GUILTY Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t think they’re allowed to refer to past convictions or charges during a trial to ensure that the judgment is fair. They can usually only be taken into account when it comes to sentencing.

This page explains more: When Can Courts take into Account my Previous Convictions? | Downing Centre Court
Stein was charged with possession of child abuse material after her was charged with Charlise’s murder. Also possession of the weapons came after.

He has 10 charges to face, but this trial is for the alleged murder and improperly interfering with a dead body, of little Charlise.

“Mr Stein is now facing 10 charges, including murder, improperly interfering with a dead body, possession of authorised firearms and ammunition, aggravated break and enter, and possession of child abuse material.”
“Court documents show Mr Stein has now also been charged with "improperly interfere with a corpse or human remains" and alleges he "did offer an indignity" to her remains’l

OK, I found the texts I was looking for---these might be a problem for Stein----

'I'm not losing her over you'​

I'm assuming that since Stein also sent Kallista texts accusing her of the murder, the defense will write these texts off as Kallista doing the same, i.e. trying to leave a trail of texts pinning the blame on Stein and deflecting the blame from herself.

I don't think the jury will be naive enough to buy that. He's on record threatening to shoot Kallista, and he also covered up the crime. There would be absolutely no reason to do that if he was innocent.

Stein was charged with possession of child abuse material after her was charged with Charlise’s murder. Also possession of the weapons came after.

He has 10 charges to face, but this trial is for the alleged murder and improperly interfering with a dead body, of little Charlise.

“Mr Stein is now facing 10 charges, including murder, improperly interfering with a dead body, possession of authorised firearms and ammunition, aggravated break and enter, and possession of child abuse material.”
“Court documents show Mr Stein has now also been charged with "improperly interfere with a corpse or human remains" and alleges he "did offer an indignity" to her remains’l

I'm pretty sure we looked that up at the time, and that just hiding a body to prevent dignified treatment after death counted.

MOO

I keep thinking of that happy innocent 9 year old girl put in the 'care' of two drug-addicted convicted criminals, one of whom shoots up in a public toilet, <modsnip>

The grandparents, into whose care she was placed by a court, must have been on another planet to let her be with KM and JS unaccompanied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Under cross-examination by Crown Prosecutor Ken McKay SC, Mr Stein denied ever giving Charlise any of his medication for schizophrenia – a condition he said means he sometimes hears "voices", especially when stressed.”

Stein was questioned about why he left the house unlocked that night when he fell asleep, in the knowledge that – according to him – Kallista Mutten may be armed.

"I didn't think about it," Mr Stein said.”

Here’s the problem Justin.. if you’d just witnessed Kallista murder her own daughter and then take off that night in your car, why on earth would you leave a voicemail threatening to kill her instead of just calling the police on her?

Make that make sense..

Also, why did you take a boat if you were just going to do some work at another property?

And wtf were you buying 99kg of sand for if you didn’t even know there was a body in the barrel on the back of your ute yet?

Honestly, he must think everyone is as dumb as he is to buy this stuff..

All MOO obvs.

Honestly, he must think everyone is as dumb as he is to buy this stuff..

IMO this guy is so used to lying that he never considers the believability of his concocted tales. His mother seems to accept whatever he says. From the reports of their recorded phone calls, I don't hear any questioning of, or pushing back against, any of his story (though we only get to hear what reporters choose to report).

I keep thinking of that happy innocent 9 year old girl put in the 'care' of two drug-addicted convicted criminals, one of whom shoots up in a public toilet, <modsnip>

The grandparents, into whose care she was placed by a court, must have been on another planet to let her be with KM and JS unaccompanied.

They are the biggest victims here in this case I feel.

They must have been so manipulated and deceived and given layers of false assurances.

Whomsoever was responsible for the legal aspects of CM's custodial welfare and social workers are at fault here IMO. A cursory check on JS (and KM for that matter) and neither of them would have been allowed to be alone with her, I reckon.

Sadly, I have personal experience of this - doctors, psychiatrists, treatment centre / rehab staff, probation officers etc, they often believe it's healthy and helpful for the person in recovery to be around their kids. But who's advocating for that innocent underage child's human rights ? Children being sacrificed like lambs to the slaughter so some rehab worker can jolly everyone up with fantasy stories about the addiction all being over and everyone's a happy family again. I've seen it too many times.

JMO MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO this guy is so used to lying that he never considers the believability of his concocted tales. His mother seems to accept whatever he says. From the reports of their recorded phone calls, I don't hear any questioning of, or pushing back against, any of his story (though we only get to hear what reporters choose to report).

I don't know if you've ever met a mother who is both in denial and enabling their son's sick behaviour (it's always their boys they do this for not the girls) but I have. They'll offer up denials and strategies and cover ups and suggestions to shift any blame before the son's even thought of it some times. It beggars belief. It must be the power of the maternal-son bond is all I can think. Maybe it's coded in our DNA for survival reasons or something?

Calmly and methodically, Mr McKay is questioning Stein regarding his 1st Police statement from 14th Jan, 2022, at the moment is from page 43 - must have been a rather large statement! Specifically being questioned about the tale of the auction lady looking after Charlise. Meanwhile, Ms Davenport is reading the room quite often.

Last edited:
Stein was questioned about lying in his Police statements and he gave the excuse of “being concerned about going back to jail - about me dumping that barrel”

Police kept Stein’s mobile at the interview on the 14rh Jan 2022. Mr McKay accused Stein of deleting messages he had sent to Kallista. Stein said he had no idea how the messages were deleted, or when they were deleted.

On a recorded conversation with his mother from jail, Stein told his mother to change his solicitor to “Peter” (Katsoolis - his current solicitor), because his current solicitor was “not a murder lawyer”.

Another recorded conversation with his mother, when talking about driving around with Charlise in a barrel in the back of his Ute, Stein told his mother that he was thinking to go to her at Rose Bay but thought he couldn’t just rock up, to which his mother said “you should have”, and Stein said “well I probably should have”.

Court is in recess now.

IMO

Stein’s trial has finished for today.

Judge Wilson has now told the jury that they have now heard all of the evidence that the lawyers wanted to put before them.
From tomorrow they will hear addresses from counsel.

Judge Wilson said that they “are well and truly at the back end of the trial”.

Judge Wilson went on to explain to the jury that shortly they will have to consider a verdict, and only 12 members of the jury will do this. Hence, at that time a ballot will be performed to reduce the current 14 members of the jury to the 12 required to consider a verdict.

I’d like to know if Charlise was wearing the same clothes she had on when she left the caravan park with Stein or something different.. I feel like that could possibly give an indication of whether she made it to the next day or was killed that same night. I really don’t think she was alive by the 12th.

I can’t think of any reasonable explanation for the lack of underwear.. I know some people/kids don’t wear any under pjs but from the earlier reporting it doesn’t sound like she was dressed in pjs when she was found. Ugh :(

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back