MI - 13-year old girl stabs 7-year old sister to death - September 28, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does it ring true that
1] the girls never had anything but normal arguments, previously
2] there was no hint of any mental health issues, even though the 13 yr old calmly, with no emotion, explained clearly everything she had done, to LE, as if it was normal

Could it be that no one noticed there were possible anger issues and/or MH issues, or were in denial about them?
My thoughts exactly. I find it difficult to believe that this incident happened completely out of the blue. I think red flags were missed.

According to this article, there was no mental health or other history, but age is the factor in charging her as a juvenile. Allegedly, she not only used two knives but started with one and then went to get the 2nd knife to continue stabbing her sister. She told LE what she did without emotion, as if everything was normal.

Oh my. Sounds like she recounted the story without emotion as well. Unable to feel anything during nor after the attack. Is it just the way she felt about her sister or is a deeper mental issue?

(Speculation of one possibility.) Maybe having a lack of many emotions was how she typically was, and so it was thought of as just her normal personality, not necessarily something to worry about... until this day.
That’s possible, and could have been deceptively calming. I had a niece who as a teen, all family members said about her, “she’s so easy going! Nothing bothers her!” until she had a full fledged breakdown and serious suicide attempt. So it can be deceiving, yes.

I know. And I’m wondering why she had access to these; they don’t look like ordinary kitchen knives, unless I’m mistaken.
They are actually two weapons in one. It's a knuckle duster and a knife in one, otherwise known as a "trench knife".

Example from ww1. Trench knife - Wikipedia

Devastating that this happened and almost unthinkable.

Attachments

• M1918_Trench_Knife.jpg
    M1918_Trench_Knife.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 3

The 13-year-old used two different knives in the attack; first a butcher knife she grabbed from the kitchen, and when that "was not getting the job done," Digiacomo said, she went into the laundry room and grabbed her mother's self-defense knife, which was much bigger.

The teen stabbed her sister upward of 10 times, Digiacomo said, then called her step-father and 911. She did not give officers who responded to the scene any issues, allowing them to go inside where they found the 7-year-old girl unresponsive in the bathtub.

The 13-year-old used two different knives in the attack; first a butcher knife she grabbed from the kitchen, and when that "was not getting the job done," Digiacomo said, she went into the laundry room and grabbed her mother's self-defense knife, which was much bigger.

The teen stabbed her sister upward of 10 times, Digiacomo said, then called her step-father and 911. She did not give officers who responded to the scene any issues, allowing them to go inside where they found the 7-year-old girl unresponsive in the bathtub.
Really unbelievable that this could happen.

IMG_5601.jpeg

TAYLOR, Mich. (FOX 2) - A 13-year-old girl is accused of stabbing her 7-year-old sister to death inside their Taylor home on Saturday has been remanded to the Wayne County Juvenile Detention Center.

During a virtual hearing on Tuesday a referee set the girl’s bond at $10,000 personal bond but said the parents weren’t ready for her to come home.

Due to the case's circumstances, the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office thought the bond was too low and remanded the defendant to the Juvenile Detention Center.

Investigators say the girl fatally stabbed her 7-year-old sister more than 10 times when she was babysitting her.

She was allegedly mad because the younger girl left a note in the bathroom asking her family members to flush the toilet. The brutal attack happened in the bathroom.

Police say the teenager used two knives — a butcher knife and a hunting knife.

During the virtual hearing, she calmly stated she was an eighth-grader at a middle school in Taylor.

On Monday Det. Zachary DiGiacomo with the Taylor police spoke to FOX 2 about the case.

Related:

"She was not a problem in the house to the parents as well as the mother said that no problems at school - she’s never been in trouble at school either," he said.

On Tuesday when asked by the referee if she had ever been in therapy — she said "no."

A bond hearing is set for Thursday.

“They were best friends”

At the scene, police took her 13-year-old sister into custody. That stunned neighbors FOX 2 talked to – many of whom did not provide their last names.

"When my grandma told me I was horrified because they were best friends, they would always play together - they had My Little Pony toys and they would play with each other," Matthew, an acquaintance of the sisters, said.

Few details are being released at this time because of the nature of the crime but kids in the neighborhood said the little girl was often spotted biking around the area.

It is very much a mystery, the more I read:
The sisters were viewed as close.
She had no trouble in school, and had never been in trouble of any kind.
Family and neighbors were shocked.
You’d think that there would be people who saw red flags, but it’s almost as if there weren’t any….

It is very much a mystery, the more I read:
The sisters were viewed as close.
She had no trouble in school, and had never been in trouble of any kind.
Family and neighbors were shocked.
You’d think that there would be people who saw red flags, but it’s almost as if there weren’t any….
I found this part odd though:

"When my grandma told me I was horrified because they were best friends, they would always play together - they had My Little Pony toys and they would play with each other," Matthew, an acquaintance of the sisters, said.

It seems strange that a 13 yr old would 'always' play with My Little Pony Dolls with her 7 yr old sister. Maybe once in awhile, but 'always.' Didn't the older sister have friends her own age to do things with?

I found this part odd though:

It seems strange that a 13 yr old would 'always' play with My Little Pony Dolls with her 7 yr old sister. Maybe once in awhile, but 'always.' Didn't the older sister have friends her own age to do things with?
Yes, now that you mention it, it does seem kind of odd…..

In the video at the top of this one article a little boy who lived on the same street said about 13 yr old---

" she was very quiet, and all that, one of the stranger ones, kind of.....but...uh....I've never seen her like this, never thought she'd do anything like this"

ETA---they updated the video apparently---and the sentence the little boy said about her 'being one of the stranger ones' was deleted and it just starts with 'I've never seen her like this..."

In the video at the top of this one article a little boy who lived on the same street said about 13 yr old---

" she was very quiet, and all that, one of the stranger ones, kind of.....but...uh....I've never seen her like this, never thought she'd do anything like this"

ETA---they updated the video apparently---and the sentence the little boy said about her 'being one of the stranger ones' was deleted and it just starts with 'I've never seen her like this..."
Hmmmm…….

In my opinion, at 11 years old, you really don't understand the meaning or gravity of death. This is especially true when you have never had a relative or friend die-never been to a funeral, etc. She probably thought "I'll fix her"! But never imagined she wouldn't live......just my personal opinion.

In my opinion, at 11 years old, you really don't understand the meaning or gravity of death. This is especially true when you have never had a relative or friend die-never been to a funeral, etc. She probably thought "I'll fix her"! But never imagined she wouldn't live......just my personal opinion.
She is 13. I know that's only 2 years, but I think it's a big difference between an 11 yr old and a 13 yr old.

And she stabbed her with a knife several times in the bathroom, after laying in wait----then she walked into the kitchen and got a butcher knife, went back into the bathroom and finished her off.

Thirteen is plenty old enough to understand the gravity of life and death, imo. Certainly she understood the physical damage she was doing with each stab wound. I'm sure her baby sister was screaming and crying in severe pain.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch
Back