GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey folks,

We don't much care about whose 'side' you're on here.

If you can't post with utmost respect to other members, you don't belong in discussion at Websleuths.

If the rudeness, bickering and snark continues, there will be permanent thread bans or worse.

MOD NOTE:

If you wish to keep the thread open and/or keep your ability to participate in the thread, stay on topic. The topic is DJT's hush money trial.

We expect our members to treat all of our other members with respect. Please check your posts before you hit "post reply," and hit the backspace if you need to.

Thanks,
Knitty

Websleuths members have the use of the emoji feature (to react to member posts) but some of you are occasionally using the HaHa one to ridicule or mock other members rather than using it as a way to share a chuckle. This is NOT respectful.

The Xenforo software doesn't have a means for us to remove individual emojis but we can remove the entire emoji selection from an individual user.

Members who continue to use the emojis improperly risk having the privilege to use that feature removed.

Last edited:
I don't have the time to see if this was already posted.
Todd Blanche sit down with CNN tonight.
An interesting network choice whether he did the other circuit or not.
IMO:
He's still playing to an audience of one,the victim.

He's still a proven liar who's testimony is not believable to me. JMO.
Respectfully, that doesn't matter. No one ever said Cohen wasn't a proven liar nor was his testimony ever trusted for anything.

(1) Cohen's lies and crimes were at the request of and for the benefit of his super liar boss, Trump. (2) Nothing he said was taken on his word. It was all corroborated with other evidence. (3) Cohen has nothing to gain by lying at this point and a lot to lose (back to prison he would go).

See the jury instructions, below.

• They cannot convict Trump on Michael Cohen's testimony alone because he's an accomplice, but they can use his evidence if corroborated with other evidence;

The trial was a complete travesty and a lame attempt by the party in power to interfere with the upcoming election.
<modsnip> Please provide evidence that the jury, approved by both sides, who actually reviewed all the evidence and applied our laws to it, and found Trump guilty, carried out a "complete travesty" were from the "party in power" and etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Respectfully, that doesn't matter. No one ever said Cohen wasn't a proven liar nor was his testimony ever trusted for anything.

(1) Cohen's lies and crimes were at the request of and for the benefit of his super liar boss, Trump. (2) Nothing he said was taken on his word. It was all corroborated with other evidence. (3) Cohen has nothing to gain by lying at this point and a lot to lose (back to prison he would go).

See the jury instructions, below.

• They cannot convict Trump on Michael Cohen's testimony alone because he's an accomplice, but they can use his evidence if corroborated with other evidence;

I missed the corroboration that showed President Trump broke any laws. JMO.

I missed the corroboration that showed President Trump broke any laws. JMO.
Excuse me? I do not understand your post.

But it is clear that the jury of twelve, agreed on by both sides, who actually closely reviewed all the evidence presented by both sides, applied our laws to it and found Trump guilty on all 34 counts, clearly showing that Felon Trump broke many laws.

That is not an opinion, it is a fact. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO:
This profile of Blanche was in a recent issue of New York magazine and (as someone who couldn’t understand why any right-minded lawyer would willingly take up Trump’s defense in this case AND suspected only rubes and hacks would have Trump as a client) found it presented Blanche in a complex and relatively sympathetic light.

IMO:

Actually he appeared on other networks as well, and wasn't communicating to an audience of one, but to the many thousands of Trump's supporters who were pleased to hear from him so soon after the verdict was issued. He answered questions about appeal, next steps, etc.

From the instructions to the jury, below. It doesn't matter. (1) Cohen's lies and crimes were at the request of and for the benefit of Trump. (2) Nothing he said was taken on his word. It was all corroborated with other evidence.

I really am baffled at those who think the jury convicted on Michael Cohen's word alone.

First, as you point out, they were forbidden from doing that by the jury instructions. I've been on two juries and we took the instructions very seriously. So I find it disrespectful to the jury to imply that they ignored these instructions and based their decision solely on Cohen's testimony.

Second, there was a lot of documentation and testimony to corroborate his testimony.

He's still a proven liar who's testimony is not believable to me. JMO.

I thought that was Cohen.

Defense Attorney Blanche attacked Cohen’s credibility, labeling him the “Gloat” or “greatest liar of all time.” He noted Cohen’s history of lying to Congress, federal judges, and the US justice department during this trial, making his testimony unreliable.

2 Cents

Defense Attorney Blanche attacked Cohen’s credibility, labeling him the “Gloat” or “greatest liar of all time.” He noted Cohen’s history of lying to Congress, federal judges, and the US justice department during this trial, making his testimony unreliable.

2 Cents
That is correct. JMO.

2 Cents
Respectfully, that was just addressed, in post #9 above, for example, as well as by others. Cohen's testimony was not accepted without corroborating evidence. Etcetera.

Respectfully, that was just addressed, in post #9 above, for example, as well as by others. Cohen's testimony was not accepted without corroborating evidence. Etcetera.

I thought the OP wa referring to someone else as the proven liar so I pointed out it is Cohen. Kinda weird witness if jury was told that....2 Cents

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back