IN IN - Brandon Perry, 35, truck & trailer found in diff places, Indianapolis, 26 May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score

Brandon Perry is described as 5’10” and 220 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen on Sunday, May 26 in the 9500 block of Vandergriff Road.

IMPD says he left in his truck, which was pulling a trailer with his tools. The trailer was found on Monday, May 27 in the 7200 block of East Thompson Road. His truck was found in the 5100 block of South Emerson Avenue on Wednesday morning.

Sun, May 26
Police said 35-year-old Brandon Perry was last seen Sunday in the 9500 block of Vandergriff Road, near Interstate 74 and South Post Road, on the southeast side.

Mon, May 27
Perry's trailer was found in the 7200 block of East Thompson Road, which is approximately 3 miles southwest of where he was last seen.

Wed, May 29
police found his truck in the 5100 block of South Emerson Avenue, which is approximately 5 miles southwest from where he was last seen.

This mapquest map shows the location of where the trailer was found "B" and where the truck was found "A". It looks like a straight line, then a small dogleg off Thompson to where the truck was left. I wonder if he was having vehicle problems. left the trailer and continued on, then had to turn off the main road due to continued vehicle problems, then continued on foot? If one was going to steal the vehicle, I don't' think they'd leave it so close to the road it was traveling down when the trailer was left. https://www.mapquest.com/directions...39-9662/7200-e-thompson-rd-39.69561,-86.04097

Here is the Indiana LE missing persons roster - his middle name is Eugene. https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Indiana_Missing_Person_Bulletin.pdf

This mapquest map shows the location of where the trailer was found "B" and where the truck was found "A". It looks like a straight line, then a small dogleg off Thompson to where the truck was left. I wonder if he was having vehicle problems. left the trailer and continued on, then had to turn off the main road due to continued vehicle problems, then continued on foot? If one was going to steal the vehicle, I don't' think they'd leave it so close to the road it was traveling down when the trailer was left. https://www.mapquest.com/directions...39-9662/7200-e-thompson-rd-39.69561,-86.04097

Here is the Indiana LE missing persons roster - his middle name is Eugene. https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Indiana_Missing_Person_Bulletin.pdf
All cameras along the route of “A” and “B” should be thoroughly checked, including door to door asking folks if they can check their cameras (if they have them). Not saying the missing person will be seen on the footage (if any) but quite possibly the individual/s involved in his disappearance.

I often wonder why walking on foot is safer than staying in their vehicles and putting on the hazards lights, or even a tshirt on the antenna, to indicate assistance needed.
I figured he would have a radio or cell phone? Many times when truck drivers walk away they are found rather closer to their vehicles.

Truck jackings are common when you’re not prepared or you least expect it.

It seems to me that if he were going to just leave he would’ve left the truck and trailer together and just walked away, but the reason that they’re separated is suspicious to me.

It’s the same logic as someone that’s suicidal, when someone commits suicide they don’t worry about doing certain things because of what they’re going to do. Let’s say for example someone is suicidal are they going to pay all of their bills before they end their life? No, they’re just going to end their life regardless.

Therefore the separation of the truck and trailer is suspicious to me.

I often wonder why walking on foot is safer than staying in their vehicles and putting on the hazards lights, or even a tshirt on the antenna, to indicate assistance needed.
I figured he would have a radio or cell phone? Many times when truck drivers walk away they are found rather closer to their vehicles.
From reading the initial report in this thread, it sounds to me like this wasn't a large commercial truck (such as a semi truck/trailer) but more of a personal or small work truck towing a trailer. I wish they had more information as to the type of vehicle. Here is his FB page. It does show photos of him with a truck for a business, NOT a semi but a nice passenger truck. Log into Facebook

From reading the initial report in this thread, it sounds to me like this wasn't a large commercial truck (such as a semi truck/trailer) but more of a personal or small work truck towing a trailer. I wish they had more information as to the type of vehicle. Here is his FB page. It does show photos of him with a truck for a business, NOT a semi but a nice passenger truck. Log into Facebook
That is also what I gathered, however I read it had tools in it. Did the tools belong to his boss or were they his tools? Nobody is going to just disappear with expensive tools left behind out in the open.

Was the trailer locked? Was it emptied out of its contents? Because it still sounds to me like the M.O. of a certain group. I surmise that the perpetrator lives along the route of “A” and “B” because most crimes are committed close to home.

To park the truck in a straight line some distance away would mean that the individual doing so would lack the ability to travel back to the trailer to take the goods within if they had traveled say a couple hundred miles away and dumped the truck.

Was the truck parked in a secluded spot, if so then that means the person parking it there would have known the neighborhood which implies they live in the neighborhood between the 2 locations.

His truck was found in 5100 South Emerson, which is anything but secluded. Thompson and Emerson is a bustling intersection with a ton of big box stores, restaurants, businesses. Not an upscale area but not unsafe during the day either, in my opinion.

Truck jackings are common when you’re not prepared or you least expect it.

It seems to me that if he were going to just leave he would’ve left the truck and trailer together and just walked away, but the reason that they’re separated is suspicious to me.

It’s the same logic as someone that’s suicidal, when someone commits suicide they don’t worry about doing certain things because of what they’re going to do. Let’s say for example someone is suicidal are they going to pay all of their bills before they end their life? No, they’re just going to end their life regardless.

Therefore the separation of the truck and trailer is suspicious to me.

actually it's quite common for people to take care of business like paying bills and making plans before committing suicide

source: many threads here on WS

actually it's quite common for people to take care of business like paying bills and making plans before committing suicide

source: many threads here on WS
Typically they don’t care about those things, I grew up in a trailer park as a young boy, one day I came home from school to find out the lady next door blew her brains out.

Her daughters returned home from school and had to climb in through the back window, unfortunately that’s where she committed suicide so they had to see that.

People often give their stuff away because they won’t need it after they’re gone. I only know this because I have been suffering with depression and PTSD for many years and have attempted to take my own life in the past, and I’ll tell you the last thing I was worried about was what bill to pay next. The thoughts that lead to suicide are overwhelming, so much so that one doesn’t thing of anything else.

I am a survivor, I speak from experience although I am here to today to speak about it I devote as much of my time as possible to helping those that suffer from and with mental illness.

His truck was found in 5100 South Emerson, which is anything but secluded. Thompson and Emerson is a bustling intersection with a ton of big box stores, restaurants, businesses. Not an upscale area but not unsafe during the day either, in my opinion.
It was a question, I asked “was the truck parked in a secluded spot”. Which doesn’t mean that the individual that parked it there doesn’t know the area, it doesn’t mean they do either. But it is a good question because it begs the question why, why would they park the truck there and not just leave it with the trailer? Wouldn’t it have been much easier and less risky (being spotted) to just leave the truck with the trailer ins Yw ad of getting out of the truck and unhooking the trailer only to get into the truck and drive down the road a ways and park it?

There had to be a reason for this!

It was a question, I asked “was the truck parked in a secluded spot”. Which doesn’t mean that the individual that parked it there doesn’t know the area, it doesn’t mean they do either. But it is a good question because it begs the question why, why would they park the truck there and not just leave it with the trailer? Wouldn’t it have been much easier and less risky (being spotted) to just leave the truck with the trailer ins Yw ad of getting out of the truck and unhooking the trailer only to get into the truck and drive down the road a ways and park it?

There had to be a reason for this!
Not sure why there. It is a main intersection just south of I-465, so perhaps there is some connection to leaving the car there and catching a ride to get on the interstate to skedaddle out of the area?

Typically they don’t care about those things, I grew up in a trailer park as a young boy, one day I came home from school to find out the lady next door blew her brains out.

Her daughters returned home from school and had to climb in through the back window, unfortunately that’s where she committed suicide so they had to see that.

People often give their stuff away because they won’t need it after they’re gone. I only know this because I have been suffering with depression and PTSD for many years and have attempted to take my own life in the past, and I’ll tell you the last thing I was worried about was what bill to pay next. The thoughts that lead to suicide are overwhelming, so much so that one doesn’t thing of anything else.

I am a survivor, I speak from experience although I am here to today to speak about it I devote as much of my time as possible to helping those that suffer from and with mental illness.

I suppose neither one of us can make a generalization
cause I have actually seen the exact opposite in cases and in my personal life
so I think both can be true

RSBM
RBBM

KhaosDisciple.... Hugs to you and thank you for sharing your insight. I'm impressed and thankful that you are able to devote time and experience to others in need.
Take care of yourself, we need you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back