Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the journey to Durham Reserve
(where, according to Police, the victim is concealed)
was ALONG the road next to the dam.
And he tossed the phone before he concealed the body - according to Police.

Did he drive to&fro?

I need to check a map :rolleyes:

Yes. What bothers me about the chucking over the fence from the road, is that it appears you would be in view of the house. Perhaps it was dark, or perhaps he just didn't care.

View attachment 507554

However, confirmation that it was just tossed from the road comes from it having been found near the shallow edge, rather than the middle, deeper part.

JMO
I don’t think it’d be difficult to pull over, get out, chuck the phone across the fence and drive off within a minute. The bramble hedge looks thick, dense and high enough in parts for good coverage. See photos below. One house is relatively close but you’d have to be watching at that exact moment and the bushes would be in the way. There’s another dam not far away and on the road too, but it doesn’t have bushes between it and the road. So maybe the dam was chosen because of the coverage? If thrown out at dusk or night, you definitely wouldn’t see anything apart from maybe the vehicles lights.
Anything thrown in the dam would move with its current you’d imagine. As the dam empties items would shift and float around, so the phone being found on the edge just means it floated there and lodged in the mud probably. The location of the phone on the edge of the dam is just physics and inconsequential I think.

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpeg
    IMG_1518.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
IIRC the police stated that Sam most likely died in the Woowookarung Regional Park where she was jogging. I don’t think there’s ever been any mention that she may have left the park alive.

I tend to agree with the idea that the accused would stop if the body was in the car.

Phone possibly wasn’t left with the body for fear of detection or because it was forgotten or something.

JMO
I can't recall what police specifically said...

It's just much, much easier to force a living person into a vehicle, than move remains. And, frequently, SA is a motive.

JMO

Did he drive to&fro?

I don’t believe the police have publicly stated that Sam is in the Durham Reserve. That’s not factual. His journey isn’t known yet, and we’re still deep in the conjecture chapters.

Did he drive to&fro?

I don't understand how police could "know" where she is and yet not have found her?

Why not search for her, presumably that's where the phone would be found?

IMO, something led them to look specifically for her phone, they brought in a special tech dog, not a cadaver dog.

JMO

I don't understand how police could "know" where she is and yet not have found her?

A couple of possibilities...

The body has been disposed of in a manner that left no remains.

Or it is down one of the thousands of century old mine shafts mentioned which are difficult to search.

With limited police resources and harsh Australian terrain to search, its just going to take some time.

Why not search for her, presumably that's where the phone would be found?

IMO, something led them to look specifically for her phone, they brought in a special tech dog, not a cadaver dog.

JMO
Look at how stoked they were at finding the phone. Imagine the riot when they find the body. Given the search, the public interest and the waiting family, I very much doubt they’d withhold such a big event as locating Sam. If they knew where she was they’d be there.
Yeah we’ve been discussing on here what the intel was for the focus on that dam last week. Acting on a very good lead from something or someone that in my mind just came in recently.

A couple of possibilities...

The body has been disposed of in a manner that left no remains.

Or it is down one of the thousands of century old mine shafts mentioned which are difficult to search.

With limited police resources and harsh Australian terrain to search, its just going to take some time.
Yes, indeed, the search would take time and effort.

Still, if there was evidence that she was in the Durham reserve (like CCTV footage of his truck entering there), why is there no mention that they've been searching it?

The road the phone was found near, continues due south past the Durham Nature Reserve towards Enfield State Park, which police searched in early April.

I am making the point because IMO, the DM has no basis for their claims about police believing her remains are in Durham Lead Nature Reserve, they are just speculating.

JMO

Objection!!!!!!

Quotation marks "......"
were USED :mad:

From the FIRST to the LAST letters.
Please check.
Perhaps brackets rather than quotation marks?

Did he drive to&fro?

Objection!!!!!!

Quotation marks "......"
were USED :mad:

From the FIRST to the LAST letters.
Please check.
Let’s cool our collective jets… :)

We are blessed to have several international contributors to this site, many of whom are not writing in their first language… :)

Accuracy is important but so is largesse… ;)

According to police was stated…

Last edited:
Perhaps brackets rather than quotation marks?
Quote is Quote.

Meaning:
copy out (words from a text or speech written or spoken by another person).

Brackets have different use.

I'm talking about original post with DM article.

Later posts referred to this original MSM article.
Which was called a THEORY.

Last edited:
I wonder how severe that motorbike accident PS had was? I know a few guys over the years who have taken major blows to the head and either never been the same again or taken prolonged periods to be the same again and one was due to a motorbike accident. Not looking for excuses for PS, just trying to work out why he might be the way he is.

There are quotes further back in the threads, by former classmates, about behavioural issues PS had in school. At quite a young age. This could be an escalation of that behaviour.

Classmates from St Patrick’s College said he was often on the outer. That he struggled with his mental health. Welfare staff had to deal with frequent outbursts. He had eccentric behaviour. Was sometimes bullied. His mental health concerns were well known.

His family are described as lovely people, Great neighbours. Wonderful neighbours.

(Paraphrased from this article .... Accused killer Patrick Orren Stephenson shared love of footy with his dad)

Yes, indeed, the search would take time and effort.

Still, if there was evidence that she was in the Durham reserve (like CCTV footage of his truck entering there), why is there no mention that they've been searching it?

The road the phone was found near, continues due south past the Durham Nature Reserve towards Enfield State Park, which police searched in early April.

I am making the point because IMO, the DM has no basis for their claims about police believing her remains are in Durham Lead Nature Reserve, they are just speculating.

JMO
The Daily Fail is predicated on speculation., One of it's main aims, along with the Herald Sun in Victoria is to sling off at Govt. the DM and the HS are intent on chucking out and putting their own burglars in. ( they've been trying , unsuccessfully , for nearly 13 years ) ,VICPOL being an arm of the Govt, you see?,... but they do get good pictures sometimes, one only has to weed out the nonsense that goes along with the pics.

I can't recall what police specifically said...

It's just much, much easier to force a living person into a vehicle, than move remains. And, frequently, SA is a motive.

JMO
In his press conference, Commander Patton claimed that Mrs Murphy was murdered at Mt Clear.

( how they know this, how they know she was murdered , how they know it was PS, how they know what time she was murdered ( 8am) will be revealed in good time at the Summary hearing. )

There are quotes further back in the threads, by former classmates, about behavioural issues PS had in school. At quite a young age. This could be an escalation of that behaviour.

Classmates from St Patrick’s College said he was often on the outer. That he struggled with his mental health. Welfare staff had to deal with frequent outbursts. He had eccentric behaviour. Was sometimes bullied. His mental health concerns were well known.

His family are described as lovely people, Great neighbours. Wonderful neighbours.

(Paraphrased from this article .... Accused killer Patrick Orren Stephenson shared love of footy with his dad)
… Sounds like quite a backstory…. :rolleyes:

Albeit as yet unsubstantiated by police…

No doubt further details will emerge in time…

For now we must patiently wait…

JMO

The Daily Fail is predicated on speculation., One of it's main aims, along with the Herald Sun in Victoria is to sling off at Govt. the DM and the HS are intent on chucking out and putting their own burglars in. ,VICPOL being an arm of the Govt, you see?,... but they do get good pictures sometimes, one only has to weed out the nonsense that goes along with the pics.
I agree, the photos are good, the rest is not and has frequently derailed threads I've followed.

For example, a case where they misread a map of Europe and claimed the border between two countries was a road the victim was travelling on. I kept pointing out in the thread that it was not possible to walk from peak to peak along the spine of the Pyrenees, but their map was considered true fact.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member