen all the time without him. He said Madalina loved the mountains.

(Huh? He didn't think it was strange that they were hiking in the mountains when the school was calling to ask why Madalina wasn't at school?)
Yep. I just looked it up and December 6, 2022 was a Tuesday so it should have been a school day.

Last edited:
I have to admit I do find it utterly fascinating that folks can watch or read all the same exact info, and come away with polar opposite impressions. Lots of cases like that out there, but this one is a good example. I'm not 100% certain Palmiter is innocent but he sure does seem convincing to me. I'm curious what the prosecution has to offer.

jmo
I've gone back and forth several times.

Originally I thought they must have been in this together since neither one was being forthcoming. And neither one was blaming the other.

And then I assumed Stepdad was guilty of something bad and the prosecution was using this trial to try and get to him.

But now I am wondering if maybe the prosecution is really looking at DC, and this trial is a way to get more info on her, since she avoided trial by pleading Guilty already?

3:30 p.m.
Palmiter said after getting a truancy notification from the school on Dec. 9, 2022, he looked up what truancy was the next day online. He said he started to search for both Madalina and Diana but couldn't find them. He claims he didn't see Diana again until Dec. 11, 2022, and that he didn't know Madalina was missing until he went to her school and found out she hadn't gone to school.

At this point, Palmiter recounts a conversation previous to the truancy note where he asked to see Madalina and he said Diana tried to change the subject and told him she was not his business. Then, closer to Christmas, he asked about Madalina again, and he claims Diana told him that they were not his family and that he needed to create his own family.

He addressed the truancy note with Diana, claiming she didn't seem concerned about it, even after explaining to her they could go to court over it.

He said Diana used to be a teacher in Moldova, and he suggested she homeschool her if she didn't like the schooling she was getting.

The court takes a short recess and WCNC Charlotte's Jesse Pierre spotted Diana Cojocari nearby.

(Wow! Maybe she IS going to testify!)

I've gone back and forth several times.

Originally I thought they must have been in this together since neither one was being forthcoming. And neither one was blaming the other.

And then I assumed Stepdad was guilty of something bad and the prosecution was using this trial to try and get to him.

But now I am wondering if maybe the prosecution is really looking at DC, and this trial is a way to get more info on her, since she avoided trial by pleading Guilty already?
I've followed this case from day one, and I have no idea what I originally thought. Likely that they both did something to her and he got rid of her on his trip to Lansing. It seemed the most obvious at the time, based on what we knew then. But we know LOTS more now, and to me, it looks like DC is the one who disappeared her child.

As far as the current charge is concerned IMO CP failed to alert LE about concerns that he hadn’t seen Madalina for an extended period regardless of what Diana was feeding him.

I don’t buy what he’s selling. OTOH it’s odd that he had to look up the meaning of truancy. Apart from a poor memory does he have some sort of cognitive deficit?

So freaking weird. And on top of it neither one seems overly concerned that Madalina is gone!

As far as the current charge is concerned IMO CP failed to alert LE about concerns that he hadn’t seen Madalina for an extended period regardless of what Diana was feeding him.

I don’t buy what he’s selling. OTOH it’s odd that he had to look up the meaning of truancy. Apart from a poor memory does he have some sort of cognitive deficit?

So freaking weird. And on top of it neither one seems overly concerned that Madalina is gone!
Apparently defense has rested and the prosecution is now in cross, so we'll see what they have to bring to the table.
If he's actually lying about some of this stuff, they already know it and they'll make it clear (I presume).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields
Back