TN - Eight people killed, Sumner County deaths linked, Apr 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Think the major question to be answered in regard to the trial is will it be 3 separate trials based on 3 separate crime scenes or 1 trial with 3 crime scenes, either way it seems probable they have enough evidence to convict him and sentence him with the death penalty which is what they are trying him for.

Think the major question to be answered in regard to the trial is will it be 3 separate trials based on 3 separate crime scenes or 1 trial with 3 crime scenes, either way it seems probable they have enough evidence to convict him and sentence him with the death penalty which is what they are trying him for.

From what I picked up, the Judge seemed to struggle at times to get to grips with the connections to the three crime scenes all connected with the evidence found at his parents home. Bloodied boots, the broken rifle that Cummins stole and used to bash heads in with.

So we have now got to the stage that Cummins is competent, next Court date Is 27 August, motion hearing.

Judge mentioned Diminished Responsibility and Insanity, so they are going to look at that. He mentioned Rule 12.2 and getting experts onboard and deadline is 7 September.

Also a date of. 5 November set but couldn't hear what for.

Can someone please check these dates just to be sure. I haven't a clue where to look. Thank you.

Roll on tomorrow for the next appearance.

Unfortunately because I'm in UK I'm unable to access newspapers and tv media to find out who will be streaming this and the time it is due to start.

Anyone here able to take a look around for us please?

From 9 July 2021

Just Googled Michael Cummins Sumner County and came across some Court videos. For some reason it has come across as this. Should be easy to go to YouTube and find this from July 9 2021.

Last edited:
The high-profile mass murder trial for Michael Cummins is now indefinitely on hold.
(...)
He was scheduled for two trials -- with the first set for April.

Just last week the only survivor of the attack -- Cummins' grandmother -- passed away.

She was expected to testify ... but that is not why things are delayed.

Newschannel 5 has learned that after two years of assessment and therapy ... Cummins is still considered incompetent to stand trial.
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/t...erer-michael-cummins-indefinitely-put-on-hold

The high-profile mass murder trial for Michael Cummins is now indefinitely on hold.
(...)
He was scheduled for two trials -- with the first set for April.

Just last week the only survivor of the attack -- Cummins' grandmother -- passed away.

She was expected to testify ... but that is not why things are delayed.

Newschannel 5 has learned that after two years of assessment and therapy ... Cummins is still considered incompetent to stand trial.
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/t...erer-michael-cummins-indefinitely-put-on-hold

No doubt he could have another murder charge against him at some point then. His grandmothers injuries were live threatening but I was relieved when she survived.

It's an awful added loss to the remaining family members, I feel so devastated for them.

@LizzyE could I be presumptuous and ask if you could please keep an eye on the Court dates, pretty please? I live in UK and am unable to have access to several newspapers. I struggled several times to find court hearings as you may have noticed way back.
Not to worry if you aren't able to, that's fine.

Wednesday marks three-year anniversary of Tennessee’s deadliest mass murder

Posted - Apr. 27, 2022

"Cummins is accused of killing six people – David and Clara Cummins, Michael Cummins’ parents, Charles Hosale, his grandfather, Marsha Nuckols, Rachel McGlothlin-Pee, and Sapphire McGlothlin-Pee – inside the Charles Brown Road home. Mary Sue Hosale, his grandmother, was found alive in the home on or about April 26.

Michael Cummins is accused of killing Shirley Fehrle, who was found dead inside her Luby Brown Road home, before taking her car on or about April 25.

On or about April 17, Cummins is accused of killing Jim Dunn near a home at 1260 Ransom Mandrell Rd. that had been set on fire. Dunn’s body was found about 75 yards away from the burned cabin, and Dunn’s head was found about 25 yards away from the torso.

Also, on April 27, 2019, authorities found six bodies inside a trailer on Charles Brown Road belonging to Mary Sue Hosale, Cummins’ grandmother. Bodies were in several rooms inside the trailer, sustaining blunt force trauma. Mary Sue Hosale was taken to the hospital, where she later recovered. Dunn’s rifle was found in the Hosale trailer, according to court documents."

Wednesday marks three-year anniversary of Tennessee’s deadliest mass murder

Posted - Apr. 27, 2022

"Cummins is accused of killing six people – David and Clara Cummins, Michael Cummins’ parents, Charles Hosale, his grandfather, Marsha Nuckols, Rachel McGlothlin-Pee, and Sapphire McGlothlin-Pee – inside the Charles Brown Road home. Mary Sue Hosale, his grandmother, was found alive in the home on or about April 26.

Michael Cummins is accused of killing Shirley Fehrle, who was found dead inside her Luby Brown Road home, before taking her car on or about April 25.

On or about April 17, Cummins is accused of killing Jim Dunn near a home at 1260 Ransom Mandrell Rd. that had been set on fire. Dunn’s body was found about 75 yards away from the burned cabin, and Dunn’s head was found about 25 yards away from the torso.

Also, on April 27, 2019, authorities found six bodies inside a trailer on Charles Brown Road belonging to Mary Sue Hosale, Cummins’ grandmother. Bodies were in several rooms inside the trailer, sustaining blunt force trauma. Mary Sue Hosale was taken to the hospital, where she later recovered. Dunn’s rifle was found in the Hosale trailer, according to court documents."

Three years already, for me the time has gone quickly but I bet it hasn't been so for the family members left behind in grief. My prayers go out to them.

@MajorHoople , thank you for bringing this to our attention. Such heinous crimes inflicted on ones own family, I still struggle to come to terms with what Cummins did.

Heaven knows when we'll see this in Court, if at all. The last video I saw I'm sure I heard someone mention insanity so we just have to wait for an update.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back