TN - Eight people killed, Sumner County deaths linked, Apr 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Cummins will have an intellectual disability hearing on September 9, 2022, to determine if he is eligible to receive the death penalty due to his mental state. If he is deemed unfit to receive the death penalty, this does not rule out the possibility of life in prison.

The jury selection for the trial is on April 3, 2023, and the first day will be April 5, 2023, in Gallatin.

Think the major question to be answered in regard to the trial is will it be 3 separate trials based on 3 separate crime scenes or 1 trial with 3 crime scenes, either way it seems probable they have enough evidence to convict him and sentence him with the death penalty which is what they are trying him for.

March 14, 2023

"Knox Countians are being screened this week for jury duty in one of the worst mass murder cases in Tennessee history.

Sumner County authorities are picking jurors here because of notoriety about the case back home against Michael Lee Cummins, 29. The trial is set to start April 12.

Judge Dee David Gay is presiding over the case. He decided two years ago that it would be best for a jury outside the county to be brought in to hear the case, according to previous news reports.

Lawyers and court officials from Sumner County began work Monday in Knox County.

Knox County Criminal Court Clerk Mike Hammond's office previously sent out notices to a thousand residents alerting them they faced potential service, Hammond said. Now candidates are being questioned individually before final selection to a small group that will make the trip to Sumner County."

March 14, 2023

"Knox Countians are being screened this week for jury duty in one of the worst mass murder cases in Tennessee history.

Sumner County authorities are picking jurors here because of notoriety about the case back home against Michael Lee Cummins, 29. The trial is set to start April 12.

Judge Dee David Gay is presiding over the case. He decided two years ago that it would be best for a jury outside the county to be brought in to hear the case, according to previous news reports.

Lawyers and court officials from Sumner County began work Monday in Knox County.

Knox County Criminal Court Clerk Mike Hammond's office previously sent out notices to a thousand residents alerting them they faced potential service, Hammond said. Now candidates are being questioned individually before final selection to a small group that will make the trip to Sumner County."

Great to hear things are moving forwards in this sickening case. Not knowing the region I'm wondering how far a jury is going to have to travel from Knox County to Sumner County. Will they have to stay over in Sumner County for the duration of the trial, if so this cost will no doubt be paid for by Sumner County. End of my ramblings.

Im just longing to get Justice so the remaining family members can start to close the door and move forward to try to find peace and healing.

Great to hear things are moving forwards in this sickening case. Not knowing the region I'm wondering how far a jury is going to have to travel from Knox County to Sumner County. Will they have to stay over in Sumner County for the duration of the trial, if so this cost will no doubt be paid for by Sumner County. End of my ramblings.

Im just longing to get Justice so the remaining family members can start to close the door and move forward to try to find peace and healing.

Gallatin, which is the county seat of Sumner County, Tennessee is about 175 miles and 3 hours from Knoxville. I would guess that the jury will be sequestered in a local hotel rather than being transported back and forth to Knoxville every day.

Gallatin, which is the county seat of Sumner County, Tennessee is about 175 miles and 3 hours from Knoxville. I would guess that the jury will be sequestered in a local hotel rather than being transported back and forth to Knoxville every day.

Thank you MajorHoople, I should really check out on a map but never think of these things at the time. It would make sense to stay in a local hotel. I think I'll go see my friend Google and check out the Knoxville area. Being in the UK I'm not well up on US geography. Visited once for 8 days but just hung around Memphis and surrounding area.

Lazy day for me, resting and listening to YT. I almost fell off my chair! I saw a video from WSMV 4 from Nashville dated 2 months ago. It's only a 29 second video but told me what I was waiting for.

Hey @Niner look what I've got for you.
CUMMINS court date is now down for January 18 2024.

Seems I could get a link to WSMV, look at the date! Why this didn't appear in my earlier search, oh well, there we go.

Thanks @altojack - but I am not following this case.... At least - it sure does not sound familiar to me! :)

sorry to disturb you Niner, I thought you were following. I keep seeing you on a few that I'm following. Back to your updates on other cases, lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back