NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am surprised that most posters seem to have already made up their minds that Palmiter is not guilty when the evidence is clear that he failed to report his missing child. MOO
To me, the evidence is clear that he foolishly trusted his lying wife, and didn't know Madalina was missing, and as a result, didn't have a reason to report her missing.

jmo

Emma Mondo
The state said he was indifferent to the wellbeing of his daughter because he was scared of his wife

The state referred to the initial statement Palmiter made to the cops with four different ideas of what he thought happened to Madalina, the last being she could have been kidnapped, that makes him guilty.

12 p.m.
In the state's closing argument, the state prosecutor argued all that is required is that Palmiter did not know Madalina's location.

12:15 p.m.
The state shares clips with the jury showing Palmiter speaking with police. In the video, he says he didn't notice anything immediately when he came back from a trip to Michigan, and just thought Madalina was in her room.

Police asked in the clip if there were any statements about hiding Madalina, and Palmiter said he asked Diana Cojocari where Madalina was, but said he never got a straight answer.

The state prosecutor argued Palmiter told police he didn't realize Madalina was gone until a week after he came back. Palmiter also didn't respond when the school was reaching out about Madalina's location, the state says, and searched Google for "truancy court" on Dec. 10.

Last edited:
Do you all think CP is guilty or not guilty of failure to report a missing child?

I think he is guilty.
I also think he is guilty of that charge.

It occurs to me that if those of us on this thread were on the jury, there would be a hung jury.

Of course, we would never be chosen for the jury because we all know too much about the case.

Since no one on this jury had followed the case, it will be interesting to see their interpretation.

I also think he is guilty of that charge.

It occurs to me that if those of us on this thread were on the jury, there would be a hung jury.

Of course, we would never be chosen for the jury because we all know too much about the case.

Since no one on this jury had followed the case, it will be interesting to see their interpretation.
Yes, he is guilty. The charge is simply Failure to Report a Missing Child. MOO

12:22 p.m.
The state says Palmiter admitted he knew Diana was lying when she said Madalina was in the bathroom, saying he figured it out bc the lights were off. He says just because Diana Cojocari pleaded guilty does not mean Palmiter is off the hook.

12:24 p.m.
The state says Palmiter talked about not having a say and being in not in control of anything school-related for Madalina, though he spoke about a book Madalina had calling it violent and he had concerns about what she was learning at school.

The state brings up how much Palmiter says Madalina jumped on the bed so much it drove him crazy, but then he comes back from Michigan and never hears her doing this same thing.

Palmiter said in his own words he never knew where Madalina was, and he never saw her when he came back from Michigan and he says he didn’t realize she was missing until a week after he came back.

12:27 p.m.
The state says thinking someone is safe is not a defense even if you don’t agree with the law. Thinking is not knowing. The law does not require that Diana tell Palmiter that Madalina is missing.

12:30 p.m.
The state says kids can’t protect themselves. 11-year-old girls can’t decide they are in danger and call the police. The law is in place for a reason.

12:31 p.m.
If the defendant was hoping, thinking or guessing about Madalina's whereabouts that is not knowing. For 23 days, let’s take two days of 21 days that is where he laid his head.

Madalina is not coming home from her last day of school, looking forward to long walks, bike rides. She is not getting off that school bus today.

It is up to you to determine if he failed to act.

The state is finished with its closing statements.

More important than any of this however, is the fact that Madalina has been missing all this time.

Regardless of CP's story, his brother's impression of DC, his college pal's impression, and the school's impression...

DC herself did in fact lead CP AND the school to believe Madalina was NOT missing, when she was.

Leaving CP the note (that he took a pic of) that "we" were here or there, in the mountains or out of town hiking or this or that (implying her and Madalina) and the call to the school with an illness excuse for Madalina on 12/2, all of that was after the last time anyone saw Madalina. DC herself covered up Madalina going missing and then mislead her husband and the school. THAT, should be the focus.

jmo

JMO...To be fair, I think the Defense put on a more powerful case than the Prosecution. It won't surprise me if Palmiter is found NG.
I'll accept jury's verdict regardless of my guilty theory.

I also respect the opinions of all the posters here who want justice served for Madalina.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back