Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any more ideas on what this bagged item from the dam could be? I’m not convinced on the torch or torque wrench idea.
There appears to be a a stainless steel part to it near the officers lower hand, it looks familiar to me but I can’t place it. Like a clip, almost a flat carabiner or fold out tool. I’ve searched for multi-tools, telescopic torches etc but can’t find a match. Interested to hear if anyone has any better ideas.
Could it be some sort of portable tripod or selfie stick? In the photo it looks like the top could be the clamp that holds the phone/camera, and the very bottom of the object looks like metal feet.
IMG_1172.jpeg

I
Do you think he’s holding it up the right way?
It looks like it could have a gauge on it (blue, upper stem, circular) and a small handle or hook (silver, middle). An electrical testing thing, a pump of some sort, or even a gear stick.
Do you think he’s holding it up the right way?
It looks like it could have a gauge on it (blue, upper stem, circular) and a small handle or hook (silver, middle). An electrical testing thing, a pump of some sort, or even a gear stick?
I’m thinking it could be a ‘D ‘ shackle , possibly in stainless steel , I’m assuming the yellow in the bottom of the plastic bag is a yellow ‘post it note’, with the identity of the bagged items handwritten on

Attachments

• IMG_8960.png
    IMG_8960.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 7
Could it be some sort of portable tripod or selfie stick? In the photo it looks like the top could be the clamp that holds the phone/camera, and the very bottom of the object looks like metal feet.
View attachment 507451
Ohhh. Also my idea (tripod), but I didn't find it 100% fitting. Though rather good, I think.

@Dr Samoht #383
Shackles
are primarily used to absorb tensile forces when ropes, wire ropes or chains are transferred to fixed components. (Google)
-.-.-
Do we have to look for Towing Service and a tool?

Over time I think family and friends related to someone charged with a crime have seen how others were besieged and stalked by the media. And how they were judged by the public.

The best thing you can do to protect yourself and family is to leave the area and don't interact with the media in any way.

View attachment 507451
Thanks for playing along everyone, good to get some other perspectives. The size/shape to me fits with something like a tripod. I’ve had another search with everyone’s alternative views and came up with a magnetic pick-up tool, but still don’t feel like it we’ve cracked it

Attachments

• IMG_5498.jpeg
    IMG_5498.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 7
I still think it could be a maglite torch and I even conjured up the perp getting into a panic when he was driving past one day and noticed the dam level was shrinking.

I imagined him sneaking back after dark to look for Samantha's phone that he had tossed into the water.
And not only did he not find the phone, but he had now lost the torch as well.
I imagined him fumbling around in the dark, getting covered in mud.

View attachment 507439
Does anyone have any more ideas on what this bagged item from the dam could be? I’m not convinced on the torch or torque wrench idea.
There appears to be a a stainless steel part to it near the officers lower hand, it looks familiar to me but I can’t place it. Like a clip, almost a flat carabiner or fold out tool. I’ve searched for multi-tools, telescopic torches etc but can’t find a match. Interested to hear if anyone has any better ideas.
Honestly looks like kitchen tongs to me lol.

No, I meant the targeted focus on that specific dam and now. There’s many dams of a similar size located across the area of the last apparent ping.

Why request access to this specific dam 3 weeks ago and put aside 3 days to search?

Where’s the new intel coming from?

“The owner of the property, who wished to remain anonymous, told Daily Mail police contacted him about three weeks ago asking to access the property.”

Wonder what prompted this lead?

https://www.skynews.com.au/australi...r/news-story/6e982d7a7e33af78f8056c77b07d5d38
data from PS phone?

Yes,..maybe, not cool, rather lazy descriptor on my part, ..but , in the terms of cataloguing this kind of stuff, perhaps, 'organised' as opposed to 'disorganised' .. it seems to me, the phone throwing in the dam is a highly disorganised action, particularly when the case had her licence and medicare cards and whatnot, whatever Mick said she had , still intact.

As opposed to the apparent high level of organisation in the actual murder and aftermath.

A big contrast between the organised and a disorganised component.
I get what you’re saying Trooper, but imo it makes scant difference whether the ID documents were still contained there or not, tho it certainly provided instant elation for the investigation team
The phone will have been traceable to her via its EIMI number, irrespective of the case contents.
is the son of a Telco - perhaps well versed in all the nuances of mobile telephony technology.
However, if he threw the Phone in the dam, I doubt he intended it to be found any time soon. My thoughts are that he expected it to land around the middle of the dam & to have enough weight to quickly sink into the silt at the bottom . … seems however that it found its possie much closer to edge - do those cases maybe float (I’m not game to test mine )
However, I reckon Organised or Disorganised - as a fallible human being, eventually there’ll be a slip up. Sooner rather than later I hope, as I can’t imagine being her family - wondering & wondering - and Mick trying to keep it all together for their kids.

I agree. I think he got rid of Sam’s body immediately and near by. Mine shaft or water is my guess and leaning more towards water. Water would hasten decomposition and reduce the smell wouldn’t it?
But why would you risk creating a decoy? Wouldn’t it be smarter to completely de-identify, destroy and separately bury the cards, phone and wallet?
He is so silent and keeping a really low profile on all other fronts so it doesn’t seem congruent at all that he’d risk attention with a decoy that is quite oddly intact once retrieved.
JMO
The Ping decoy is to suggest the body is far away from where it is.
The Phone was not intended to be found, certainly not this soon

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members