MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this data definitely exist? I can't find any MSM articles anywhere that mention it and Lally's opening argument was so dreary and inaudible I physically couldn't understand hardly any of it, so I don't know if he said they would see data from the Lexus in the trial.
Good question. I'm just assuming they will use the telematics data to show how they came to their conclusion in regards to the car reversing for that distance.

@BienickWCVB

#KarenRead Good morning. Day 21 of testimony. We expect to hear more from state police investigation Yuri Bukhenik. On Wednesday, he testified about surveillance video showing Read's SUV and the number of drinks she had the night before O'Keefe died.

The courtroom is cooler since court staff brought in two portable a/c units. But they also make noise and make it harder to hear. That's why judge Beverly Cannone keeps telling attorneys and witnesses to "keep your voice up."

Good question. I'm just assuming they will use the telematics data to show how they came to their conclusion in regards to the car reversing for that distance.

Wouldn't that be a focus here? Why has it never been mentioned? Why are we hearing endless nonsense about glass jigsaw puzzles if they had a good working theory they could prove using vehicle data?

Where is the accident reconstructionist who can connect all of the prosecution's weird dots? 50 something witnesses, and still no story?

@BienickWCVB

The courtroom is cooler since court staff brought in two portable a/c units. But they also make noise and make it harder to hear. That's why judge Beverly Cannone keeps telling attorneys and witnesses to "keep your voice up."

Bev, send Bailiff Jim to Best Buy to get some microphones. There's one on Route 1.

In court: Day 21 of testimony in the #KarenReadTrial. Mass. State Police Sgt. Yuriy Bukhenik is expected back on the stand for more direct exam. Yesterday's testimony ended with jury viewing surveillance that shows John O'Keefe leaving the Waterfall with a glass in his hand.

1717680350071.png

1717680366624.png

@TedDanielnews

ADA Lally begins where he left off. The drink count. Sgt. Yuri Bukhenik (YB) says KR had 9 at both bars.-YB then asked about ring video from JO's home. He says two videos missing including one he says would have shown KR showing Kerry Roberts and Jen McCabe damage to her taillight.

In previous testimony, JO's niece and nephew said KR was offered log in to JO's computer but did not have/want it

1717680534859.png

Bukhenik is back on the stand. He says the bar video shows nine drinks being consumed by Read. He says doorbell camera video from O'Keefe's home has missing sections, including when Read showed Jen McCabe damage to her taillight.

Bukhenik says he and other troopers went back to 34 Fairview Rd on 2/3/22 to do a secondary search of the property. Says they brought shovels, rakes and were specifically looking for O'Keefe's ballcap. Says they found cap, drinking straw & plastic pieces near flagpole.

@BienickWCVB

@JHall7news

We located a baseball hat - drinking glass straw - pieces of red and clear plastic on the grass portion of the yard near the flagpole of 34 Fairview.

Det Bukhenik views a series of photos of the evidence police say they found near the flagpole at 34 Fairview (Brian Albert's home, since sold)

Yes BUT only on crime shows is there always evidence that is usable.
In the real world quite often evidence is not upstanding for varying reasons.

There is plenty of evidence incriminating Karen that is dismissed by the pro Karen crowd.
It's planted!!! the procedure's faulty!! collection wasn't done correctly!! Just because she said it doesn't mean she meant it!!

Can't have it both ways.

moo
I get what you're saying.

BUT, the cops and witnesses did do things during the investigation that if called 'half-assed' or a 'conspiracy', might not be true but isn't without supporting evidence. It appears that someone leaked warrant info, giving time for witnesses to get rid of cell phones and a number of explanations for some of the events, like the 'butt dials' and 'butt answers' don't exactly sound truthful. The cops apparently did a sloppy job at the accident site. It appears not a single picture was taken. I've worked military accidents (helo and humvee crashes) and SSE (sensitive site exploitation). The first thing you do is take pictures. A LOT of pictures. Even if it's just with a cell phone.

Then we get into the apparent misconduct by the lead investigator and his early fixation on KR (not just investigative fixation either).

All of which adds up to some pretty big holes in the investigation and a valid basis some people to think there might be some sort of conspiracy or coordinated effort to either throw KR under the bus, or hide something involving the witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper