MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand, the lettering on the vintage police car literally said: ƎƆI⅃OԳ. It's hard to believe no one noticed that. People on the internet were posting about it as soon as the video started playing.
RSBM. They might have thought that was the front of the retro squad car rather than the rear, where the word "Police" is backwards so that vehicles in front of it see the word "police" when they look in their rearview mirror?

Who, if anyone, will present evidence to prove Karen Read intentionally killed John O’Keefe?
The medical examiner/pathologist is their absolute last hope.

The eyewitnesses, first responders and LE have been a catastrophe like I have never seen in a trial before. BUT, if the pathological evidence can stand up to scrutiny then the case might actually proceed to the jury.

So far it looks like Lizzie Little has been handling more medically inclined witnesses for KR's defense. She's not quite as thunderous as Yanetti and Jackson. I guess we'll see.

Hos long to die in the cold?

Those aren't just words someone may or may not have said. They're words that were typed by someone at 2:27 am who knew at that very moment John O'Keefe was dying on the front lawn of Brian and Nicole Albert.
I’ve read about that and really think that will be disputed. Somewhere I was reading the company did a software update and that 2:27 search wasn’t on the first search. Guess we will see as it unfolds. I can’t see her looking up basket ball stuff and then thinking ohhh yeah John’s out there dying, wonder how long that will take. Definitely think it’s possible there was some shady stuff by the police but honestly don’t believe John was beat up. That’s just my opinion. I’ve only started following this since the beginning of the trial, so all the outside noise I haven’t listened to.

I’ve read about that and really think that will be disputed. Somewhere I was reading the company did a software update and that 2:27 search wasn’t on the first search. Guess we will see as it unfolds.
rsbm.

This is one area where I may agree with you. I've read both the blog entry that the prosecution expert wrote as well as the affidavit by the defense expert. And all I can say that this is a very complex question that only someone who is well-versed in iPhone internals and has access to Jen McCabe's data extraction can answer. In fact, based on the prosecution expert's blog it seems like determining the time of a Google search from a WAL file is something that's never been brought up in a courtroom prior to this trial.

rsbm.

This is one area where I may agree with you. I've read both the blog entry that the prosecution expert wrote as well as the affidavit by the defense expert. And all I can say that this is a very complex question that only someone who is well-versed in iPhone internals and has access to Jen McCabe's data extraction can answer. In fact, based on the prosecution expert's blog it seems like determining the time of a Google search from a WAL file is something that's never been brought up in a courtroom prior to this trial.
I’m really looking forward to hearing when John’s phone stopped moving also.

There were two guests on Vinnie Politan's CourtTV show last night who were absolutely certain that this was all just a "blunder" by the prosecution on not done on purpose. Based on all the other suspicious activity that has been revealed so far, I have to disagree with them!
If they did not realize it was a mirror image - lol - its almost as bad. These are the investigators!
They say they only saw that tape recently - what it was never reviewed?
But if we take them at face value, you mean to tell me that no one in the room : Lally, Sgt B and whoever else viewing that tape with them - not one of these people picked up that the images were flipped?
INVESTIGATORS did not pick up on what they were viewing?
As Sgt B said about the ring video from JOK's house "the tape speaks for itself" .
Well, Sgt B this tape speaks for itself too -
These jack a's tried to pull a fast one on a LIVE STREAM. Slippery.
That action screams not trustworthy. And if you cannot trust them on this ...what can you trust them on ?

Every day brings a new embarrassment for the CW. And a new embarrassment for all of us who are residents.
My refrain after watching the P and Bev at trial "Who are these people" ?

John O'Keefe deserved far better as now does his family. And so do the taxpayers. Its a bad look and an ugly underbelly on display for all to see.
JMO

I wonder if after the trial any of the jurors will tell us just what went through their minds when the truth came out about the mirrored video. And the redirect testimony YB gave. Were they shocked, angry, suspicious or something else. I have never seen the state knowingly present altered evidence and then get called out on it like what just happened.

The court appeared to show a mirror image of the sallyport, as the number four was inverted on the wall. Jackson at one point asked Bukhenik if the video was backward.

"It's a mirror image," Bukhenik said. "It's accurate. I don't know why it's that way."

MOO, I think Lally may have committed subornation of perjury several times already.

If they did not realize it was a mirror image - lol - its almost as bad. These are the investigators!
They say they only saw that tape recently - what it was never reviewed?
But if we take them at face value, you mean to tell me that no one in the room : Lally, Sgt B and whoever else viewing that tape with them - not one of these people picked up that the images were flipped?
INVESTIGATORS did not pick up on what they were viewing?
As Sgt B said about the ring video from JOK's house "the tape speaks for itself" .
Well, Sgt B this tape speaks for itself too -
These jack a's tried to pull a fast one on a LIVE STREAM. Slippery.
That action screams not trustworthy. And if you cannot trust them on this ...what can you trust them on ?

Every day brings a new embarrassment for the CW. And a new embarrassment for all of us who are residents.
My refrain after watching the P and Bev at trial "Who are these people" ?

John O'Keefe deserved far better as now does his family. And so do the taxpayers. Its a bad look and an ugly underbelly on display for all to see.
JMO
I agree with everything you wrote. Just adding that the defendant deserves better, too.

There were two guests on Vinnie Politan's CourtTV show last night who were absolutely certain that this was all just a "blunder" by the prosecution on not done on purpose. Based on all the other suspicious activity that has been revealed so far, I have to disagree with them!
Even if that was a blunder, which I highly doubt, how can they explain away all of the skips and missing footage?

rsbm.

Has anyone posited a reasonable explanation for that search, regardless of the time it was completed? TIA

The junior investigator testified about the blood pooling around the eyes. There's been testimony that he was bleeding from his nose and mouth. If I knew nothing of the circumstances and I came upon a body with those signs, the cold causing or having caused his death (depending on the time of the search) would be the furthest thing from my mind.

Has anyone posited a reasonable explanation for that search, regardless of the time it was completed? TIA

Jen's claiming Karen asked her to do a Google search 20 minutes after John's body was found by them.

So she says she searched - twice - she says because she spelled the search wrong the first time. A problem for Jen here is that first search still came up with information on hypothermia. It just looks like she was trying to duplicate her earlier "Hos long..." search instead.

But even odder is the fact that Jen deleted the 2:27 search off her phone before she handed her phone over that morning. She didn't delete the two later searches though.

Speaking as a retired RN ( with some years in the ER ), but how did JOK sustain the acute and fatal ( IMO ) head gash/ wound to the back of his head, while simultaneously receiving two wounds to the facial area ( eyebrow gash and nasal area gash)? Unless he was demon possessed, and could turn his head around 360 quickly..I just don't see the vehicle hit could cause all three wounds. And, I am not even going to speak of his right arm. Other than to say that ain't no road rash. Oh, and please don't look at the dorsal aspect ( knuckle fist area ) of his hands. Because that is ' bar fight ' bruising to me. Just sayin'.

Bring on the ME !!

MOO

Jen's claiming Karen asked her to do a Google search 20 minutes after John's body was found by them.

So she says she searched - twice - she says because she spelled the search wrong the first time. A problem for Jen here is that first search still came up with information on hypothermia. It just looks like she was trying to duplicate her earlier "Hos long..." search instead.

But even odder is the fact that Jen deleted the 2:27 search off her phone before she handed her phone over that morning. She didn't delete the two later searches though.

Absolutely! It's JMC's caught red handed manipulation that will sink this for her. In more ways than this. Waiting for the defense to call the Beatty's ( Tom and Erin ).

Speaking as a retired RN ( with some years in the ER ), but how did JOK sustain the acute and fatal ( IMO ) head gash/ wound to the back of his head, while simultaneously receiving two wounds to the facial area ( eyebrow gash and nasal area gash)? Unless he was demon possessed, and could turn his head around 360 quickly..I just don't see the vehicle hit could cause all three wounds. And, I am not even going to speak of his right arm. Other than to say that ain't no road rash. Oh, and please don't look at the dorsal aspect ( knuckle fist area ) of his hands. Because that is ' bar fight ' bruising to me. Just sayin'.

Bring on the ME !!

MOO
I could see how a punch or punches to the head could cause those injuries, particularly, if he was near a solid doorway or cement block wall...like would be found in a basement. The back of his head ricochets off the wall... AMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlowersInBloom