SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, that sounds like the church leaders have heaps of freedom to run with whatever financial schemes they come up with. smh
Leader, anyway.

There was that recently interview with the church's FORMER co-pastor who knew something was wrong when he was being paid a small stipend, not even a salary, but the pastor was going to buy an airplane for the church.

(BTK also used his church as a personal ATM; had he not been convicted of all those murders, they could have gotten him for that.)

Does anyone know if there is a protest going on outside Crumbling Rock again this morning? The organizer had vowed to be there every Sunday, if needed.

Last edited:
I wonder why they would need to keep an accountant? Or is this term used interchangeably with bookkeeper? Does anyone recall whether or not the church website listed having a treasurer?

Probably the income was recorded, because tax receipts would need to be issued. But it wouldn't surprise me that there weren't records of the expenses. Then who would even know if the church were funding something non-charitable, like a night club or a bar.
I wondered about the need for an accountant as well, and if that word was perhaps used to describe a bookkeeper. My church of about 150 only has a treasurer, to my knowledge, but then again, it doesn't own ten vehicles and multiple properties, or an airplane, so maybe they really do need an accountant. Then there also is the on-site school, but I do not know if it falls under the same umbrella of Solid Rock Church or not. JMO

Last edited:
Most churches have non related people managing finances for obvious reasons. There can be large sums of cash money in the plate at times e.g. But the pastor is not involved with handling the money. It is discouraged that the pastor or other leaders of the church know how much is tithed by any member.

Any respectable bookkeeper or accountant would have nothing to do with a church whose finances are a mess. MOO.

I think we all see red flags. I'm guessing the IRS will get involved at some point.
MOO

Most churches have non related people managing finances for obvious reasons. There can be large sums of cash money in the plate at times e.g. But the pastor is not involved with handling the money. It is discouraged that the pastor or other leaders of the church know how much is tithed by any member.

Any respectable bookkeeper or accountant would have nothing to do with a church whose finances are a mess. MOO.

I think we all see red flags. I'm guessing the IRS will get involved at some point.
MOO
I completely agree. I have never been in a church where the pastor ever admitting knowing, or even wanting to know who tithes, but I have heard more than one say that they had no desire to know.

And then there is this...

Miller said he would ask the church’s bookkeeper for tithing information on congregants if they expressed interest in taking on a leadership role or “cause me a whole bunch of problems.”

The Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability — which counts more than 2,700 affiliates nationwide — does not include Solid Rock Ministries among them, according to its website

We once attended for a very short time an 'autonomous' church congregation of about 100 people, meaning the minister answered to no one but the congregation and a men's group. It did not take long to see that the minister viewed himself as second only to God. Lots of irregularities all around. After we left we learned that he went back to his drug use, left his family and ended up being killed in jail after being arrested for stolen property.
I would be willing to bet that this little twit JP is in way over his head, juggling many plates, just fighting to keep up his public appearance and financial support and is just narcissistic enough to think no one can see through him. IMO, it's just a matter of time for him before he totally spins out of control.That is if he does anything else beyond what is known already. He is a part of this somehow, JMO

This article, initially printed on Jun 5, was reprinted and is the lead story on the front page of the Sunday print edition of The Post and Courier, South Carolina's largest circulation newspaper. Looks like JP and his church are getting lots of free publicity, right at the beginning of peak tourism season around the Grand Strand.

How does a person get away with all this mess within a church? His own children were caught in the middle of all of this. What a disgusting situation, so many people deceived. Church should be a safe place where people can heal and be delivered. I hope they nail him for all of it. The community should have had more sense than to tolerate this. Legislation needs to pass this new law and protect people.

How does a person get away with all this mess within a church? His own children were caught in the middle of all of this. What a disgusting situation, so many people deceived. Church should be a safe place where people can heal and be delivered. I hope they nail him for all of it. The community should have had more sense than to tolerate this. Legislation needs to pass this new law and protect people.
It isn't hard to get away with things in a church when you own the church, the building and land it sits on, and you give yourself literally total control of the governing of the church, and you hand-pick the select few yes-men who are given titles of 'apparent' power, and are basically told to go along or get out. Legislation cannot do much due to separation of church and state. Within the law, churches may operate as they see fit. What I absolutely don't get is why anyone would continue to show up on Sundays, knowing just what we all have already learned about this man who, for all intents and purposes, IS Solid Rock Church. JMO

It isn't hard to get away with things in a church when you own the church, the building and land it sits on, and you give yourself literally total control of the governing of the church, and you hand-pick the select few yes-men who are given titles of 'apparent' power, and are basically told to go along or get out. Legislation cannot do much due to separation of church and state. Within the law, churches may operate as they see fit. What I absolutely don't get is why anyone would continue to show up on Sundays, knowing just what we all have already learned about this man who, for all intents and purposes, IS Solid Rock Church. JMO
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

There aren't many positions better than surrounding yourself with people who think you've got the connection to God and faith to help them get to heaven, if you want to hurt and exploit them.

MOO

Amen, brother. In SC it seems that the church can be a front for organized crime. And oh, we mustn't tighten up the financial and reporting laws for charities. Freedom of religion and all that.

But being a co-owner of a bar, really? Isn't that a conflict of interest? Serving God and then owning a business where people can consume alcohol? This is a disgrace.

But being a co-owner of a bar, really? Isn't that a conflict of interest? Serving God and then owning a business where people can consume alcohol? This is a disgrace.
Almost everything we have learned about him is directly in conflict with serving God, imo, and while on the list, owning a bar isn't even near the top of it for me. JMO

A TikTok video posted by John-Paul Miller details that he has “350 pieces” of proof in regards to his wife’s death and her thoughts before she died.
(…)
Miller said in the video that he will reveal what Mica thought about her family and lawyer, adding that there are lies being told and “You’re going to be shocked at some of the things that Mica says. .... Mica corresponded with me more than anybody else on planet Earth,” Miller said in the video.

Miller said in the video that his silence so far “is nothing more than wisdom and self-control so that we can the war that is up ahead.”

“And were’ going to find out who actually is responsible for my wife’s death,” Miller said in the video. “Mica will have justice.”

Miller referred questions Monday to his attorney, Russel Long. A message left for Long was not immediately returned.

“I want so bad to talk,” Miller said.

A TikTok video posted by John-Paul Miller details that he has “350 pieces” of proof in regards to his wife’s death and her thoughts before she died.
(…)
Miller said in the video that he will reveal what Mica thought about her family and lawyer, adding that there are lies being told and “You’re going to be shocked at some of the things that Mica says. .... Mica corresponded with me more than anybody else on planet Earth,” Miller said in the video.

Miller said in the video that his silence so far “is nothing more than wisdom and self-control so that we can the war that is up ahead.”

“And were’ going to find out who actually is responsible for my wife’s death,” Miller said in the video. “Mica will have justice.”

Miller referred questions Monday to his attorney, Russel Long. A message left for Long was not immediately returned.

“I want so bad to talk,” Miller said.

Who is going to take him seriously when he stands in his livingroom, threatening to throw his dead wife under the bus, likely by revealing texts that he, himself, probably sent to his phone while using Mica's phone, that he had allegedly taken away from her on multiple occasions. He's going to have to come up with something far better than text messages before he convinces me of anything. JMO

ETA...I don't suppose he'll be sharing any text messages between the two of them from when she was 15 and he was 30.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper