Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is 2021 Google Street view of the house. It looks as if the gutter on the front - above & across the garage and maybe the porch - were removed. If no gutters wouldn't the foundation become very wet - and likely causing dampness/leaking into the basement??

1717794602958.png

Another things that's strange: He wrote down that he needed to hit the victim in the head or neck to take them down. Why would you need to write that down? It feels as though this doc was written through some ego-driven need to prove how sophisticated and meticulous he is.
Some of the checklists seemed very RH specific, others sounded to me like it may have been copied from someone else.

Where in the heck to you store 27 computers? The older computers had large towers.
Yes this is a good question. And one has to wonder.

Two thoughts that entered my mind. Perhaps he wanted to keep that information for future possible use or reference? Why who knows. Or, maybe he was unsure how to properly dispose of them should any information ever come to light or be found by another future user?

Either way, as horrid as the information seems it is good that RH did elect to keep the computers, files, and information.

As others noted up thread, in days before the ready availability of computers one would surmise he might have had other written information or perhaps journals or legal pads with plans and details? Wonder too if there are any recorded cassette or VHS tapes? Someone also had noted earlier that he likely could not have taken film to be developed; and did he use a Polaroid or other instant picture camera? MOO

Yes this is a good question. And one has to wonder.

Two thoughts that entered my mind. Perhaps he wanted to keep that information for future possible use or reference? Why who knows. Or, maybe he was unsure how to properly dispose of them should any information ever come to light or be found by another future user?

Either way, as horrid as the information seems it is good that RH did elect to keep the computers, files, and information.

As others noted up thread, in days before the ready availability of computers one would surmise he might have had other written information or perhaps journals or legal pads with plans and details? Wonder too if there are any recorded cassette or VHS tapes of record? Someone also had noted earlier that he likely could not have taken film to be developed; and did he use a Polaroid or other instant picture camera? MOO

or created a darkroom to develop film at home. Not difficult and not that expensive, but would ensure no one else could see the photos.

I think we need to look for an earlier Megan. It's not likely Megan Waterman would have been known to him that early. She was only 22 in 2010 and from Maine.
Do you think he was possibly just revamping and saving over his earlier 2004 original document and changing targets names without renaming his document or saving as? i’m not well versed in the technology aspect but I’m sure LE probably already know this answer.

The T-1 Megan name bothered me as it was too early to be Waterman. You may be absolutely right that there are multiple Megan targets as well. Jmo

August 11,2023

'Attorney for Gilgo Beach suspect’s family: There is no 'sex dungeon'​

"A sound-proof room. Everybody reported that. That is not true," Macedonio insisted. "So everybody ran with that story that he had this sex dungeon downstairs in his house, this soundproof room where he was bringing prostitutes and murdering them and burying them on Gilgo Beach. There is no sound-proof room in that house."

Not entirely soundproof.

That's why he had the TV on.

JMO

This has confirmed that at least one of the Hoarders in that red house is RH. The key-cards, phones could have easy been destroyed and disposed (smashed up and chucked in to ocean, sewers, out anywhere along his commute.)
Sure, maybe he wanted to keep things as reminders, but his inability to dispose of anything (other than pizza crust) indicates, IMO, that he is person who drives the household hoarding - driven by desire to keep control of DNA and evidence, but overall another way to control his family & home.
I hope he was filled with panic and worry on a daily basis. I think keeping all this stuff might be control or it also could be worry that someone was on to him and disposing of any one item could get him caught. If he lived in fear all these years, I could live with that. The fact he had notes about DNA and how to not get caught suggests he was concerned about the things that he would leave behind that would link him to the crimes. I hope they are able to uncover every single evil deed he did by analyzing every device. The fact he wrote the lists on the coumpeters is really baffling since he was concerend about being caught. I'd think not leaving that trail on the computer would be a good place to start.

I hope I'm not opening myself up to boatload of criticism here, but there is something inside of me that desperately wants to see a baby picture of Rex. Not because I feel it would offer the least bit of insight into this case, but because I feel like I need a reminder that this guy really was an innocent child at some point in his life. I feel like I'll never be able to understand him if I lose sight of that fact. Maybe that sounds crazy, I dunno. But anyway, that lead me to ponder the nature of the relationship between RH and AE in a different way. What kind of understanding did she have of him from their years together ? Did he ever talk to her about his wounds, his fears, his anger...or did he keep all that locked up inside in this secret world of his ? What did he show her of his human vulnerabilities ? What did she see ? Were there completely different version of this guy, even in his own mind ?

I'm rambling. Sorry.

I hope I'm not opening myself up to boatload of criticism here, but there is something inside of me that desperately wants to see a baby picture of Rex. Not because I feel it would offer the least bit of insight into this case, but because I feel like I need a reminder that this guy really was an innocent child at some point in his life. I feel like I'll never be able to understand him if I lose sight of that fact. Maybe that sounds crazy, I dunno. But anyway, that lead me to ponder the nature of the relationship between RH and AE in a different way. What kind of understanding did she have of him from their years together ? Did he ever talk to her about his wounds, his fears, his anger...or did he keep all that locked up inside in this secret world of his ? What did he show her of his human vulnerabilities ? What did she see ? Were there completely different version of this guy, even in his own mind ?

I'm rambling. Sorry.

Although I am curious as well, I wish we could PREVENT serial killers from killing, but in the meantime, I would LOVE to know about his victims as well, they had hopes and dreams.
Perhaps he was able to wear a mask of sanity in front of family, friends even girlfriends/wives for a while.
My guess is his true colours came out in 1993 and that's why his first wife left him.
However, hiding it from your family, two children, and a wife in a small house seems much more difficult for 25 years!
Impossible? Maybe...I bet looking back there were red flags.
Maybe his current wife was into kinky S&M too when they first met? Either he wears the mask of sanity in front of everyone or he slipped, they have seen his true nature.

I'm rambling. Sorry.
I think this is a good reminder. He was someone's child, someone's loved one and he is someone's dad. I too am interested in understanding how people get to where they are. What happens or what changes them to the point they are capable of things that RH is accused of. These types are truly the most terrifying. They don't act on anger or heat of the moment rage, or some other thing that can cause a person to snap, it isn't self preservation, it's not desperation or survival.. it's just hunting people for fun. Hard to imagine a person like this was ever "normal".

I'm curious what his first wife/partner he lived with thought about him then, did she suspect anything off/odd, was he just a bad partner so she left or did she feel something was really wrong? What drew Asa to him?

Did he have any criminal history as a child? Animal abuse or drawn to fires? Was there any warning sign?

Video Michael Brown says his client is adamant about his innocence.
Well that ends that, eh?

Any body language experts here? /s

"During his court appearance, Heuermann appeared to nod along when the prosecution read out an excerpt from his list that suggested he should “‘hit [the victim] harder next time.’”

nypost.com

Gilgo Beach suspect Rex Heuermann nods as twisted ‘planning document’ read in court

Heuermann nodded along as prosecutors detailed disturbing “planning documents” that were allegedly used as a “blueprint” for the crimes and stored on a hard drive in his Long Isla…
nypost.com
nypost.com
There’s a smugness as well as anger in this picture.

This is huge.

Victoria Heuermann was interviewed after RH's arrest and before this superseding indictment.

It looks like the family and their lawyers had a heads-up on the investigations of these 2 murder victims, or just Jessica Taylor?
Bob Macedonaio was awfully quiet this week,

Was Asa actually interviewed?

Is that why AE was in S.C. when the search/seize took place?

1717707779675.png
I didn't understand this. They can't possibly have interviewed Victoria about the timelines of the vacations her family took when she was a kindergartner. Either we're reading this wrong or this is a careless misstatement and they just interviewed her friend's parents, because otherwise...bizarre.

Although I am curious as well, I wish we could PREVENT serial killers from killing, but in the meantime, I would LOVE to know about his victims as well, they had hopes and dreams.
Perhaps he was able to wear a mask of sanity in front of family, friends even girlfriends/wives for a while.
My guess is his true colours came out in 1993 and that's why his first wife left him.
However, hiding it from your family, two children, and a wife in a small house seems much more difficult for 25 years!
Impossible? Maybe...I bet looking back there were red flags.
Maybe his current wife was into kinky S&M too when they first met? Either he wears the mask of sanity in front of everyone or he slipped, they have seen his true nature.
The best way we can prevent serial killers is to understand them. The only way to understand them, imo , is to be willing to look at them as a whole. That's always my goal. In some cases it's harder than others, but in this case I am really struggling to see RH as a real human being with real human experiences. Maybe this will be the one case I'll just have to accept my own limitations. I dunno.

Anyway...enough of that.

The best way we can prevent serial killers is to understand them. The only way to understand them, imo , is to be willing to look at them as a whole. That's always my goal. In some cases it's harder than others, but in this case I am really struggling to see RH as a real human being with real human experiences. Maybe this will be the one case I'll just have to accept my own limitations. I dunno.

Anyway...enough of that.

I agree we need to study them including their brain intensively for abnormalities.

well we always have PH, but I think someone was stalking her out there and chasing her around in a pick up truck. is it possible that Rex was calling her? calling her John? interfering with her and playing games?

Hunting her? not wanting to be seen in an area too many times..wanting to be rested and not wanting to have to hit too many times to take down his victim. wanting to be energized for his "hunt".

YES. I believe the cab driver who said she saw Shannen come out of a motel room when she picked up Hauermann one night , and he wanted to go out to the woods and showed her a gun.

I believe he chased Shannen into the swampy area and strangled her there out of anger and left her there. As people were out looking for her and he knew he could not drag her out of there unseen. I don't think he placed her there..I think he pulled her pants off, I think he attacked her maybe more than once with her escaping him deeper into the marsh area. I would be interested to know where AE was at the time all this happened. mOO
Maybe with the last haul out of RH's house they'll find communication with RH and one of the males that were involved that night?

Since I'm not up on the case I don't know if all the males phones/emails etc were ever seized from them during the initial so-called investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper