MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How convenient these items were waiting to be found on the evening search

“Lt. Tully had informed us that the victim in this case was struck by a vehicle,” O’Hara recalled. “He believed there would be broken pieces of taillight in the area. He also stated the victim was missing his sneaker, so he asked us to search for both of those items.”

Anyone have a clue what this is supposed to be? It was an exhibit that was shown on the screen during Ashley Vallier's testimony, then there was an objection and they moved on. It's clearly plastic, not glass. And it looks too thin and the wrong shape for the taillight.

In fact it looks a bit like the bottom of a disposable plastic drinking glass, but I don't know what that would have to do with this case.

Untitled 2.jpg

Makes me wonder how those that are being used and duped into advancing this cover up personally feel about that. IMO there are many involved but also many have been sucked into this scheme to their own detriment.

is it possible John whipped the glass at the back of her car? MOO
Wow! Great hypothesis. I get a bit irritated when I hear what a saint JO was but he had to be fed up with her jealousy or other perceived shortcomings, right? We can't blame the victim here but he was just as drunk as she was (if not more, he started earlier).

Anyone have a clue what this is supposed to be? It was an exhibit that was shown on the screen during Ashley Vallier's testimony, then there was an objection and they moved on. It's clearly plastic, not glass. And it looks too thin and the wrong shape for the taillight.

In fact it looks a bit like the bottom of a disposable plastic drinking glass, but I don't know what that would have to do with this case.

View attachment 507782

Maybe an example of how the witness can solve a puzzle from the pieces of a plastic drinking glass? Thus she could reassemble a tail light from broken pieces.....some kind of puzzle experience, JMO

Wow! Great hypothesis. I get a bit irritated when I hear what a saint JO was but he had to be fed up with her jealousy or other perceived shortcomings, right? We can't blame the victim here but he was just as drunk as she was (if not more, he started earlier).
but, but, but, he was just using her as a babysitter

Maybe but I'm pretty sure a plastic glass, even a stiff one, wouldn't break by being thrown at a car unless it was frozen and brittle and then there would be more than just the bottom of it. I've broken more than a few of those. The sides tend to split; the bottom doesn't fracture off like that. Could just be random trash.

OHara testifies they searched the scene from 5 - 6:15.

Says they may not have found everything. Wanted to return again when there’s some snow melt.

OHara now explaining how evidence is secured.Expect a red solo cup/Stoppie grocery bag if there’s a cross.

The jurors have heard that pieces of taillight were found well after the incident. OHara’s testimony here could support that claim.

@SueNBCBoston
I think the smaller pieces were placed in a Dixie cup.

Maybe but I'm pretty sure a plastic glass, even a stiff one, wouldn't break by being thrown at a car unless it was frozen and brittle and then there would be more than just the bottom of it. I've broken more than a few of those. The sides tend to split; the bottom doesn't fracture off like that. Could just be random trash.
where do you get it was plastic?

Interesting theory. And almost might be a possibility. One would need to know the location of all pieces of glass (from the supposed drinking glass) and damage to all points of the vehicle. That would include the metal panels and taillight lens itself. And all shards and where they wound up, and points of alleged damage.

If the glass was in one’s hand, and they took a hard swipe or swat at a lens it might break it. But I would think it would also possibly lacerate the hand or cause bruising? And also damage or break the glass itself? Could depend on how robust it was. Difficult to tell if it might have hit any body panels; IMO the pictures shown of supposed damage to the rear bumper or rear quarter panel? were too grainy and non specific to tell. MOO

As a juror I might consider that this testimony looks bad for KR. Assuming they don’t know as much as we do. But you make a good point — I’d like to know how tall the SUV was vs JO’s height. Curiosity.

Eta: and what’s up with the wounds on his arms? He didn’t have a coat, but he had a sweatshirt on, didn’t he?
And... there's no body damage to her SUV.

The purposeful and duly noted undermining of Trooper Michael Proctor by Alan Jackson today was brilliant, IMO. It appears as though Lally and Co do not want Proctors name mentioned at all, while they bring all the additional MSP witnesses to the stand. They certainly cringe and object often enough, when his name is even stated out loud. AJ was certainly doing his best to get each witness today to say his name. Hoping the jury caught the last question " Whose signature is on the bottom of that page?" Although the question was sustained, the jury can only guess where AJ was going with attempting to elicit that answer. I believe the jury will infer correctly.

It was a checkmate move.
MOO

Very true! I just can't see the whole Albert/McCabe clan covering for BH if he acted alone in taking JO out. With that said, BH is definitely in this up to his eyeballs, as witnessed by all his activity the following day and later destruction of his phone.

I am by no means saying it is not possible, just that I do not consider it at this time. I am still waiting on the actual time that BH clocked in at the PD that morning because I feel it was later than his supposed 12:30-1:00 am timeframe.
Is Brian Higgins under FBI investigation?
I thought so. Brian Albert also destroyed his phone, I feel like these two were linked together somehow and had the same info on their phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1