GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watch until the end of this. Nate puts together a great video of the victims.
Yes, get your tissues ready.

Beautiful tribute from Nate.
Your right....needed the tissues!

So vibrate, talented gorgeous humans..... all snuffed out...

for what????

nobody won here.

Chad.....I have no words I can use on websleuths to describe how I feel about you. :(
Can only imagine how Colby kay and Larry must feel.

I have a sick feeling when I think of Tylee's murder.
Knowing what they did to her in disposing of her body was heinous and depraved.
IMO she was killed by MULTIPLE people ambushing her.
Definitely her mother and uncle. Was Chad there too??
Let's not forget DW said Chad was entitled enough to take JJ upstairs to discipline him... the very night he was murdered.
Chad returned with scratch marks on his neck...I think? (IIRC)
So even though CD visit to the villa was swift...it was impactful and abusive to JJ.

Chad for filling his own pleasure in giving JJ a taste of what the night held ahead of him??
It crosses my mind often.
So evil.
Chad was scratched by JJ a few days earlier. According to MG, Chad was not at Lori's apartment the evening before JJ was killed. The murder likely occurred at night when Lori's guests were sleeping and Chad was at home with Tammy. She would have noticed his absence. He texted Lori at 4am.

Chad was scratched by JJ a few days earlier. According to MG, Chad was not at Lori's apartment the evening before JJ was killed. The murder likely occurred at night when Lori's guests were sleeping and Chad was at home with Tammy. She would have noticed his absence. He texted Lori at 4am.
Thanks for clarifying. I did suggest I wasn't sure.
I had it in mind MG and DW where only there over night?

But the point is the same.
Before the murder of JJ Chad felt entitled to take JJ away to discipline him and he returned with scratch marks on him witnessed by DW and MG.

A child he really did not know. Says alot .

Before the murder of JJ Chad felt entitled to take JJ away to discipline him and he returned with scratch marks on him witnessed by DW and MG.

I'm really surprised there were no reports or even hints that Chad abused his own children when they were younger. (Or maybe there were?) He seems to have a sadistic side, but also an overriding wimpy side which prevents him from acting out his sadistic inclinations... but I would expect someone like that to possibly see children as the exception and make them the only targets of his sadism. Because he's too much of a wimp to pick on anyone his own size/age. But as far as I know, he left his own children alone.

I'm really surprised there were no reports or even hints that Chad abused his own children when they were younger. (Or maybe there were?) He seems to have a sadistic side, but also an overriding wimpy side which prevents him from acting out his sadistic inclinations... but I would expect someone like that to possibly see children as the exception and make them the only targets of his sadism. Because he's too much of a wimp to pick on anyone his own size/age. But as far as I know, he left his own children alone.
Lori's kids were in the way when his were not. They each also represented money.

I still believe it was Lori who killed both of her kids and Alex was called to deal with the aftermath.

I'm not a parent, but if anyone new in my life took it upon themselves to discipline my child, presumably physically, I would pitch a fit, and probably press charges.

But then, Lori is not like the rest of us.

MOO

I don't think we *know* what you said above.

One possibility is that Chad and Tammy no longer shared a bedroom.

From Mackey's testimony, we can infer that Garth did not worry when he could not find his father. At least, to me it sounds like Garth was frustrated because he needed his father for next steps, but it doesn't seem like Garth was thinking, "Someone killed my mother and kidnapped my father," or "Someone killed my mother and my father is off chasing them," or "My mother died and my father must be so distraught and in danger."

To me, it seems that Garth was not afraid for his father's safety that he couldn't find him. Just an inference. It seems like it just made it more stressful to cope with figuring out what to do.

I think it wasn't that unusual for Chad to be difficult to find.

A lot of communication occurred between Lori and Chad when Tammy would be right there, if Chad shared a bedroom.

Chad had location turned off his phone.

I think they had separate bedrooms. It might be that Chad went out sometimes after bedtime.

MOO

I don't think we *know* what you said above.

One possibility is that Chad and Tammy no longer shared a bedroom.

From Mackey's testimony, we can infer that Garth did not worry when he could not find his father. At least, to me it sounds like Garth was frustrated because he needed his father for next steps, but it doesn't seem like Garth was thinking, "Someone killed my mother and kidnapped my father," or "Someone killed my mother and my father is off chasing them," or "My mother died and my father must be so distraught and in danger."

To me, it seems that Garth was not afraid for his father's safety that he couldn't find him. Just an inference. It seems like it just made it more stressful to cope with figuring out what to do.

I think it wasn't that unusual for Chad to be difficult to find.

A lot of communication occurred between Lori and Chad when Tammy would be right there, if Chad shared a bedroom.

Chad had location turned off his phone.

I think they had separate bedrooms. It might be that Chad went out sometimes after bedtime.

MOO
It depends on how tight sleepers his family were (Tammy and Garth). If Chad left home with his car in the middle of the night and was heard by his family or neighbors, he would have a hard time explaining if asked about it. I can imagine him waking up at 4am to text Lori (from the bedroom or another room) when Tammy was asleep. It wouldn't have made much noise and wouldn't take long.

It depends on how tight sleepers his family were (Tammy and Garth). If Chad left home with his car in the middle of the night and was heard by his family or neighbors, he would have a hard time explaining if asked about it. I can imagine him waking up at 4am to text Lori (from the bedroom or another room) when Tammy was asleep. It wouldn't have made much noise and wouldn't take long.
Maybe. But I'm not sure he felt he owed anyone an explanation for anything.

If the Prices's noticed, that would be a problem. But Emma, Joe, Garth and Tammy seem used to keeping quiet.

MOO

I oppose the death penalty *but*...his crimes are just so awful, and he committed them in a country/state that has the death penalty. So in my view, he fully deserves it. Whilst waiting for death, with the constant shadow of fear on his shoulder, he should think about what he did to those poor children and his wife.

I will now wait to see what happens in Arizona.

Justice for Tylee, JJ and Tammy. May they rest in peace.

I'm speculating about Chad's strategy at his trial.

He probably chose going to trial because he would never admit to his children that he killed their mother. He wants them on his side in any event. They are the only cult he has left. If he thought he would get acquitted, which parts of reasonable doubt was he banking on? Tammy's inconclusive (according to his expert) autopsy? His DNA not being found on his tools? His precise phone location not being traceable? How could he think he could be excluded from the conspiracy, when numerous texts and calls show he was calling the shots? And then there's communication with Alex and/or Lori right before the murders or burials. Was the guilty verdict a shock to him? What was his plan afterwards? It seems like he prefers the DP to LWOP, because he stopped fighting. He likely knows he won't be put to death any time soon and will be shielded from other violent prisoners. But DP probably also means less communication with the outside world. His daughter won't be able to speak to him every day.

Last edited:
Maybe. But I'm not sure he felt he owed anyone an explanation for anything.

If the Prices's noticed, that would be a problem. But Emma, Joe, Garth and Tammy seem used to keeping quiet.

MOO
Right, the dark 'prophet' answered to noone.

Even though Tammy was the bread winner....Tammy was the bread cooker..... the 'prophet' was the master of HIS dynasty.

Dr John Matthias of HTC reacts to Chad's verdict and sentencing:

JM thinks that Chad's reaction to the verdict was both fear and anger. In the end he showed defiance when not standing up for the jury dismissal (he started to rise and then fell back to his chair). JM is also of the opinion that Chad is a believer in his specialness but is not interested in Lori any more.

On the question about Lori's family supporting Colby at the trial, Lori's uncle Rex, who attended her trial, would have been there but he had a medical emergency. He said on his podcast (wearing an eye patch) that Chad being sentenced to death sent a message to Lori that she should have been right there with him. She would have got the DP had she not insisted on a speedy trial.
Lori's brother Adam spoke to his mother after Chad's sentencing and according to him, she was in tears, also related to Colby's victim impact statement.
Rex and Adam imagine Lori (but not Chad) believing that she is a martyr.

Last edited:
If Idaho were a state that allowed the insanity defense, do you think Chad would have qualified for it?
In a word? No.

There's no evidence he has any kind of psychiatric condition that meant he genuinely did not understand consequences or right and wrong.

He just didn't care.

And the amount of premeditation and planning shows it wasn't any kind of transitory, impulsive loss of sanity or control.

Money, sex, power, and removal of perceived obstacles. He hits all four. He wanted to do this, so he did.

MOO

In a word? No.

There's no evidence he has any kind of psychiatric condition that meant he genuinely did not understand consequences or right and wrong.

He just didn't care.

And the amount of premeditation and planning shows it wasn't any kind of transitory, impulsive loss of sanity or control.

Money, sex, power, and removal of perceived obstacles. He hits all four. He wanted to do this, so he did.

MOO
spot on.

IMO he still doesn't care.

I don't think he believes all that nonsense he was peddling either.
He was a wolf in sheeps clothing looking to pick up women in the church...the only ones he could attract where the whacky doodles on the fringe looking for a fantasy.
And Lori was so far off the charts in her own little universe he just ran with it...

And I suspect in his mind it was worth it.
Even though its over now.....

he lived large...in a delux villa in hawaii with his sex maniac skinny cheer leader for a month or two pretending he was a pharoah / jock in high school .:rolleyes: with all that cash...they walked around with in a bag lmao.

And...all that annoys me tremendously.

He doesn't have the substance for any of this to matter.:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14