MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Randoms thoughts to come as I read through yesterday's testimony:
WTH about the cocktail glass? So there were glass shards at the crime scene, glass shards on the bumper, but they don't match? Do I have that correct? Why did they even present that evidence??

KR was blitzed. That is 100% certain, no matter what your tolerance is, a woman of KR's size cannot take 7 shots in less than 2 hours and not be tanked. I can now see why she might have thought she hit him. And maybe she did. We'll never know.
IMO

Jackson shows document showing Ring corporation sent police videos, account info and activity log. Bukhenik confirms that nothing provided by Ring showed Read accessed the camera system.

Bukhenik corrects Jackson after he mistakenly calls him "Trooper Proctor" then mispronounces his name.

Jackson asks if Bukhenik's initial understanding was that O'Keefe had been hit in the face. Bukhenik responds he'd been told by first responders that Read said she'd hit him.

"I communicated our suspicions to the medical examiners office," Bukhenik testifies. Says they suspected O'Keefe might have died from physical altercation due to domestic situation.

Bukhenik says he didn't secure the inside of the home at 34 Fairview Rd, which Jackson calls a "potential crime scene."

@BienickWCVB

KR was blitzed. That is 100% certain, no matter what your tolerance is, a woman of KR's size cannot take 7 shots in less than 2 hours and not be tanked. I can now see why she might have thought she hit him. And maybe she did. We'll never know.
IMO
It does seem like she was drunk but I want to hear about her car's telematics, the accident reconstruction experts, and experts as to his injuries before I conclude that it is possible she hit him.

It does seem like she was drunk but I want to hear about her car's telematics, the accident reconstruction experts, and experts as to his injuries before I conclude that it is possible she hit him.
All I'm saying is her behavior that morning is much more explainable by post-blackout haze of "wth happened last night" as opposed to a murder confession. IMO.
I highly doubt the defense is going to be able to produce experts to say that it is completely impossible that she hit him. But maybe.
IMO

Definitively, driving illegally due to being under the influence.

AJ has passion, he is like a kid in a candy store. I like that.
Something that I've not seen w/ADA, thus far.
moo

All I'm saying is her behavior that morning is much more explainable by post-blackout haze of "wth happened last night" as opposed to a murder confession. IMO.
I highly doubt the defense is going to be able to produce experts to say that it is completely impossible that she hit him. But maybe.
IMO

Have you been made aware of the information regarding this topic provided by the FBI investigation?

@BienickWCVB

Jackson hands Bukhenik the evidence bags containing O'Keefe's clothing. The labels indicate it was Proctor who placed the clothing in the bags.

Bukhenik confirms label shows the clothing was bagged on Feb 4, six days after they were first recovered from Good Samaritan Hospital. Says the items were drying during that time.

Jackson says the clothing was not officially logged in as evidence at the crime lab until March 14. Bukhenik says the items were "documented" at each step of the process.

Jackson says Canton Police Chief Berkowitz had been driving by the scene and noticed items in the yard. Says this was after the police department had recused itself because the Alberts are related to Canton police officer.

1717685876597.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member