GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of four producers involved in the first two seasons. During that time, I signed an expansive nondisclosure agreement that promised a fine of $5 million and even jail time if I were to ever divulge what actually happened. It expired this year.
---
As Trump answers for another of his alleged deception schemes in New York and gears up to try to persuade Americans to elect him again, in part thanks to the myth we created, I can finally tell you what making Trump into what he is today looked like from my side. Most days were revealing. Some still haunt me, two decades later.

What to know about the jurors in the Trump hush money trial​

Juror 1 - Foreperson​

• Works in sales and has some college education
  • Originally from Ireland
  • Married with no children
  • Gets news from The New York Times, Daily Mail and sometimes Fox News and MSNBC

Juror 2​

• Investment banker with a master's degree
  • Lives with wife and doesn't have children
  • Follows Trump's TruthSocial posts and Michael Cohen on X
  • Seen quotes from Trump's book "Trump: The Art of The Deal"

Juror 3​

• Corporate lawyer
  • Originally from Oregon
  • Not married and doesn’t have children
  • Gets news from The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Google

Juror 4​

• Security engineer
  • Married with three children
  • Has a high school diploma
  • Doesn't have social media

Juror 5​

• English teacher in a public charter school system
  • Master’s degree in education
  • Young Black woman who isn’t married and doesn’t have children
  • Said she avoids political conversations
  • Wasn't aware that Trump is facing charges in other criminal cases

Juror 6​

• Software engineer at a large broadcast company
  • Recently graduated from college
  • Currently living with three roommates in Chelsea in Manhattan
  • Gets her news from The New York Times, Google, Facebook and TikTok

Juror 7​

• Civil litigator
  • Married with two children
  • Lives on the Upper East Side in Manhattan
  • Said there were likely Trump administration policies he disagreed with
  • Reads The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, New York Post and Washington Post

Juror 8​

• Retired wealth manager
  • Married with two children
  • Says he knows about Trump but is, "more interested in [his] hobbies”
  • Juror 9​

• Speech therapist with a master's degree
    • Not married and doesn't have children
    • When asked by Necheles if she’d feel pressured by others, she said, “Not at all”

Juror 10​

• Works for e-commerce company
    • Born and raised in Ohio
    • Not married and lives with another adult
    • Says he doesn't really follow the news

Juror 11​

• Works for a multinational apparel company
    • Not a native New Yorker
    • Doesn’t really follow news but occasionally follows headlines
    • Said she does not like Trump’s “persona” and “he just seems very selfish and self-serving”

Juror 12​

• Physical therapist
    • Has a doctorate degree in physical therapy
    • Married with no children
    • Reads The New York Times, USA Today and CNN

I was one of four producers involved in the first two seasons. During that time, I signed an expansive nondisclosure agreement that promised a fine of $5 million and even jail time if I were to ever divulge what actually happened. It expired this year.
---
As Trump answers for another of his alleged deception schemes in New York and gears up to try to persuade Americans to elect him again, in part thanks to the myth we created, I can finally tell you what making Trump into what he is today looked like from my side. Most days were revealing. Some still haunt me, two decades later.

Great article. Thank you.

I find the cherry picking in that article misleading. They took a snippet of a viral post and called it false. Sometimes you need to see something in its entirety for perspective. imo

Did Trump falsify the records because he was engaged in a conspiracy to win the 2016 election? That’s what the jurors will need to agree on. But they won’t have to be unanimous on the exact details of the conspiracy — the “unlawful means.”
The prosecution has proposed three possibilities to choose from: that the conspiracy involved violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act; the falsification of other business records; or the violation of local tax laws.

Here is the entire viral post.

An X post reads: “Judge Merchan has told the jury that they do NOT NEED unanimity to convict. They do not have to all agree on what occurred. 4 can agree on one crime, 4 on a different one, and the other 4 on another. He will treat 4-4-4 as a UNANIMOUS verdict.”

But these claims distort Merchan’s instructions.

The judge told the jury that to convict Trump on any given charge, they will have to find unanimously — that is, all 12 jurors must agree — that the former president created a fraudulent entry in his company’s records or caused someone else to do so, and that he did so with the intent of committing or concealing a crime.

An X post reads: “Judge Merchan has told the jury that they do NOT NEED unanimity to convict. They do not have to all agree on what occurred. 4 can agree on one crime, 4 on a different one, and the other 4 on another. He will treat 4-4-4 as a UNANIMOUS verdict.”

The judge told the jury that to convict Trump on any given charge, they will have to find unanimously — that is, all 12 jurors must agree — that the former president created a fraudulent entry in his company’s records or caused someone else to do so, and that he did so with the intent of committing or concealing a crime.

I understand the 4-4-4 and that it applies to the underlying crime/crimes needed to convict President Trump on the felony charges. JMO.

Thank you for providing the full statement. I knew there had to be more to it.

I don’t think that is a false statement but i can see where some may have misunderstood.
It’s not disputed that you don’t have to unnaminously convict on one crime. It could be any one, but that have to choose at least one. Breakdown could be anything - 4-4-4 or 11-0-1 and anything in between.

IANAL but from what I've casually seen there are numerous legal problems with this case: several important witnesses not being called (Weisselberg, Schiller), limiting what one witness (Smith) could say about Federal election laws, the oral jury instructions, the jury not being provided written instructions, and indecisions on defense motions. If there is a conviction, I expect a speedy appeal all the way to the SCOTUS. It only takes 4 justices to take the case on an emergency?
There was an attorney on MSNBC yesterday who voiced a concern as to whether this case would stand up on appeal-- he basic premise was stretching this case to a felony may have some problems on appeal. This attorney was being objective in his assessment as he is not an attorney that is a Trump advocate.

Judge warns against any outbursts​

Kayla Epstein
Reporting from court

Donald Trump looks calm but less jovial as he sits in his chair at the defence table.
He's whispering with his attorney Emil Bove.

"Let there be no outbursts of any kind," Justice Merchan says.

We are now waiting. It will take about 30 minutes to fill out forms, we are told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member