MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning break. At this time, if I was on the jury I would be screaming inside " WHERE is Michael Proctor ?" They know he is lead Detective on the case by now. They know he was the procurer of the evidence. Where is his testimony? The longer Lally delays his appearance, the more suspicious they will be. Not a good look for the CW.

By my count that evidence bag would have contained one (1) large piece red and one (1) small piece red - both of the lens cover. (Plus the black piece, likely ABS plastic or the like, from the light housing.)

That is two pieces of red lens. I hope there is a tally somewhere of all the pieces and collection times, locations, etc. (And perhaps an approximate measure should have been noted for each piece collected too, for example in cms, mms, or inches. To reduce or eliminate confusion or error, or doubt.) MOO

However, I do expect to hear more about these pieces when the trial resumes, so I'll hold off on judging their impact until the testimony on this item (including cross) is complete.

So in some of the discussion yesterday, Vallier's statement about finding plastic embedded in John's clothing was called "damning evidence".

In cross today we learned that Vallier never saw the t-shirt, only the debris from the shirt. Also the evidence was delivered to the lab by Michael Proctor and not until March 14. She didn't know how the plastic was gathered from the shirt and under what conditions. We're not even sure if it came from the orange tee shirt or the grey sweatshirt.

So, I think it illustrates why it's important to wait for cross. Maybe after Proctor testifies (if he does) we'll find the evidence is in fact "damning", but based on what the lab tech said I wouldn't characterize it that way.

Last edited:
Morning break. At this time, if I was on the jury I would be screaming inside " WHERE is Michael Proctor ?" They know he is lead Detective on the case by now. They know he was the procurer of the evidence. Where is his testimony? The longer Lally delays his appearance, the more suspicious they will be. Not a good look for the CW.
Typically in a trial, lead investigator is first witness called. But, then nothing is typical with the CW's case. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill