MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, it's almost as if the CW was committing fraud in the courtroom! MOO

This poor jury has been swimming in reasonable doubt, and yesterday after the video sham was revealed these poor people are now reaching for scuba tanks and goggles. Make it stop !!!

MOO

I wonder if after the trial any of the jurors will tell us just what went through their minds when the truth came out about the mirrored video. And the redirect testimony YB gave. Were they shocked, angry, suspicious or something else. I have never seen the state knowingly present altered evidence and then get called out on it like what just happened.

The court appeared to show a mirror image of the sallyport, as the number four was inverted on the wall. Jackson at one point asked Bukhenik if the video was backward.

"It's a mirror image," Bukhenik said. "It's accurate. I don't know why it's that way."

There are times watching Lally when I think back on a collection of book reviews and essays by Martin Amis.

In one review MA writes of reading a bad book "with much dropping of the head and rolling of the eyes, and with considerable fanning of the armpits".

That is me watching Lally.

@JHall7news

In the Karen Read murder trial, a new motion from the Commonwealth. It says the defense is not playing fair and intentionally delayed telling prosecutors about an expert witness.They want the judge to exclude the witness, an ER doc named Marie Russell who has treated ….

Why, it's almost as if the CW was committing fraud in the courtroom! MOO

This poor jury has been swimming in reasonable doubt, and yesterday after the video sham was revealed these poor people are now reaching for scuba tanks and goggles. Make it stop !!!

MOO

I believe I read a reporter's tweet yesterday from in the courtroom that said when this sally port video stuff came out, jurors were looking at each other with a "WTF look"

Yes, waiting to hear from the ME on how JO didn't die

O’Keefe’s injuries​

According to prosecutors, a doctor with the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner documented wounds on O’Keefe’s right forearm, two swollen black eyes, cuts on his face and the back of his head, and multiple skull fractures that led to bleeding in his brain.

“The doctor opined that the extensive injuries to his head likely rendered Mr. O’Keefe incapacitated,” prosecutors said in a February court filing. “The doctor further opined that upon viewing Mr. O’Keefe’s injuries and her examination of the body, she observed no signs of Mr. O’Keefe being involved in any type of physical altercation or fight.”
Yeah it sounds odd that an ME would specifically "opine" about what didn't happen to a body.
Did the defense ever get to hire independent experts to do a second autopsy?

I wonder if after the trial any of the jurors will tell us just what went through their minds when the truth came out about the mirrored video. And the redirect testimony YB gave. Were they shocked, angry, suspicious or something else. I have never seen the state knowingly present altered evidence and then get called out on it like what just happened.

The court appeared to show a mirror image of the sallyport, as the number four was inverted on the wall. Jackson at one point asked Bukhenik if the video was backward.

"It's a mirror image," Bukhenik said. "It's accurate. I don't know why it's that way."

Yeah, I forgot about re-direct from Lally regarding the sally port video. He's got to be chain smoking right now trying to come up with an excuse to present to the jury. But sorry Lally, that wasn't just a bell rung in court on 6/6/24...that was a GONG hit.

Hos long to die in the cold?

Those aren't just words someone may or may not have said. They're words that were typed by someone at 2:27 am who knew at that very moment John O'Keefe was dying on the front lawn of Brian and Nicole Albert.

Bukhenik also talked about a secondary search at 34 Fairview on Feb. 3 that was made once the snow started melting. He said more pieces of tailight were found, as well as a drinking straw in the road and O'Keefe's hat. Most of O'Keefe's family was crying as Bukhenik showed the hat to the jury.

The jury also heard audio of Read after she was arrested in June 2022 for the second time following a grand jury indictment for murder.

"Okay you're aware he was beaten up by Brian and Colin Albert? I mean, we're all in on the same joke, right?" Read tells Bukhenik. "My taillight was cracked and John...was pulverized."

What's the schedule for the Karen Read murder trial this week?​

After a half day of testimony on Thursday, there is no court in session on Friday. But next week, Judge Cannone appears poised to move the trial along.

Full days of testimony are planned for Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Nothing is scheduled for Tuesday.

Cannone has started shortening the jury's lunch breaks to about 30 minutes, and is continuing proceedings for an extra half hour until 4:30 p.m. on full days of testimony.

I don't think there is anyone here who will argue that the frame up alleged by Karen Read's defense is, frankly, insane. And does, to some extent require a rather flamboyant pair of attorneys to argue it in court.

It's not insane or unheard of for American cops to plant drugs or weapons on would-be suspects to frame them. But to stage an incredibly elaborate murder cover up requiring a large number of eyewitnesses from a variety of different backgrounds to collude together and lie to authorities, and for the authorities themselves to deliberately enable this behavior for two whole years in order to frame one person for a murder is crazy!

