NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jesse Pierre

Defense asking many questions about their day to day routines. Defense asked so it was normal for you to see Madalina and interact with Madalina? Palmiter answered, yes.

10 a.m.
While on the stand, Palmiter spoke about Diana Cojocari's role in the household. He said he believes she speaks four languages: Russian, Romanian, French and English.

He said she made many of the household decisions, such as how to go about fixing things in the house. Palmiter said arguments from her typically started when she would tell him how he should act.
He specifically referenced arguments with Diana Cojocari over spirituality, saying she would get mad at him for trying to send messages if he did something like wiggle his nose when it itched. He added she would dismiss him if he asked for explanations on her spirituality, claiming he thought she was afraid of him knowing too much. He also said Diana Cojocari believed she had past lives.

He noted that by 2022, he and Diana Cojocari were not communicating well, and Madalina would spend more time with Diana Cojocari than Palmiter. Sometimes Madalina and Diana Cojocari would take trips together, like to the mountains, Palmiter said.

(There has been no commentary for almost an hour.)

10:10 a.m.
Palmiter said Diana and Madalina Cojocari would take trips together. He specifically mentioned they would sometimes go to the mountains.

In an effort to describe everyday life in his home, Palmiter's attorney asked him about their daily routine. Palmiter said he would typically return from work around 7:30 p.m. While he said he would interact with Madalina, he acknowledged it was often close to bedtime. He said Madalina would typically eat dinner in her bedroom.

Palmiter said Diana and Madalina would typically still be asleep when he left for work around 6:30 a.m. each weekday morning.

10:15 a.m.
Palmiter said he does not recall him ever responding to messages from Bailey Middle School officials.

He described Diana Cojocari as being paranoid about Madalina's public school. Palmiter testified that Diana Cojocari thought her daughter was being watched in an effort to be trafficked. She felt the public school was indoctrinating children, Palmiter testified.

In a similar experience, Palmiter testified that in 2022 Diana Cojocari felt that Russian entities were monitoring their cell phones. Palmiter recalled to the court Diana Cojocari fearing they were being monitored by Russian President Vladimir Putin and late pop star Michael Jackson.

10:30 a.m.
Palmiter, who grew up in Michigan, testified to the court Wednesday that he and Diana Cojocari visited his family in Michigan. The purpose of the trip was to arrange a place to hide Diana and Madalina Cojocari away with his family until Diana felt things had died down with the Russian entities tracking them, he said. Palmiter said that while his family agreed to help his wife and stepdaughter, Diana Cojocari declined the arrangement and accused Palmiter's sister-in-law of recording them.

10:50 a.m.
In speaking further about their marriage, Palmiter made mention again Wednesday about silver investments he had made. He said Diana Cojocari took issue with being named a "custodial guardian" of the investments because she feared it meant someone would control her. Palmiter expressed this was a way for her to access the investment if something happened to him.

Palmiter said the arguments about the silver investment "came up quite a bit." His wife accused him of "selling my soul to the devil."
Palmiter said he worked to get his wife's name removed from the investments.

11:00 a.m.
Court is taking a break.

It gets weirder and weirder…
11:30 a.m.
Palmiter testified Wednesday he and Diana Cojocari had a big argument on Nov. 22, 2022, about a coffee mug. He explained to the court the mug had a snowflake on it and expressed Diana Cojocari felt there should not be any symbols, such as snowflakes in the home. He said the argument escalated to Diana taking the mug and other plates and bowls and smashing them in the trash can.

Palmiter said he was told the next day to replace the snowflake mug. Palmiter testified he went to Walmart to buy a new mug. He testified he also went to work that day. He testified he did not recall seeing Madalina on that day. That day, Nov 21, 2022, was the last time Madalina Cojocari was publicly seen. As previously explained in the trial, Madalina was seen getting off her school bus that afternoon.

11:20 a.m.
Court is resuming with testimony from Palmiter.

Jesse Pierre
Palmiter shared how things at home got progressively worse, especially in 2022.

Erica Lunsford
Palmiter alleges Diana would start arguments by accusing him of selling her soul to the Devil.

Palmiter says he did not see Madalina on Nov. 21st 2022 before he went to work. He claims the day before Diana Cojocari was upset and smashed cups and plates inside their home after finding a cup with a snowflake design on it.

Jesse Pierre
Palmiter recounts a big fight with Diana on November 21, 2022. Palmiter says Diana was upset about a design/symbol on a mug. The argument led to Diana smashing that mug and other plates from cabinets. Palmiter says he did not see Madalina that day or night after work

11:30 a.m.
Palmiter testified Wednesday he and Diana Cojocari had a big argument on Nov. 22, 2022, about a coffee mug. He explained to the court the mug had a snowflake on it and expressed Diana Cojocari felt there should not be any symbols, such as snowflakes in the home. He said the argument escalated to Diana taking the mug and other plates and bowls and smashing them in the trash can.

Palmiter said he was told the next day to replace the snowflake mug. Palmiter testified he went to Walmart to buy a new mug. He testified he also went to work that day. He testified he worked from his office, which is located outside Greensboro, North Carolina. He testified he did not recall seeing Madalina on that day. That day, Nov 21, 2022, was the last time Madalina Cojocari was publicly seen. As previously explained in the trial, Madalina was seen getting off her school bus that afternoon.

Observations from watching part 1 of CP's testimony on the stand yesterday:

- Defense submitted his work records from November through December (times clocked in and clocked out - 9 hour shifts from 8am until 5pm). Showing he had a confirmed alibi during the time frame Madalina went missing. 90 minute commute each way.

- CP describing his work building design (cinderblock) causes very poor reception of calls & emails. Likely his defense for not immediately responding to calls/emails from the school about Madalina while he was at work.

- Being asked why there are pics of seemingly mundane things on his phone like toothpaste, a battery, hair conditioner, etc., he explained he has a bad memory so he takes pics of things to remind himself to purchase them. Found this kind of ironic, since I do the exact same thing.

- CP describing his relationship with DC from the time they met online until the time her and MC moved to the states & they married, he comes across as respectful of her and her religious practices. Describes DC as a very good, attentive and protective mother.

- Describing DC following the teachings & prayer chants of Elizabeth Clare Prophet. Lots of video on her prayer chants available to get a better understanding of what DC was following. CP even mentions DC would find these same videos to learn and repeat the prayer chants. Later she began to include DC and Madalina in these chant sessions.

- When asked about his physical relationship with DC, he lost composure and began to cry as he said "never". I'm not a body language expert, but that sadness was real. Describes their relationship as companions, and spiritual.

- When asked about DC involving MC in her prayer chants, he loses composure again when describing how MC would repeat the chants even faster than DC. He seemed almost impressed by that.

- Loses compsure again when asked what family life was like. DC was heavily into her prayer chanting so MC asked CP to play with her - bike rides, walks, to the park, etc. Again, this looks 100% genuine.

- Describing religious rituals DC was engaging in that she learned from Elizabeth Clare Prophet: to fight against demons, take a sharp knife and cut the imaginary strings connected to the demons. DC had both CP and MC sit in a chair while she took the knife and "cut" below, above and beside them.

- DC's burning practices began to include things not even burnable such as a metal coat rack, a cat box, a stainless steel travel mug, etc. Burning things progressed in 2022.

Observation: he doesn't paint the warmest picture. Mail order bride, not even. Arranged married. Arrangement. Kept woman? Separate bedrooms, no intimacy. It's almost like the two females were relegated to or elected to be in their rooms. Only reason he knew his wife was home was sound -- her loud praying. Are we supposed to believe he didn't think M was missing, just hunkered down in her room making no noise, going nowhere, never coming up for air? He didn't notice she was gone?

Bizarro world.

JMO
I would suggest you watch the first video of him testifying yesterday. He paints a completely different picture than what you're describing, in my opinion.

After watching CP testify yesterday, and hearing how DC was heavily under the teachings of ECP, I'm more convinced than ever that he had nothing to do with Madalina going missing. No question at all that was her mother's doing. Also no question at all for me, that it was somehow connected to her religious beliefs.

It would take a bombshell for me to believe CP did anything to hurt Madalina.
And now I understand why he chose to testify and wanted a jury trial.

jmo

Jesse Pierre
Palmiter being asked about his trip to Michigan, Nov 23, 2022.He said Diana told him he had to go to Michigan to pick up some of Madalina clothes there. He said he didn’t have intentions of going at first but Diana said it was urgent

At some point before trip Palmiter asked where Madalina was … Diana told him she was sleepingHe did not find that odd… just assumed she was in her room.Then he headed to Michigan. He also noted not to have seen her after work the night before.

Jesse Pierre
Defense - Did u notice anything odd when you came home

?Palmiter - Madalina’s desk was in a different position and there was a dresser near the front door …Not so unusual bc he said Diana would often push things in front of door

12:00 p.m.
In ongoing testimony about Nov. 2022, Palmiter said Diana Cojocari was adamant about him taking an unplanned trip to Michigan. Palmiter said he was instructed to go to Michigan on Nov. 23 to get clothes for Madalina that were kept in Michigan. Before leaving for the trip, Palmiter testified he does not recall seeing Madalina.

After watching CP testify yesterday, and hearing how DC was heavily under the teachings of ECP, I'm more convinced than ever that he had nothing to do with Madalina going missing. No question at all that was her mother's doing. Also no question at all for me, that it was somehow connected to her religious beliefs.

It would take a bombshell for me to believe CP did anything to hurt Madalina.
And now I understand why he chose to testify and wanted a jury trial.

jmo
Yeah, I’m leaning that way too: IMO it sounds like DC’s strange beliefs stem from faulty thinking and we can only guess how far she was willing to go to remedy her fears. Would she even harm Madalina in order to “protect” her? I don’t know.

Still, I also believe CP at some point realized Madalina was missing and DC was acting irrationally. He should have contacted LE or even the school. Who knows what transpired during that time that could have been prevented? And that’s the point of having such a law that requires a caregiver to report a missing child in a timely manner.
MOO

Jesse Pierre
Palmiter says he was back home Saturday and rested Sunday. Still no sign of Madalina.Monday, Nov 28 - Palmiter said he worked the entire week from office bc the internet was down at home. He was gone from 6:30am to 7:30pm ish at night.

Erica Lunsford
Cell phone records are now being shown detailing text messages between Diana Cojocari and Christopher Palmiter.

Jesse Pierre
The defense shared photos of the internet cables cut.

Palmiter says he sent a message telling Diana that ATT is there Dec 1st She replies we are out of town can they come back tomorrow.

Palmiter asked by the defense who did he believe “we” to be — Palmiter said Diana and Madalina The appointment was rescheduled

The defense said he is walking through every single day from a few days before Madalina was last in school through the day she was reported missing.

Lunch break until 2pm

Yeah, I’m leaning that way too: IMO it sounds like DC’s strange beliefs stem from faulty thinking and we can only guess how far she was willing to go to remedy her fears. Would she even harm Madalina in order to “protect” her? I don’t know.

Still, I also believe CP at some point realized Madalina was missing and DC was acting irrationally. He should have contacted LE or even the school. Who knows what transpired during that time that could have been prevented? And that’s the point of having such a law that requires a caregiver to report a missing child in a timely manner.
MOO

I'm struggling to understand how he didn't realize DC was being irrational. My guess would be, her religious rituals gradually became more involved and so to us on the outside looking in, it looks MUCH different than to him, who lived with it. It's like to him it was "yeah she freaked out over a snowflake, whatever" but to us, it's a gigantic red flag for sure. People on the outside looking in (or people who look back) can almost always see the giant red flags that people IN the situation just excuse away as being this or that.

I suspect he really didn't think DC would ever do anything to hurt Madalina, so whatever DC told him, he likely just believed, because he knew her to be a good mother to her.

Jesse Pierre
The defense shared photos of the internet cables cut.

Palmiter says he sent a message telling Diana that ATT is there Dec 1st She replies we are out of town can they come back tomorrow.

Palmiter asked by the defense who did he believe “we” to be — Palmiter said Diana and Madalina The appointment was rescheduled

The defense said he is walking through every single day from a few days before Madalina was last in school through the day she was reported missing.

Lunch break until 2pm
Well, cables don't usually cut themselves so you have to wonder who did, and why.

This sounds like a bunch of well-rehearsed and carefully patched together BS, in my opinion. Christopher Palmiter, the one who is older, the one who is stronger, the one who has the American citizenship, the one who has the education, the job and the money- the one with all the real world power in that relationship, is just an innocent lamb who merely, sweetly, always, just did what he was told to try to ever-so-kindly appease his crazy wife and, at the same time, didn't see a thing? It seems clear that the defense lawyer has worked very hard to try to spin every little thing here.

I bet this looks much different when the prosecution gets their turn! MOO

Last edited:
Jesse
Trial back in session. Defense is walking us through Palmiter’s whereabouts during the time Madalina went missing.Palmiter maintains to not have known Madalina was missing until he was called into the school Dec 15 and was questioned by police.

Sandy told him to call the guidance counselor Lampkin and they are trying to reach himHe says he responded okWhen he got home he told Diana about this and the attendance — Diana told him she will take care of it

Palmiter says Diana told him Madalina was sick and in her bedroom.When asked if he ever checked on Madalina himself, he said no

12:00 p.m.
In ongoing testimony about Nov. 2022, Palmiter said Diana Cojocari was adamant about him taking an unplanned trip to Michigan. Palmiter said he was instructed to go to Michigan on Nov. 23 to get clothes for Madalina that were kept in Michigan. Before leaving for the trip, Palmiter testified he does not recall seeing Madalina. He would later testify that before he left, Diana Cojocari told him Madalina was sleeping.

12:30 p.m.
Palmiter testified he returned from Michigan on Sat., Nov. 26. Upon his return home, Palmiter testified Diana Cojocari sent him on a shopping trip that lasted several hours.

Once back inside his home, Palmiter said he noticed Madalina's desk was in a different position. He also observed a dresser near the front door. He testified the placement of the dresser was not unusually because Diana would typically push things in front of the door.

12:35 p.m.
Before taking a recess, the judge asked Palmiter's defense attorney how long he anticipated Palmiter's testimony to last. The attorney replied saying he planned to take the juror through each of Palmiter's days from the time period in 2022.

2:00 p.m.
Court is set to resume after a lunch break.

2:15 p.m.
The jurory sees pictures Palmiter took while on his travels to Michigan over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2022. The pictures were not visible to the court-authorized television camera in the courtroom and cannot be reproduced here.

2:30 p.m..
Palmiter testified he received a text message from a friend on Dec. 1, 2022. This message was in regard to Madalina's attendance.

In conversation with Diana Cojocari about the text message, Palmiter said his wife told him Madalina was sick and was in her room. He testified he did not go into her room to check on her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565
Back