GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am totally confused with this whole case. Should have followed it from the beginning but didn' t . Can someone in simple language explain to me what law was broken? Also I always thought felony charges were reserved for cases involving violence like murder, armed robbery. How did this become a felony charge versus a misdomeanor?
Hope this helps.

https://www.npr.org/2024/05/30/g-s1-1848/trump-hush-money-trial-34-counts

Many people serve time in federal prison for “paper crimes”. Michael Cohen, who was Trump’s lawyer and fixer, did 5 years. Trump deserves more than 5 years since he is the one who benefited from the crimes.

For those wondering about the timeline between the time of the event (SD and DT liaison), the payout and the decision to indict.

Political is Trump, a politician, hiding information from voters during his political campaign then having elected officials, politicians, ditch their sworn duties, delaying the work of the people, to shill for him.

Trump made a mistake being a criminal in New York. You’d think he would know better. A wealthy scammer from our southern town tried to go to New York with it and guess who caught him.

Disgraced former President Trump does just the stupidest crimes possible.

All imo

Here's another quote from Elie Honig about the three underlying crimes that I agree with and feel will be part of an appeal. It aligns with one of my posts up thread.

Inexcusably, the DA refused to specify what those unlawful means actually were — and the judge declined to force them to pony up — until right before closing arguments. So much for the constitutional obligation to provide notice to the defendant of the accusations against him in advance of trial. (This, folks, is what indictments are for.)

For those wondering about the timeline between the time of the event (SD and DT liaison), the payout and the decision to indict.

Trump announces his bid for the Presidency on November 15, 2022.

Jan. 23, 2023: Bragg impanels a new grand jury to hear evidence about Trump.

If Trump hadn’t announced his bid for the presidency this case would never have been brought. This strange, twisted, frankenstein, bizzare, pretzel of a case would never have occurred. NO need for it and that’s wrong. And this is my humble opinion.

That’s a broad brush. I’m not violent and never will be, just like the majority of people that support him.
You're right. However, one thing I do before I vote is research what kinds of people are supporting this candidate. Before an election here in Canada I drive through various neighbourhoods. I see the signs on lawns. Hmm, the rich folks are voting for Party A; the poor neighbourhoods have signs up for Candidate B. Hmm, on socal media I see the white supremacists groups all want to see Party A win. Do I want to back someone popular with people whose values I can't agree with? What would be best for the country?

Every time Trump steps in front of a mic he repeats over and over again that everything is rigged against him. He did it in 2015 and 2016 leading up to the election. He did it in 2020 and he's doing it now. He continued to do it even after he won in 2016 because it's his modis operandi; words and phrases he repeats ad infinitum: 'it's rigged against me', 'I won', 'I'm innocent', 'if they come for me they'll come for you'.

It's classic propaganda: repeat a lie often enough and large portions of the populace believe it. It's called the illusion of truth. The Brookings Institute, considered a centrist organization by both parties and independents state that Trump's lies corrode democracy. It's believed that Trump's lies challenge empirical data of accepted norms to distort reality.

If Trump hadn’t announced his bid for the presidency this case would never have been brought. This strange, twisted, frankenstein, bizzare, pretzel of a case would never have occurred. NO need for it and that’s wrong. And this is my humble opinion.
With all due respect, I don't think that makes much sense. In fact, I am not even sure where to begin in unravelling the things there that have been put together in a way that doesn't line up tbh.

The case is about Trump illegally paying hush money to keep things he's done from the public's view, when they had a right to know those things when making their decision on who to vote for. So of course it wouldn't have been brought to trial if he hadn't run for president. He wouldn't have had any reason to illegally pay the hush money if didn't run for president so of course he wouldn't have been tried- and convicted of it.

And, as has been stated many times in many places, Trump is the one who does every thing he can to delay, delay, delay his many trials. He also has THREE more criminal trials coming up, in different jurisdictions and etc. Those likely won't be until after the election so this one falling where it falls is obviously simply, where it fell among everything else going on here. It is not even remotely evidence of Felon Trump being picked on. We could as easily say that the other THREE not coming to trial yet is proof that Trump is getting away with delaying justice for his own illicit benefit, and considering his extreme delay tactics, that would be much closer to the truth imo.

Also, let's not forget, he was CONVICTED of it by an impartial jury agreed on by both sides. Perhaps he would not have been charged and convicted of a felony he hadn't committed the felony.

I would posit that the reason Trump is being accused -and found guilty -- of so much wrongdoing, in so many different jurisdictions, for so many things, NOT because poor Trump is the victim of witch hunts and being persecuted and so on, as ANY criminal would say, but because Trump actually IS a serious criminal and no one any of us would want in charge of our country. MOO

Last edited:
I see ex

I see exactly what you're saying.

Shortly after President Trump announced that he was running for President in the 2024 election, Bragg decides to launch this case against him. JMO

Convicted Felon Trump's brazen and shameless money grubbing reminds me of Convicted Felon Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker fleecing their followers back in the 1980's. I felt sorry for all those devotees when they finally realized how badly they'd been duped. And I mean that sincerely. I knew an elderly woman who gave them her life savings, over time. But she simply would not listen to any camp but the Bakker fanatics. And, of course, the difference was that those poor souls only ruined their OWN lives and futures. MOO

Last edited:
With all due respect, I don't think that makes much sense. In fact, I am not even sure where to begin in unravelling the things there that are put together in a way that doesn't line up tbh.