99 times out of 100 I would never personally buy into something like this. But this one really looks like one of the 1 in 100 that has some serious weight!

I can understand why people want to dismiss the frame up narrative based on its' wild premise alone. But seriously, look a bit deeper and more objectively. There are many, many problems with every single aspect of the case against Karen Read.

JMO (edit)

The sloppy, tainted and lazy crime scene investigation is enough for me to say Not Guilty. You can add the sprinkled conspiracy stories to it, but it certainly isn't needed in this case.

" We never had a crime scene in the snow" ( Sure, Jan...in MA?)

Leaf Blowers, Solo Cups and Stop&Shop bags

No evidence logs?

And, just for kicks. Pictures!! ( Proof )

For the love of my Garden, I took more pictures for documentation when a tree fell on my roof and front porch than these clowns did. I had every angle, and wide lens shot I could. Date and time included.

The whole thing was a sham. This was a documented how NOT to plant evidence if I have ever seen one.

MOO

It's not insane or unheard of for American cops to plant drugs or weapons on would-be suspects to frame them. But to stage an incredibly elaborate murder cover up requiring a large number of eyewitnesses from a variety of different backgrounds to collude together and lie to authorities, and for the authorities themselves to deliberately enable this behavior for two whole years in order to frame one person for a murder is crazy!

JMO (edit)

It's not that elaborate. Had the investigation been handled normally, the Canton cops would have immediately searched the house, with a warrant if needed. But they deferred to the famous Boston cop who is a Canton cop's brother. All of the people in the house that night would have been quickly brought to a state police barracks and questioned individually in an interview room. No one even knew Colin Albert was in the house for many months, and he was only questioned as part of the TB witness intimidation charges. The scene would have been secured. Measurements taken. Evidence would have properly collected and catalogued.

When you completely skip the critical early phases of an investigation, you open the door to a bad cop like Michael Proctor to come in and play around with things. And play he did. Before anyone asks again why he'd do this, the simple answer is - because he could. His pals the Alberts (remember, Julie promised him a gift when it was all said and done) asked for his help, and because it seemed easy enough for him to do so, he did so.

I have little doubt he's done this before. And this is why this is such a conundrum for the state. DA Morrissey didn't vouch for Proctor because he's a friend. He vouched for him because Proctor has been involved with other high profile murder cases. If Proctor is proven to be a bad cop who manipulates and plants evidence, all of these other cases, including prior convictions, are now in jeopardy.

Karen could have killed him with her car AND the police could have tampered with evidence and or conspire against Karen these things don't have to be mutually exclusive. That's why I'm still leaning NG because there is so much reasonable doubt, it's clear that the police fumbled the investigation and there are a lot of shady to outright blatant provable lies by the CW witnesses. That doesn't mean I don't think Karen didn't hit him with her car, I still think she possibly could have but at this point there's nothing proving it beyond a reasonable doubt

I feel like in other circumstances the defense could make a motion to dismiss (? Not sure if that’s the right term) and have it granted. After the state rests, I mean. We haven’t seen all the witnesses but I’m not expecting that the remaining witnesses will offer anything that strongly bolsters the CW case.

This trial is so odd - I would expect MSP and the ME on the stand very early on. The jury was overloaded with all these people in the house first, instead, which I think was a bad move for them. I don’t know what happened but I can’t believe some would want and expect a guilty verdict based on what the trial has offered to this point. I have no doubt the defense’s case will be much stronger (and to the point, keeping jurors’ attention). If KR can be convicted based on what the CW has (and hasn’t!) offered, we are all screwed. It really could happen to anyone. Police have procedures for a reason—and imo these procedures were purposely neglected in this case.
As we go deeper into the prosecution’s case I’m really confused as to why the CW called most of the people at the house (with the exception of those who allegedly had eyewitness testimony of KR at the house like JM). All they did was serve these people up to the defense on cross and muddy the waters. Better strategy IMO to let the defense call them then CW can dispute on cross. Then again, I’m no DA :)

Last edited:
As we go deeper into the prosecution’s case I’m really confused as to why the CW called most of the people at the house (with the exception of those who allegedly had eyewitness testimony of KR at the house like JM). All they did was serve these people up to the defense on cross and muddy the waters. Better strategy IMO to let the defense call them then CW can dispute on cross. Then again, I’m no DA :)

In my opinion it was strategic on Lally's part. He knew the defense would call them, and he figured it would look worse if he didn't go first. Like the CW was trying to hide them. And they're all such awful witnesses, I can almost understand that thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow