GUILTY Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not impressed at all with the reporting that has not been forthcoming from Stein’s trial. Found this information in today’s news, but it is actually from court yesterday!

“The court briefly heard from Damien Cossey on Thursday, who the jury heard supplied Mr Stein and Ms Mutten with $50 of marijuana and $100 of methylamphetamine, as well as needles about midday on January 12.

Prosecutors allege Charlise was already dead by the time Mr Stein had collected Ms Mutten from the caravan park, 90 minutes away from Mount Wilson, before they travelled into Surry Hills and bought the drugs from Mr Cossey.

But the defence claims Charlise was still alive and in the back seat of the ute, lying down.

When asked whether he saw anyone in the car other than Mr Stein or Ms Mutten, he said: “No, I didn’t.”

So the defense team is forced to 'admit' that the defendant drove to his drug dealer, with his 9 yr old stepdaughter in the car, while he and her Mom bought needles for shooting meth that night?

I was reading this article recently and noticed it had some information from earlier in the trial that I hadn't seen before. It covers CM's grandfathers testimony which gives insight into CM's life with her grandparents & relationship with KM, and answers the question many of us have asked about whether KM's parents had any idea that she was still using (obviously no). It also mentions that he was under the impression that Annemie would be there at Mt Wilson during the stay.

It's paywalled for some (cut & paste the link here to read if so).

Charlise Mutten asked if her alleged killer would make a good dad, jury told

So the defense team is forced to 'admit' that the defendant drove to his drug dealer, with his 9 yr old stepdaughter in the car, while he and her Mom bought needles for shooting meth that night?

I suppose it's better for them to suggest that they had the girl with them while they were shooting up drugs and giving each other gonorrhoea, than to actually admit to murder.

The question I have is, if the girl actually was with them that day, was she dead inside a barrel at the time?

I suppose it's better for them to suggest that they had the girl with them while they were shooting up drugs and giving each other gonorrhoea, than to actually admit to murder.

The question I have is, if the girl actually was with them that day, was she dead inside a barrel at the time?
BBM Also they likely consider it more prejudicial against the female parent than against the male stepparent-to-be.

Reading through this news article dated 23rd May, 2024, the Forensic Pathologist who performed the autopsy on Charlise has already been in the witness stand at Stein’s trial, and was questioned on her report as an expert witness. There was no mention at all of any other findings on/in Charlise’s body apart from the bullet wounds and damage done by them. Nothing was stated about if there was evidence of sexual assault, so we are left in the dark.

Charlise Mutten was still alive when she was shot in the face from 30cm away, jury told​

“Forensic pathologist Dr Marna Du Plessis took to the witness stand on Thursday where she told the jury she conducted a post mortem exam on Charlise’s body after it was discovered in the barrel.”

“The man accused of murdering Charlise Mutten in the Blue Mountains has told a jury the schoolgirl's mother shot the nine-year-old dead and then immediately attempted to blame him.

Justin Laurens Stein, 33, was today called as a witness in his own defence after pleading not guilty to murdering Charlise at his family's Mount Wilson property in January 2022.”
Mr Stein today told the NSW Supreme Court Charlise woke up on January 12 feeling unwell and travelled with him back to see her mother, his then-partner Kallista, who was staying at his caravan in Lower Portland.

He said he drove them to Surry Hills to "score" the drug ice for Ms Mutten and some cannabis for him.

Mr Stein said he walked his dog while Ms Mutten used drugs in toilets at Centennial Park.

Later that evening, the three arrived back at Mt Wilson and Mr Stein said he went to a shed to work on a ute.

"That's when I heard a gunshot, then I heard Charlise scream my name," he told the court.”

Justin Stein cries while giving evidence, claiming mother of slain schoolgirl Charlise Mutten allegedly shot her​

Stein's fanciful version of events, prior to smoking dope:

Mr Stein told the court he was working on his car in the shed when he heard a gunshot and “Charlise scream my name”.

“Then I went outside the shed...I got to the back of the shed, that’s when I heard Charlise scream ‘Mummy, no’,” Mr Stein told the jury as he tried to hold back tears.

“That’s when I heard...bang...a second gunshot...I saw Kallista and that’s when I saw Charlise on the ground.”

Under questioning from his defence barrister Carolyn Davenport SC, Mr Stein told the jury he saw Ms Mutten with a .22 calibre rifle in her hands.

He told the jury he asked Ms Mutten “what the have you done”.

“She looked at me and screamed at me: ‘You did this’,” Mr Stein said, dabbing his eyes with tissues.

The 33-year-old told the jury she continued to scream “you made me do this”, to which he responded: “what have I done? I have done everything for you”.

The jury heard Ms Mutten screamed at him to get a tarp but he refused.

“She lifted up the rifle like she was going to shoot...I put up both hands and said OK,” Mr Stein said.

Mr Stein said he was in the shed for about ten minutes and when he left he walked up to where they had been, to find Charlise and Ms Mutten “both gone”.

He walked back to the house and went to his bedroom where the jury was told he was “shaking” as he rolled a joint and broke down in tears for up to 15 minutes.

Charlise told me she didn’t want to stay with Kallista and she asked if she could come back with me,” he said.
Stein said during her stay at Mount Wilson, Charlise slept in her own bedroom at the property but would not always remain in her room all night.
She was in my bedroom when I went to bed,” Stein said.”

Stein told the court he had started taking heroin at the age of 12 and was diagnosed with schizophrenia at 21, which gave him periodic auditory and visual hallucinations.
To treat his schizophrenia, Stein was prescribed the antipsychotic medication quetiapine, also sold under the brand name Seroquel.
“It makes me able to function. It stops the voices, not completely, but it does stop them,” Stein said.
The trial continues.”

Me too, I really thought the media would be all over this trial
The Australian media is restricted from publishing too much in case it prejudices the trial in some way. They also risk being held in contempt if they do anything to compromise the trials. These things are prohibited:

• Reporting anything said in the absence of the jury
• Revealing prior convictions
• Breaching any suppression orders
• Reports that imply guilt or innocence of the accused
• Reports, including interviews, that could affect witnesses
• Comments, as distinct from reports of the court case
• Confessions
• Pictures of the accused where identity is an issue
• Any contact with jurors.

They're also expected to exercise caution generally and to err on the side of not reporting things like the judge ruling certain evidence inadmissible.

This is why tabloids like the Daily Mail reveal more details about the trial each day - because they're less sensitive about ethics.

"Stein told the court he had started taking heroin at the age of 12"

Where and from whom does a 12 year old (year 7 student) get heroin? At some stage Stein was a student at Cranbrook.

She was in my bedroom when I went to bed,” Stein said.”

Now we're getting closer to the truth about what really happened, IMO.

Last edited:
Why on earth would he say this…..

“She was in my bedroom when I went to bed,” Stein said.”

As I said in a previous post, we need to know the results of autopsy!!!!

There is likely Charlise's DNA in his bed/room.

I imagine that the court is trying to preserve Charlise's dignity and memory. Protecting a minor child, the way they do in most child sexual assault cases. The jury will see the entire autopsy report. And maybe the court has heard it, but it has been publicly suppressed.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70
Back