MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then there's the JO Ring footage. Trooper B. tried to imply Karen deleted video of her returning from Fairview that night and the alleged unpresented footage of Jen and Kerry and Karen studying her taillight at 1 Meadows. But according to the Ring data, this could not have happened at the home user end. If anyone got rid of that footage, it was, you guessed it, Bad Cop Michael Proctor.
His testimony about the ring footage was sooooo irresponsible and made me so angry! I can say “there is missing footage of me making out with Ryan Gosling.” Technically correct, but not exactly a forthcoming thing to say when there’s zero proof such footage even exists.

In my opinion it was strategic on Lally's part. He knew the defense would call them, and he figured it would look worse if he didn't go first. Like the CW was trying to hide them. And they're all such awful witnesses, I can almost understand that thinking.
For sure, I just question the strategy. From my perspective it looks like he’s too preoccupied trying to disprove the defense’s case. I feel like letting the defense call them could have signaled to the jury, “look, let them have their dog and pony show, but here are the facts about how John O’Keefe died.” Instead we got days of testimony about high top tables and It’s Raining Men

His testimony about the ring footage was sooooo irresponsible and made me so angry! I can say “there is missing footage of me making out with Ryan Gosling.” Technically correct, but not exactly a forthcoming thing to say when there’s zero proof such footage even exists.
Me too. I love Ryan! Someone, if anyone, must have deleted that footage of us too.

Maddening. And he had such a smug look on his face. (Trooper Buk, not Ryan)

Last edited:
Why, it's almost as if the CW was committing fraud in the courtroom! MOO

This poor jury has been swimming in reasonable doubt, and yesterday after the video sham was revealed these poor people are now reaching for scuba tanks and goggles. Make it stop !!!

MOO
I'm a recently retired attorney & lifelong MA resident and I am beyond apoplectic that my CW perpetrated a fraud in open court on live TV! This cannot stand.

The feds better get to the bottom of all of this. We are not safe as citizens when the awesome power of the state is wielded as a personal weapon for state actors to protect themselves by manufacturing evidence against a citizen.

We are an educated state and I have every confidence that this jury will do their duty. But the fact the CW felt entitled & confident enough to present intentionally misleading & inaccurate evidence against Karen Read should be deeply concerning to every MA resident.

I don't think there is anyone here who will argue that the frame up alleged by Karen Read's defense is, frankly, insane. And does, to some extent require a rather flamboyant pair of attorneys to argue it in court.

It's not insane or unheard of for American cops to plant drugs or weapons on would-be suspects to frame them. But to stage an incredibly elaborate murder cover up requiring a large number of eyewitnesses from a variety of different backgrounds to collude together and lie to authorities, and for the authorities themselves to deliberately enable this behavior for two whole years in order to frame one person for a murder is crazy!

99 times out of 100 I would never personally buy into something like this. But this one really looks like one of the 1 in 100 that has some serious weight!

I can understand why people want to dismiss the frame up narrative based on its' wild premise alone. But seriously, look a bit deeper and more objectively. There are many, many problems with every single aspect of the case against Karen Read.

JMO (edit)
Occam's Razor right? A suburban cop conspiracy? Ridiculous right? I mean I sure thought so when I first heard about this case. I follow cases so I know the wild tales a defendant can come up with that are totally absurd. I assumed that was the case here. Until I actually started to learn more & objectively analyze the "evidence".

I'm fairly confident in the jury's ability here. But the larger issue is the obvious corruption & how far & deep it goes. I know I'm writing some letters. MA residents need to hold feet to the fire.

The sloppy, tainted and lazy crime scene investigation is enough for me to say Not Guilty. You can add the sprinkled conspiracy stories to it, but it certainly isn't needed in this case.

" We never had a crime scene in the snow" ( Sure, Jan...in MA?)

Leaf Blowers, Solo Cups and Stop&Shop bags

No evidence logs?

And, just for kicks. Pictures!! ( Proof )

For the love of my Garden, I took more pictures for documentation when a tree fell on my roof and front porch than these clowns did. I had every angle, and wide lens shot I could. Date and time included.

The whole thing was a sham. This was a documented how NOT to plant evidence if I have ever seen one.

MOO
Why would Judge Auntie Bev NOT ALLOW the chain of custody/evidence log into the trial?
Does that mean the log doesn't show what it should?

Speculation:
Did the log show it wasn't signed by the tech that failed her certification, but rather her supervisor?
Maybe that would be prejudicial?

In my opinion it was strategic on Lally's part. He knew the defense would call them, and he figured it would look worse if he didn't go first. Like the CW was trying to hide them. And they're all such awful witnesses, I can almost understand that thinking.
I agree. Plus this trial is so long he’s probably hoping the jurors forget about how bad the witnesses made their selves look by the time the trial is over.

Occam's Razor right? A suburban cop conspiracy? Ridiculous right? I mean I sure thought so when I first heard about this case. I follow cases so I know the wild tales a defendant can come up with that are totally absurd. I assumed that was the case here. Until I actually started to learn more & objectively analyze the "evidence".

I'm fairly confident in the jury's ability here. But the larger issue is the obvious corruption & how far & deep it goes. I know I'm writing some letters. MA residents need to hold feet to the fire.

Commendable of you to venture down that rabbit hole. Much luck.

Why would Judge Auntie Bev NOT ALLOW the chain of custody/evidence log into the trial?
Does that mean the log doesn't show what it should?

Speculation:
Did the log show it wasn't signed by the tech that failed her certification, but rather her supervisor?
Maybe that would be prejudicial?

I do not know if the judge ever denied evidence logs admitted. I believe that the MSP never had an actual evidence log, until the evidence was bagged and tagged and sent to the labs for testing. ( March 14th ) Per YB yesterday, he said they didn't have a log...they relied on their 'reports' for documenting.

I'm only just fully comprehending what happened with the inverted sally port video in court. IMO that was a deliberate attempt by the prosecution to mislead the jury.

Absolutely shameful.
I wish I could like your statement a hundred times!

I simply can't believe the judge allowed that to be played to the jury - it is not "an accurate representation of the scene that evening' and solely intended to fool the jury into thinking no one was near the passenger taillight when the vehicle was brought in, certainly not Proctor.

Sooo many appeal issues if it comes to that, but I truly hope the jury is paying close attentions to the CW's shenanigans and slights of hand.

There were two guests on Vinnie Politan's CourtTV show last night who were absolutely certain that this was all just a "blunder" by the prosecution on not done on purpose. Based on all the other suspicious activity that has been revealed so far, I have to disagree with them!

There were two guests on Vinnie Politan's CourtTV show last night who were absolutely certain that this was all just a "blunder" by the prosecution on not done on purpose. Based on all the other suspicious activity that has been revealed so far, I have to disagree with them!

On one hand, the lettering on the vintage police car literally said: ƎƆI⅃OԳ. It's hard to believe no one noticed that. People on the internet were posting about it as soon as the video started playing.

But on the other, I think it's possible that the cops knew but never told DA. It's the sort of thing I could see Lally not really paying any attention to if the cops are telling him the video is accurate.

And then he had on the Judge from Casey Anthony case who took the opposite opinion - said he was sure it was intentional and they were trying to mislead!

On one hand, the lettering on the vintage police car literally said: ƎƆI⅃OԳ. It's hard to believe no one noticed that. People on the internet were posting about it as soon as the video started playing.

But on the other, I think it's possible that the cops knew but never told DA. It's the sort of thing I could see Lally not really paying any attention to if the cops are telling him the video is accurate.
Bukhenik knew, I am sure of it. At one point, he was asked where the driveway was leading into the sallyport or the path or something, and he hesitated at first and then said "to the right". I only remember because when he said that I looked again and just figured there was another garage door on the other side of where they had entered.

I'm a recently retired attorney & lifelong MA resident and I am beyond apoplectic that my CW perpetrated a fraud in open court on live TV! This cannot stand.

The feds better get to the bottom of all of this. We are not safe as citizens when the awesome power of the state is wielded as a personal weapon for state actors to protect themselves by manufacturing evidence against a citizen.

We are an educated state and I have every confidence that this jury will do their duty. But the fact the CW felt entitled & confident enough to present intentionally misleading & inaccurate evidence against Karen Read should be deeply concerning to every MA resident.
Interesting perspective and thanks for chiming in. And fully agree on this. And add to this just these two elements: i) the supposed early statement by was it the DA or some other high ranking individual as to how the investigators and EMT? were forthright individuals (or the like) and ii) the autopsy / medical examiner’s report basically saying cause of death undetermined - but the victim wasn’t involved in a fight? (As others have said - why was that latter statement included? Was the ME / report writer truly an independent uninvolved individual offering a view of neutrality based on the facts? Why didn’t they also mention that the victim had not fallen from a boat? Or fallen down a set of stairs - if the evidence would support it?)

Sadly justice is needed for all here, including JOK. And yes I am old enough, that if one eventually does make an expose on this case, would Laurel and Hardy perhaps play two of the investigators? / sarc MOO

When Lally played the video for the Jury, he stopped the video right as the driver was getting out of the vehicle. Lally then asked an irrelevant question about snow and ice on the vehicle. I think this was done to distract that the Driver got out on the "wrong" side and no one got out on the "driver's" side. So I think he knew. (When the video was 1st played without this disruption for the judge, it was the driver getting out of the "passenger" side that raised the flag of a mirrored video to me.)

I don't have that much faith in ole lally. Wouldn't he or one of his aides have viewed that video and seen what so many others saw in it. My view may be warped and biased but I think lally has to be in this up to his spiked hair.

When Lally played the video for the Jury, he stopped the video right as the driver was getting out of the vehicle. Lally then asked an irrelevant question about snow and ice on the vehicle. I think this was done to distract that the Driver got out on the "wrong" side and no one got out on the "driver's" side. So I think he knew. (When the video was 1st played without this disruption for the judge, it was the driver getting out of the "passenger" side that raised the flag of a mirrored video to me.)
It would have been funny if Lally started speaking with a British accent while the video was playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlowersInBloom