GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@ManhattanDA says Trump's gag order should remain in effect "at least through the sentencing hearing" and post-trial motions. DA disputes the idea that shielding trial proceedings was the court's only rationale.

Justice Merchan approved full briefing on Trump's motion to terminate his gag order, according to his defense team.

Could Trump go to prison after his guilty verdict in hush money trial? - Reuters'

The answer is yes, he could. But imo, it's unlikely. The most he would get is home confinement.

However, there is alot of reason to think it won't just be probation. There's that the election fraud aspect of the case makes it more serious than the typical falsifying records case. But the judge can take anything about their history into question when considering sentence. He can consider Trump's contempt for the court at every step in this case and in all the other cases he's involved with. He can consider all the various judgments against him for really the same kind of contempt for the rule of law. And Merchan was the judge in the Trump Org tax fraud trial that resulted in Weisselberg's imprisonment. I would also consider all the shady company he keeps, many of whom he corruptly pardoned in another show of contempt for the rule of law. Merchan is even also the judge in Steve Bannon's fraud case (coming up for trial in September), so he should know all about all his many lawless henchmen.

FDT should be incarcerated imo, but won't be because of the special treatment he enjoys. jmo

Well… it appears 12 jurors believed. They heard and saw ALL the evidence. We didn’t.
I'm surprised that they believed a serial liar.

Seven hours of withering cross-examination painted Cohen, the key witness in the trial, as a habitual liar bent on seeing his former boss jailed, and determined to make money off the case in the meantime.

Most billionaires definitely care about money!

It doesn't need to be tax related in terms of campaign donations, or at all -- think of all the ways a president can enact/support/prohibit rules that benefit the rich. Especially the rich who are involved in industry -- he's already out there promising the oil industry that if re-elected he will remove environmental rules and other regulations that cost that industry money. Any industrial billionaire would want the president to feel obligated to "thank" the industry for financial support leading to his election.

MOO
I think that anyone who looks at this case can side with President Trump and give him support. No matter what their social status is.

Whether they are a billionaire or someone like me getting by on Social Security. JMO.

In my opinion, the change of venue argument really only comes in BEFORE the trial, when one side or the other may argue that it would be more difficult/take longer to seat a jury that is acceptable to both sides.

To make that argument on appeal, after that time/money has been spent, suggests that one side thinks the jury was in fact biased *even though both sides approved each juror.* This strikes me as a very difficult appeal argument to make successfully, though IANAL. MOO.
President Trumps lawyers lost the change of venue bid so they had no choice but to accept a Manhattan jury. JMO.

I think that anyone who looks at this case can side with President Trump and give him support. No matter what their social status is.

Whether they are a billionaire or someone like me getting by on Social Security. JMO.

Do you think you could understand why some people can't?

Life long New Yorker here. The man has been a well known crook, liar, manipulator, abuser and plain old scam artist for as long as I can remember back into the early 80s. Way back when he was a registered democrat. Actually, he still identified as a democrat up until 2015. I'm saying this because people have been led to believe this is a democrat/republican thing. It's not. The man will adjust to whatever suits his needs. How he has been propped up and how we arrived at this partisan mess we are in baffles me. If anything, I'm concerned that his supporters don't see an issue with how divided we are as a country and they don't put their eggs behind someone - anyone else who isn't a convicted rapist and convicted felon just to move past this stain on our history. If DJT was as smart as he claims, he wouldn't be in the position he is in now. Instead, we've got people who choose to believe the problem is each and every single one of the hundreds if not thousands of people he has chosen to surround himself with instead of himself. He doesn't seem so smart to me. Baffling. MOO.

Life long New Yorker here. The man has been a well known crook, liar, manipulator, abuser and plain old scam artist for as long as I can remember back into the early 80s. Way back when he was a registered democrat. Actually, he still identified as a democrat up until 2015. I'm saying this because people have been led to believe this is a democrat/republican thing. It's not. The man will adjust to whatever suits his needs. How he has been propped up and how we arrived at this partisan mess we are in baffles me. If anything, I'm concerned that his supporters don't see an issue with how divided we are as a country and they don't put their eggs behind someone - anyone else who isn't a convicted rapist and convicted felon just to move past this stain on our history. If DJT was as smart as he claims, he wouldn't be in the position he is in now. Instead, we've got people who choose to believe the problem is each and every single one of the hundreds if not thousands of people he has chosen to surround himself with instead of himself. He doesn't seem so smart to me. Baffling. MOO.
I understand and have zero problem with people who disagree with me. JMO.

BBM

He has not been convicted of rape and that was a civil trial with much lower standard, not reasonable doubt standard.

No violent felony convictions.

I'm surprised that they believed a serial liar.

Wasn't just MC testimony.
David Pecker corroborated, written docunents supported.

MOO
DT knew republicans of that time (2016) would care that he was the type of guy that is with a *advertiser censored* star and others while has a wife with new baby at home.
Now they don't. MOO so overall it's a DT W.

Trump again suggests political opponents may face prosecution, too​

Updated June 5, 2024 at 12:28 p.m. EDT|Published June 4, 2024 at 11:16 p.m. EDT

In an interview with Newsmax that aired Tuesday evening, the former president said “it’s a terrible, terrible path that they’re leading us to, and it’s very possible that it’s going to have to happen to them.”

[…]

A representative for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment. A spokesman for Biden’s campaign, James Singer, said in a statement Wednesday that Trump’s comments were proof that he will “seek revenge on anyone who opposes him.”

Trump has made payback for opponents central to his campaign, at one point declaring to a crowd: “I am your retribution.” In private, has told advisers and friends that he wants the Justice Department to investigate specific former aides and allies who are now critical of him, The Washington Post previously reported. And he has promised to appoint a special prosecutor to scrutinize Biden and his family.

[…]

President Trumps lawyers lost the change of venue bid so they had no choice but to accept a Manhattan jury. JMO.

If trump could have kept his mouth shut and not whipped up a media frenzy, he might have had a chance at a change of venue.
As it was, the entire world knew what his opinions were about the upcoming trial. There was nowhere that wasn't exposed to his loud opinions. imo

"Wu added that Trump, who regularly rails against the case on social media and the campaign trail, is responsible for the media frenzy. He cannot drum up a media circus and then use that publicity to seek a change of trial venue ... "

Trump again suggests political opponents may face prosecution, too​

Updated June 5, 2024 at 12:28 p.m. EDT|Published June 4, 2024 at 11:16 p.m. EDT

In an interview with Newsmax that aired Tuesday evening, the former president said “it’s a terrible, terrible path that they’re leading us to, and it’s very possible that it’s going to have to happen to them.”

[…]

A representative for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment. A spokesman for Biden’s campaign, James Singer, said in a statement Wednesday that Trump’s comments were proof that he will “seek revenge on anyone who opposes him.”

Trump has made payback for opponents central to his campaign, at one point declaring to a crowd: “I am your retribution.” In private, has told advisers and friends that he wants the Justice Department to investigate specific former aides and allies who are now critical of him, The Washington Post previously reported. And he has promised to appoint a special prosecutor to scrutinize Biden and his family.

[…]

Every time he opens his mouth he exposes himself as a sorry excuse for a human being. Petty, paranoid, sociopathic.

I hope the judge takes into consideration while sentencing that the convicted felon refuses to acknowledge any wrong doing of any kind........ever.

Every time he opens his mouth he exposes himself as a sorry excuse for a human being. Petty, paranoid, sociopathic.

I hope the judge takes into consideration while sentencing that the convicted felon refuses to acknowledge any wrong doing of any kind........ever.
He couldn’t even wait for the sentencing before starting the crazy talk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larooca