GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe that Tammy’s five children aren’t giving a statement on the impact of the murder of their mother.

Matthew Douglas brought this up, the fact that the five kids haven’t stood up for their mother the last four years. Matthew Douglas is my hero.

As for anger toward Chad, the judge gave instructions that victims couldn’t address Chad directly. I can hear the anger and pain in all their voices. I don’t think it has been lost on the jury.

Samantha: [paraphrasing] I must defend my sister. She was made out by some in this court as she was fat, lazy and dying from an illness. Look at me, I am a middle-aged woman who is now the age Tammy was when she died. I am less healthy than she was. Do I look like someone who is about to die? It is not a crime to be a middle age woman, play video games and eat the occasional fast food meal.

Samantha: [paraphrasing] I am not a dark person or a zombie. And for me and my family being portrayed this way is unacceptable. I am tired of being vilified so that there is a reason to not listen to me. I stand for truth and I don't lie!

She spoke so well on behalf of Tammy and the Douglas family!

I can imagine him thinking that he would do it again with fewer mistakes. Perhaps he regrets targeting the children (which got him caught), but probably not the spouses.
I’m sure he learned a few things these past weeks and knows exactly what he should’ve done differently.

Tammy’s family is amazing. And Colby—my heart breaks for him. He really has lost everyone.

I wish so much Tammy’s kids would have stepped up.

I find it hard to believe that Tammy’s five children aren’t giving a statement on the impact of the murder of their mother.

Matthew Douglas brought this up, the fact that the five kids haven’t stood up for their mother the last four years. Matthew Douglas is my hero.

As for anger toward Chad, the judge gave instructions that victims couldn’t address Chad directly. I can hear the anger and pain in all their voices. I don’t think it has been lost on the jury.
Matthew says he can understand why Chad’s kids are defending him, but cannot understand why they are not standing by their mother.

Tammy’s kids cut off contact with a lot of the Douglas side of the family for years after the whole thing. And in some cases, they still do,” says Matthew. “Having them not stand by their mother hurt. If they want to rectify that position or reconnect, they know where their uncle lives or how to find out. I’m not hard to find.”

“She loved being a mom, and especially a grandma. She was so excited to be a part of our lives. She was intent and happy,” says Samantha. “My last visit I had with tammy is the last time I have felt any peace. I would not be a good sister if I did not defend Tammy as well.” Samantha says people in court called Tammy “lazy and fat.”

Doesn't look like this awful situation will be rectified soon or even ever. Sad.

Well if any murders fit these definitions it's these. Pre planning weeks ahead of time and discussing it as if it is just a matter of numbers on a light and dark scale and referring to the victims as zombies sure meets the criteria to me. Then to go above and beyond by binding a small boy and dismembering a young girl and burning her body and killing a mother in her bed and then going on to allow others to believe that she was unhealthy and had been ill, when you know that is just not true.. it is all horrific and meets these definitions. And not because you are mentally ill, not because you are in the heat of passion and angry at someone, not because someone is leaving you or because you have some grievance with them that is deserving of some angry or rage that leads to a murder.. oh no this is all planned, discussed, and orchestrated so you can get money from insurance policies and then live a life free from responsibilities with your lover.

What do you think CD's very first criminal act was? Cheating on Tammy was Wrong, abusive and sleazy, but wasn't against the law.

Adultery is illegal in Idaho under Section 18-6605 of the Idaho Code. Adultery is classified as a misdemeanor offense, and the punishment for committing adultery in Idaho is a fine of up to $1,000 or up to six months in jail or both.

if I understand correctly, Idaho Supreme Court recently revised the Death Penalty jury instructions. Their website indicates update as of 5-22-2024. info can be seen at Idaho Death Penalty Criminal Jury Instructions | Supreme Court

Prior seemed to argue that the definition for 'reasonable doubt' was revised. The revisions by the Supreme Court say that this should be "effectively immediately". Judge Boyce wanted to still use the previous definition/instruction to not confuse the jury. It also states "...the judge should use the instruction contained in the most current Idaho Criminal Jury Instructions and the Idaho Death Penalty Criminal Jury instructions, unless the judge finds that a different instruction would more adequately, accurately, or clearly state the law...."

Any legal insight into this? What can happen on an appeal if the lower Court did not follow the SC Order/jury instructions and provided the jury a different definition. Is this a concern? JMOO. Thx in advance

I am not surprised that the state did not have further testimony or evidence to present in this phase. They put it all on the table during the trial and the closing statement should be enough after those powerful victim impact statements.

But I am surprised that JP not only didn’t present any further testimony but didn’t bring in CD’s children to speak on his behalf. I really expected a psychiatrist or psychologist to talk about how CD was manipulated or had lost touch with reality or something. I’m guessing that it is all about protecting the appeal and not admitting guilt but to have nothing except JP’s closing seems to me to be setting up ineffectiveness of counsel who was not DP qualified and had no idea how to handle the penalty phase.

One would think any attorney could have made a better plea to save his client’s life than JP just did. Is JP incompetent or is he sly and crafty and setting up grounds for an appeal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper