Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surgical drape? You can get these online it seems but I wonder where it came from? Did he buy surgical drapes just for this or what? MOO.

ETA: I see this was 2003. You could probably still get these online but not as easily as 2024.
Not sure if someone responded already (I took just a few days off from the forum and am catching up) but if I am not mistaken AE is/was a nurse and worked in a hospital/healthcare setting. Could be an easy way to gain access to surgical drapes.

I don’t know about you guys, but this is even far more horrific than I was expecting out of today’s announcement. I was thinking maybe RH was responsible for all or most of the victims, maybe not. And that he sexually assaulted, strangled, and dumped like a lot of garden variety SKs. This is a whole other level. A literal horror movie come to life. I’m just reeling.
I'm a literal zombie today, not able to process the horror and shock. I am just shook

I so wish some of the makes would come back. It would be interesting to hear how they’ve reacted to these revelations and outcomes. Gilgo and Manorville connected, North Shore connected. The questions surrounding Bitrolf. I’d love to hear from Seaslug, PS149, Inspectogadget, Hawkshaw, LINatice, Carbuff and others.

It still concerns me that RH, due to how much he followed media and forums about his murders, was contributing here- possibly misleading us, even giving details but trying to do so to make us look at other people. I wonder if we’ll ever know.

I have never forgotten how either Carbuff or Seaslug found that older Google image of the green truck pulled to the shoulder in the area where the GB4 were ultimately discovered.

We have tried so hard and been so close. So many saw the Massapequa connection, the motel circuit, and the hunter connections. Imagine if LE had followed DS’s leads. We even knew about DS’s comments of the guy, his size and possible truck- as far back as 2011.
I'm one of the LISK OGs with you all. I'm here... just beyond shaken up after today. Quietly following and posting occasionally since July 14th. I was interviewed for a documentary/CW show that never aired.

Like Bundy, their sadism is a sexual drive. It's for sexual gratification. Their sexual desires become so twisted that they become incapable of being stimulated unless they're subjecting victims to terrible forms of torture, sadism, dismemberment or, in Bundy's case, necrophilia (also Dahmer). It's all about sexual satisfaction, addiction.

JMO, It's not about anger or being treated badly in childhood by their mother or first grade teacher, etc. Its abnormal, dangerous, violent sexual addiction. In some cases, its believed to be linked to some types of brain damage or other abnormality. A test would show if that's the case with Rex.
Time will tell, hopefully.

The "Problems" column shows a bulleted list that includes "hair & fiber," "DNA," "finger prints in gloves" and "blood stains," according to the indictment. Under "Supplies," the list includes "saw / cutting tools," "lie / acid," "burn can" and a police scanner.
You guys are probably tired of my comparisons but I was not surprised when I saw police scanner. Israel Keyes used one also on at least his last victim but probably more of them. He also checked crime stoppers and the FBI’s missing persons website.

I’m on my second username (OnTheCase27 was the former) and I have taken long breaks from the case but I would too be interested in hearing from them. Also Petr Brandt who went on to write SK novels I believe. There’s a few of us OG’s still hanging out. Of course I believe Mountain Cat, Fred&Edna and you were all here before me.

I always felt like DS was the key to this investigation and he was. He gave LE good info and they sat on it forever.
I so wish some of the males would come back. It would be interesting to hear how they’ve reacted to these revelations and outcomes. Gilgo and Manorville connected, North Shore connected. The questions surrounding Bitrolf. I’d love to hear from Seaslug, PS149, Inspectogadget, Hawkshaw, LINatice, Carbuff and others.

It still concerns me that RH, due to how much he followed media and forums about his murders, was contributing here- possibly misleading us, even giving details but trying to do so to make us look at other people. I wonder if we’ll ever know.

I have never forgotten how either Carbuff or Seaslug found that older Google image of the green truck pulled to the shoulder in the area where the GB4 were ultimately discovered.

We have tried so hard and been so close. So many saw the Massapequa connection, the motel circuit, and the hunter connections. Imagine if LE had followed DS’s leads. We even knew about DS’s comments of the guy, his size and possible truck- as far back as 2011.

I’m on my second username (OnTheCase27 was the former) and I have taken long breaks from the case but I would too be interested in hearing from them. Also Petr Brandt who went on to write SK novels I believe. There’s a few of us OG’s still hanging out. Of course I believe Mountain Cat, Fred&Edna and you were all here before me.

I always felt like DS was the key to this investigation and he was. He gave LE good info and they sat on it forever.
I think they dismissed him because of his lifestyle. Johnny Terry (MBB’s boyfriend) too. I’d like to know how many people related to or working with or around KW ended up coming into contact with RH. I just get the feeling that RH was stalking and torturing the BF/Pimps, too.

I'm one of the LISK OGs with you all. I'm here... just beyond shaken up after today. Quietly following and posting occasionally since July 14th. I was interviewed for a documentary/CW show that never aired.
I’ve been here all along too (with breaks here and there). This most recent development has shaken me to my core. It’s worse than I imagined. These poor souls. He is truly a monster and I am so grateful that LE is finally bringing him to justice.

In 2023 during the first raid on the house they found the basement. Media came out calling it a torture chamber. But, were immediately chastised by others saying "just because there are guns we can't assume a torture room is there"....

When in reality.....it was.

If I went on vacation while my husband tortured and murdered someone in our basement, I couldn't return and not realize something had happened in my home. I don't know how someone could be oblivious to that.

I so wish some of the males would come back. It would be interesting to hear how they’ve reacted to these revelations and outcomes. Gilgo and Manorville connected, North Shore connected. The questions surrounding Bitrolf. I’d love to hear from Seaslug, PS149, Inspectogadget, Hawkshaw, LINative, Carbuff and others.

It still concerns me that RH, due to how much he followed media and forums about his murders, was was possibly contributing here- possibly misleading us, even giving details but trying to do so to make us look at other people. I wonder if we’ll ever know.

What torments me is constantly wondering how many victims might have come AFTER Amber, and how many of their lives might have been spared if it weren't for Burke and Spota. That fills me with a level of anger I don't even know how to describe.

Last edited:
IIUC, Jessica suffered 25 sharp force injuries and they were postmortem.

She was already dead, so what was the motivation behind so many sharp force assaults? Rage, anger, hate? If so, against whom? If not, was it unspent excitement? Or, was it more practical - like his detailed written out plans - blows intended for cutting up her body for transportation and disposal?
Altering the appearance of "the painting" like the notes he took from Mindhunter.

I get the sense that RH is very connected to word and plans on paper. It’s not a surprise for an architect and reportedly, this guy has practically committed to memory obscure and differing rules and regulations relevant to buildings built over a long span of years in NYC. So, to me, the attempt to think of everything and to write it all out fits with that aspect of his personality.

What I am having a hard time getting my head around is his relationship to his victims. The sadism - torturing them while they are living with the overlying threat that they will ultimately die - seems like an over-connection - kind of Bundy-like. Like these women are substitutes for someone he feels primal rage toward and he is acting that out on them and gaining satisfaction or relief from their suffering. But, the postmortem sharp force injuries and the kind of experimenting with methodology, seems more Dahmer-like - totally disassociated from the humanity of the victims, like they are as meaningless as words on paper and he is curiously exploring them.

ETA: it may be that RH is very proud of what he has accomplished and that he has escaped notice for so long.
I'm not familiar with studies done on the whys and ways of a sadistic serial killer and what consensus shows.

One thing that I, like many, do know is that RH is one lucky evil *advertiser censored* because if Suffolk County hadn't been governed by self-serving entitled, corrupt,perverted individuals and their enablers RH would have been caught years ago.

You may prefer not to answer, but were you by any chance Mrs. PC back then ? That poster was smart as a whip and I wondered what ever happened to her.

I also think Harrison knows a lot more about serial killings of women on LI than some give him credit for. JMO, he wanted to work with John to send the message that LE need to build trust with sex workers and listen to valuable information they can share about the killers and other predators out there. Most large LE jurisdictions started doing this decades ago.
Perhaps a terrible request, but would anyone be willing to come up with a "character" list for those of us just trying to reconnect with this case yet don't have the time to read through 11 threads?

If not, I totally understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member