The case is about Trump illegally paying hush money to keep things he's done from the public's view, when they had a right to know those things when making their decision on who to vote for. So of course it wouldn't have been brought to trial if he hadn't run for president. He wouldn't have had any reason to illegally pay hush money if didn't run for president so of course he wouldn't have been tried- and convicted of it.

And, as has been stated many times in many places, Trump is the one who does every thing he can to delay, delay, delay his many trials. He also has THREE more criminal trials coming up, in different jurisdictions and etc. Those likely won't be until after the election so this one falling where it falls is obviously simply, where it fell among everything else going on here. It is not even remotely evidence of Felon Trump being picked on.

Also, let's not forget, he was CONVICTED of it by an impartial jury agreed on by both sides. Perhaps he would not have been charged and convicted if he hadn't committed the crime.

I would posit that the reason Trump is being accused -and found guilty -- of so much wrongdoing, in so many different jurisdictions, for so many things, NOT because poor Trump is the victim of witch hunts and being persecuted and blah blah blah as ANY criminal would say, but because Trump actually IS a criminal. MOO
It is not looking too good for the US when someone is upheld so much, via their own repetitive lies, that they become unaccountable for their crimes.

I hope he goes to prison. He is already a martyr in the eyes of the misguided.

What the heck is happening to the US. (Rhetorical question)

imo

With all due respect, I don't think that makes much sense. In fact, I am not even sure where to begin in unravelling the things there that have been put together in a way that doesn't line up tbh.

The case is about Trump illegally paying hush money to keep things he's done from the public's view, when they had a right to know those things when making their decision on who to vote for. So of course it wouldn't have been brought to trial if he hadn't run for president. He wouldn't have had any reason to illegally pay the hush money if didn't run for president so of course he wouldn't have been tried- and convicted of it.

And, as has been stated many times in many places, Trump is the one who does every thing he can to delay, delay, delay his many trials. He also has THREE more criminal trials coming up, in different jurisdictions and etc. Those likely won't be until after the election so this one falling where it falls is obviously simply, where it fell among everything else going on here. It is not even remotely evidence of Felon Trump being picked on. We could as easily say that the other THREE not coming to trial yet is proof that Trump is getting away with delaying justice for his own illicit benefit, and considering his extreme delay tactics, that would be much closer to the truth imo.

Also, let's not forget, he was CONVICTED of it by an impartial jury agreed on by both sides. Perhaps he would not have been charged and convicted of a felony he hadn't committed the felony.

I would posit that the reason Trump is being accused -and found guilty -- of so much wrongdoing, in so many different jurisdictions, for so many things, NOT because poor Trump is the victim of witch hunts and being persecuted and so on, as ANY criminal would say, but because Trump actually IS a serious criminal and no one any of us would want in charge of our country. MOO
*AMEN*

Just because they announced that, doesn't mean it's true! The Trump campaign is known to rig results. MOO.

Many people serve time in federal prison for “paper crimes”. Michael Cohen, who was Trump’s lawyer and fixer, did 5 years. Trump deserves more than 5 years since he is the one who benefited from the crimes.
To me, that is the key point. In other well-known crimes, such as Sam Bankman-Fried, it is not enough to charge and sentence the minions who were carrying out orders. The legal system nowadays regards it as extremely important to require the most accountability from the boss at the top - without that person's orders, the minions wouldn't have committed illegal acts.

IMO, it is the essence of corruption to hire other people to do your dirty work, so you can hide behind them and claim you are innocent.

JMO

Shares of Truth Social owner Trump Media & Technology Group fell about 5% Friday morning in volatile trading following the conviction of former President Donald Trump.

Trump Media is a notoriously volatile stock and has swung between steep losses and sharp gains since the historic conviction.

The Truth Social owner initially plummeted as much as 15% Thursday evening. The stock battled back and opened Friday 4% higher before those gains fizzled.
Live updates: Trump found guilty in hush money trial
Pump and dump classic.

That’s a broad brush. I’m not violent and never will be, just like the majority of people that support him.

I believe you. But it only takes a few to wreak havoc (Jan. 6, 2021). Unfortunately President Trump has cultivated and encouraged those few (“Stand back and stand by” “Fight like hell”).

I was an activist in the 1960’s and participated in the Civil Rights movement and the Peace movement by means of non-violent demonstrations. But when I saw ones who loved violence take over the demonstrations, I backed off. The difference then is that the lovers of violence weren’t being egged on by a president/major party candidate as they are nowadays.

The candidate I supported in the 1968 primaries, anti-war candidate Eugene McCarthy, had this to say about his candidacy, a far cry from Trump’s rhetoric:

"I am hopeful that this challenge may alleviate this sense of political helplessness and restore to many people a belief in the processes of American politics and of American government."

-Eugene McCarthy, 1968 Presidential Campaign.
BBM

JMO

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members