GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, man, look at this:

Kay Vallow Woodcock​

07/18/2019
My big brother whom I love with all my heart, I don’t know how to condense a lifetime of beautiful memories into a few words. You were a huge part of my life & sharing JJ wove us even more tightly. Although you were taken prematurely, I’m sure you’re in heaven watching over all those that love you. Brother, the void you left will never be filled. Rest assured I will forever ensure JJ never forgets what a great dad you were. Cole & Zack will help with that too because they’re amazing big brothers, just like you!I’ll never forget what an inspiring brother I had. I love you Charles.RIP. Fly with the angels......

IMO, the "darkness" numbers were just CD's twisted way of rating how much control he could exert over a person. They listen to everything he says without questioning? They're light. They think he's full of BS? They're dark.
Yep. Agree. Typical high-control group nonsense. Same old story, same old song and dance...

The Cox and Shiflet statement ends:
Tammy, Tylee and JJ will always be remembered as bright lights in this world!
Again, no mention of Charles and he part of their family for what - 15 years? That really bugs me.
Bugs me too. They must still believe LV’s claim that CV cheated on her, despite clear evidence that LV is a world-class liar who excels at playing the victim as she offends. I wouldn’t describe any of them as part of a brain trust.

CV was the protector LV had to eliminate before she could rid herself of the other obstacles to a well-funded life without responsibilities. And she believed that eliminating him would leave her with a $1 million jackpot. It is THAT simple.

Again, no mention of Charles and he part of their family for what - 15 years? That really bugs me.
The Cox's will not acknowledge Charles death because then they have to acknowledge Alex killed him.
But they know as well as we do with Lori being charged with his murder she is going down.
But THEY WILL NEVER throw their own under the bus.

Arrogant and entitled to the very end.

ETD.
I have just watched Summer talk to Nate EATON AT CRIMECON NASHVILLE.
She tells us the day the kids where located at Chads property the Cox's knew and accepted Lori was lying and in deep and they simply couldn't give her the benefit of doubt from there.

Est Idaho News is live now with the interview.

Last edited:
I recall MG testimony that CD was in and out of the apartment that weekend. Warwick confirms that as well and also that he saw the scratches on CD's neck when he returned from bringing JJ upstairs. cant seem to find which day it happened. but it was testified CD was alone with JJ in that instance.
This episode obviously would have fuelled Chad's dislike of/hatred for JJ. Because of it, I wonder if the scratches found on JJ's neck were not a result of how he was murdered at all, but an extra little message from Chad while or after it happened.

I think that it's because this trial wasn't about Charles.

We'll get statements about Charles after Arizona is played out.

MOO

The Cox's will not acknowledge Charles death because then they have to acknowledge Alex killed him.
But they know as well as we do with Lori being charged with his murder she is going down.

ETD.
She tells us the day the kids where located at Chads property the Cox's knew and accepted Lori was lying and in deep and they simply couldn't give her the benefit of doubt from there.

Thanks and will watch. I just finished watching an interview with Megan Connor, whom I'd never heard before. It was post Lori's verdict but prior to sentencing. I'm going to watch whatever else HTC has with her but in this one, where she touched on family trauma, I was figuring it was religion oriented stuff and, she mentioned, some issues with her dad. Well, her website is linked in the description so I went to it and check this out:

Hi, I'm Megan Conner, Survivor.​

From the ages of seven to eleven, I was trafficked in a child *advertiser censored* ring.​

:oops:

OMG. That immediately made me recall Alex and Lori's gross and inappropriate sexual simulation done in front of the whole Cox family, where everyone just laughed it off.

Megan also mentioned that she thought Alex had something to do with the death of Melani's mother.

ETA: I removed the link to Megan's site in case it's not allowed (even though she is a family member).

Last edited:
This episode obviously would have fuelled Chad's dislike of/hatred for JJ. Because of it, I wonder if the scratches found on JJ's neck were not a result of how he was murdered at all, but an extra little message from Chad while or after it happened.
I think it happened before that night but I'm not certain. I figured he manhandled JJ and probably forced him to lie down, covering his mouth to make him shut up and JJ tried to defend himself. What a horror for that little boy to go from a life with his dad who adored and provided for him, sister who was his protector and doggie who was his loyal companion to that dreadful woman bringing a creep like Chad Daybell into his home. Lori ruined his life prior to taking it.

You can bet on it. He also wanted out but it was too late and the judge said no. Now he's stuck with Chad's property (including the "Cozy Cone" which he probably never wants to utter again) which he never wanted and won't be easy to sell. He did a great job for his rotten defendant and also deserves thanks for assuring there won't be anything to appeal as far as Chad's defense.
What is Prior going to do with the Daybell home when Chad murdered Tammy and buried Tylee and JJ? How gory. Who’d buy it.

I go back and forth wondering if CD knew he was lying at all times or if he eventually started to believe his lies after telling them so many times.

Between his completely flat affect, heavy fantasizing, delusional thinking and perhaps some magical thinking, I do wonder if he would fit the criteria for one of the schizoid PD’s, maybe schizotypal. I wonder if he often lived in a schizoid fantasy world inside his head. Once Lori threw herself at him he shared that fantasy with her and she fed into it, encouraging and enabling him to live it out, so to speak.

MOO but as an undergrad I worked in abnormal psych. From what I read and what people living with this PD shared, schizoid fantasies are like elaborate daydreams where the person knows it’s not reality. The purpose of retreating into these fantasies seemed to be to escape or embellish reality. The most common themes involved omnipotence, grandiosity, being a hero during some kind of disaster or emergency, having secret knowledge, and having strong talents, superpowers, or super-human abilities. Some fantasized about friendships and romantic relationships as those were not areas of strength for them in reality. While the vast majority of people would never act on them, fantasies involving violence seemed to be common as well.

Heavy on the MOO, and this is not to suggest people with this PD are murderers, nor is it to soften any blame on CD.

ETD.

Just watched. Summer is a remarkable woman in that she was able to face reality so quickly, unlike Emma. I think a big difference there is Summer's anguished phone call with Lori, after the kids were found, where Summer just poured pure out grief and anger. That may have helped her move on to being able face the awful truth. I don't think Emma could go there, emotionally. Obviously, jmo and my take on what I've seen. I so wish that Emma (and all of Chad's kids) could spend a couple of days with Summer, Adam and Colby so they could be set free and move forward. It's so heartbreaking. They never asked for this :(

I go back and forth wondering if CD knew he was lying at all times or if he eventually started to believe his lies after telling them so many times.

Between his completely flat affect, heavy fantasizing, delusional thinking and perhaps some magical thinking, I do wonder if he would fit the criteria for one of the schizoid PD’s, maybe schizotypal. I wonder if he often lived in a schizoid fantasy world inside his head. Once Lori threw herself at him he shared that fantasy with her and she fed into it, encouraging and enabling him to live it out, so to speak.

MOO but as an undergrad I worked in abnormal psych. From what I read and what people living with this PD shared, schizoid fantasies are like elaborate daydreams where the person knows it’s not reality. The purpose of retreating into these fantasies seemed to be to escape or embellish reality. The most common themes involved omnipotence, grandiosity, being a hero during some kind of disaster or emergency, having secret knowledge, and having strong talents, superpowers, or super-human abilities. Some fantasized about friendships and romantic relationships as those were not areas of strength for them in reality. While the vast majority of people would never act on them, fantasies involving violence seemed to be common as well.

Heavy on the MOO, and this is not to suggest people with this PD are murderers, nor is it to soften any blame on CD.
Excellent post. As one of the gazillion unfortunates who's been impacted by the cluster Bs (aliens impersonating humans), I'm not terribly familiar with the cluster As but wondered the same about Chad. I was unaware of some of those traits you listed and they really fit. Personality disorders are just a group of peoples' attempt to label clusters of symptoms and they do overlap but I can never help but try to pigeon hole perps and these people are so out there - in addition to being murderers - that they're worthy of analysis. It's interesting because grandiosity is the main trait of narcs but I didn't know the schizos and schizotypals also exhibit that. Other similarities to narcs, as well, such as writing their own script with everyone being nothing but a character in it, but narcs aren't Casper Milquetoast types like Chad. Even as a cult leader, doling out blessings, he had all of the charisma of a worm. Certainly no Jim Jones and it's stunning that anyone was impressed by and let alone lived for his every word. I find that especially with Melanie Gibb who seems to have a strong personality.

Holy smoke, that Visions of Glory book, that started this whole thing, is still for sale on the LDS bookstore website. According to both Lauren and Megan, all of the light/dark stuff and other beliefs that Lori held originated with that and it was the book she was reading when the cops served her, poolside, in Hawaii. Wouldn't you think, in light of what's happened, they would have removed that?

I think it's unfortunate that these weirdos have also somewhat contaminated the topic of NDEs. The first book I ever read about those was from a surgeon whose patients experienced them after being pronounced clinically dead. They are moving, inspiring and cautionary tales about life and don't preach crazy religious ideas like what these people were into. It's a legit and fascinating subject that unscrupulous people capitalized on. Jerks.

I do not oppose the DP, but I definitely lean more towards LWOP as I get older. I agree with your sentiment.

I do wonder if the thought of being a child killer in gen pop terrified him the most of all?

I was hoping for LWOP for this reason in addition to his assumed martyrdom/ isolation via the DP. I found myself wishing that he too could experience that terror inflicted on Tylee, JJ and Tammy, and experience a living nightmare similar to those that have been the daily reality of their loved ones.

Looking forward to justice for Charles and Brandon. With Charles we will have come full circle, finally.

For me LWOP (we call it a whole life sentence in UK) is the most effective punishment. As a person who loves my freedom more than anything (except perhaps my cat!) I can think of no better punishment for someone who has committed a terrible crime than to be deprived of their freedom forever - and be consciously aware of it ever single day for the rest of their lives. Add to that the constant fear of attack of course. A whole life (or life) sentence also, of course, leaves open the chance to correct any possible miscarriage of justice.

Periodically here, we get people arguing the Death Penalty should be brought back - it was abolished just before I was born except for treason and piracy I believe (it was eventually stopped for that too). For many of these people, it is because they begrudge the spending of tax payers money on keeping such people incarcerated, but I am happy for mine to used to ensure such people wake up to another day of knowing what they are missing and will never have again.

I know very little about the US justice system, but here in the UK there are strict guidelines for giving someone a whole life sentence, hence why killers like Cashman (Oliva Pratt-Cordell) and Chapman (Elle Edwards) weren't given whole life, but were given such long minimum terms (42 years and 48 years respectively) they will either die in prison or be so elderly by the time they are released, it will be far too late for them to live any sort of meaningful or fulfilling life.

As far as Daybell is concerned, if he had been in the UK I am sure he would have been given a whole life term. There is a comparable case here where a whole life sentence was given (Simpson-Kent) who murdered his partner Sian Blake and their two children. I think there are circumstances where someone can receive a whole life term on religious grounds here, but I'm not sure CD would have qualified for whole life on that basis too.

Thinking about your suggestion about CD being afraid of the general population, here in the UK, the most notorious criminals are as I understand it kept apart from the rest of the population, although there is a general assumption that they can be "got to" one way or another or even by one of their own. It does happen. I'm assuming if he is on death row there is less opportunity for that to occur.

And I agree with your sentiments about CD getting LWOP!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back