GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CD is choosing to waive his right to present any mitigation or statement of allocution!

Wow.

So is he leaning into this whole "going like a lamb to the slaughter" martyrdom thing? Or does he really see himself above these "terrestrial" matters?
The latter IMO

Chad only answers to God and, as he considers himself to be God's earthly prophet, he sneers at the court because they don't recognise his greatness and his impunity to act however he wants to.

He's really no different to Warren Jeffs in that respect.

Victim Statement #3 - MATTHEW DOUGLAS (Tammy's brother)

His statement is incredibly touching. I love how he talked about Tylee & JJ, too, and expressed how heartbroken he was to find out about them and their deaths.

Last edited:
If only potential murderers could hear victim impact statements before they committed the act. Would it make any difference?
IMO, no. They feel no empathy for the victim, why would they feel empathy for friends and family of a victim?

I.think people are attributing a lot more emotion to CD than he actually ever feels, or has felt. He's been described as a slug, slugs do not seeth with strong emotion. IMO he is a stolid person, 'just the facts'. IMO, this is why he was bowled over by his strong sexual feelings for Lori, and also by his own imagination. He took his own imaginative creations as 'just the facts'.

Personally, I think it's possible he believes his own defence - that he fell into the clutches of this powerful woman, and she made him do it. It was Eve's fault that he ate that apple.

JMO

CD is choosing to waive his right to present any mitigation or statement of allocution!

Wow.

So is he leaning into this whole "going like a lamb to the slaughter" martyrdom thing? Or does he really see himself above these "terrestrial" matters?

He has to so Emma will continue to give him commissary money. He has years ahead of him to keep that going somehow.

Honestly, from what I've read/heard about death row vs reg prison... I think I'd rather spend what's left of my time on death row. But, my info has been very sparse and could be incorrect.

jmo
The main difference as I recall is that on death row, you have a private cell whereas in general population (GP) you have a 2-man cell with a cell mate (which can be good or bad). Plus on death row your meals are brought to your cell while in GP you eat in a mess hall with other convicts. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3