MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just some back of the napkin calculations on what KR's BAC could have been at time of incident:

BAC is reduced at a rate of 0.015 per hour.

Source: Alcohol Metabolism

Assume that KR's last drink was at 12 midnight.

She had a BAC of 0.093 at 9AM when tested at the hospital. See source below.

Multiply the 9 hours between 12 midnight and 9 AM by the 0.015 hourly reduction rate. The result is 0.135.

Add this 0.135 reduction to the 0.093 when tested and the result is 0.228.

This 0.228 is POSSIBLY what her BAC could have been at midnight of incident.

Again, this is just an estimate of what her BAC could have been at midnight and assumes that she did not drink at anytime after the incident at 34 Fairview and and does not take into account factors such as food eaten before she was tested at 9 AM at the hopsital, her size, weight, etc. Please see the source for BAC reduction rate.

And MOO

Source of KR's BAC at hospital when tested:

Karen Read's blood alcohol level

Justin Rice, who was an emergency room doctor at Good Samaritan Hospital in Brockton when O'Keefe died, took the stand on Tuesday.
Rice treated Read the morning of January 29, 2022.
She was brought to the hospital just before 8 a.m. under a "Section 12" order. Rice described it as an "involuntarily detention," usually over a mental health concern.
Rice said bloodwork was performed on Read. She had a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 93 milligrams per deciliter, or 0.093%. The legal BAC limit in Massachusetts for driving is 0.08%.
Doesn't look good.:rolleyes:
Combined with the video footage of her reversing into a car and driving off.....:eek:
Waking up friends to go back to the scene of the crime.....in a different car.:confused:

Drunk as a skunk is the most probable.:mad:

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned......or drunk.... or both..... :oops:

Then out of her own mouth. I hit him.:(

Based upon what evidence would you say so far? TIA
"Occam’s razor is a principle often attributed to 14th–century friar William of Ockham that says that if you have two competing ideas to explain the same phenomenon, you should prefer the simpler one.".

KR herself stated that she "hit him", and then drove off. Case closed.

Doesn't look good.:rolleyes:
Combined with the video footage of her reversing into a car and driving off.....:eek:
Waking up friends to go back to the scene of the crime.....in a different car.:confused:

Drunk as a skunk is the most probable.:mad:

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned......or drunk.... or both..... :oops:

Then out of her own mouth. I hit him.:(
The fact that she said to multiple people "did I hit him", "I hit him" was enough for me to know that she definitely did hit him. At the beginning of the trial I thought it would be likely to be an accident, however as evidence is starting to come out, I'm not so sure anymore. I am waiting to hear from the experts who recreate accident scenes, and also waiting to see expert testimony regarding the telematics data.

One thing that has stood out to me is how she knew her tail light was cracked/broken? It would have been dark and blizzard conditions when she left the home to go and find him? Why did she check her taillights? The only reason in my opinion is that she knew that she'd hit him.

"Occam’s razor is a principle often attributed to 14th–century friar William of Ockham that says that if you have two competing ideas to explain the same phenomenon, you should prefer the simpler one.".

Next time I'm on jury duty I'll tell them not to present any evidence, that I'm just gonna vote based off of Occam's razor. JMO

About the damage vs injuries, really who knows exactly how these things happen. However if pieces of her tail light are found with his body like they said today …..it’s pretty clear he was hit by her car. Throw all the other evidence out and it’s still a pretty clear picture.
Now the defense would like you to believe that damage was from backing into JO’s car, yet no pieces are seen there and it was just a tap.
Thing is, no evidence yesterday that anyone checked the ground around JO's car. It's simply not good enough for Burkheim (sp?) to say he sees no damage to JO's vehicle and no red pieces near it. It means nothing,as no one can draw any conclusions from that video other than the lexus did impact with JO's vehicle (it is clear it did as JO's car rocks/moves imo). I feel that defense will certainly raise this during cross and also may have video of passenger side tail light from another angle which shows it prior to reverse and impact with JO's car. If so, not sure if defense would introduce on cross or later when it's their turn. All moo.

The evidence collection is so contrived and basically undocumented. No photos or evidence markers or rulers next to pieces found in the yard. And then hand delivered, mostly by proctor on various days, evidence that could have been anywhere. And now we are told, after all this time, he is not really the lead detective but only a part of the team. JMOO

The evidence collection is so contrived and basically undocumented. No photos or evidence markers or rulers next to pieces found in the yard. And then hand delivered, mostly by proctor on various days, evidence that could have been anywhere. And now we are told, after all this time, he is not really the lead detective but only a part of the team. JMOO

Don't forget that neat little zoomed in/mirrored image trick with the sally port video.

That testimony was what KR stated in her version of events when asked what happened that night. I'm waiting to see the evidence from the telematics data.
Does this data definitely exist? I can't find any MSM articles anywhere that mention it and Lally's opening argument was so dreary and inaudible I physically couldn't understand hardly any of it, so I don't know if he said they would see data from the Lexus in the trial.

You can prefer what you like, but your preference may not be what actually happened. And you may not have the full facts, and you don't here. The principal really deals with odds, not conclusions, and only when full facts are in evidence. It's a misuse of the principal to use it when you're missing so many facts.

I'm still waiting for actual photos of the taillight before it landed improperly at the Canton PD sallyport garage. The poor quality video of it being pulled from Dighton clearly shows a lot of red and fits much more with Kerry Roberts testimony (who by the way, did not hear "I hit him") that there was only a small hole in the taillight.

Why weren't clear "before" photos taken of her taillight before it was manipulated? This one should have been a no-brainer. And yet, we haven't seen them.

Why weren't taillight searches and "finds" over the coming days documented? Why didn't the Canton Police find a single place during the early search?

Why is the prosecution making such a deal over glass pieces that don't match?

Why is the lead prosecutor - the one who "collected" the vast majority of evidence - unable to testify?

And let's not forget we've got a lot of people who have lied and been evasive on the stand, and some intentionally destroyed evidence. Why?

How did a taillight on it's own knock a 220 pound man sideways, never mind knock him 12 feet sideways? There's no body damage to the vehicle.

How did a taillight on it's own cause all of the documented injuries?

How does a drunk woman back up over 60 feet at 24 mph on a curve and hit a stationary target who for some reason decides to stand and the road in wait for it to happen?

Again, prefer what you want. But you can't apply Occam's razor without addressing the above.

@JHall7news

Good morning! It's day 21 of the #karenreadtrial in Norfolk Superior Court. The Judge has said we will just be going until noon today, and there will be no court session tomorrow. We are waiting on Judge Cannone and the 17 members of the jury.

(5 will be alternates but they dont know which 5 yet) A foreman has been chosen according to the court clerk

A state trooper, Det Sgt Yuriy Bukhenik, will be back on the stand. When we left off yesterday he was going over the suspected vodka drinks Karen Read consumed at 2 Canton bars in the hours before the alleged murder.

1717679719979.png

Someone asked many pages back about John O'Keefe's family's thoughts:

@JohnDePetroshow

I spoke with members of the O’Keefe family in the hallway during the break who told me it is “ crystal clear what happened, and now the world is finding out what we already know.”

3:13 PM · Jun 5, 2024
I feel bad for the family, but I don't, in the context of the trial, care what they have to say unless they are witnesses. They suffered a terrible loss, when that happens, people want someone to blame. And this botched investigation made sure that person was always going to be KR, rightly or wrongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67