MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. Some people find very smart people intimidating. Others think an expert testifying on technical matters is feeding them mumbo jumbo to muddy the waters. Some who have utmost faith that LE always does the right thing, have a resentment towards a defendant/defense team and don’t believe a thing they say.
These days, when you feel compelled to voice your opinion on every little thing with the utmost confidence that you are right and everyone else is wrong, it is really hard to find jurors who will truly listen to the evidence and reach a verdict that is based on fact.
I still can’t get over the statement given to Judge Cannone when they advised her they could not reach a unanimous verdict:
"The deep division is not due to a lack of effort or diligence but rather a sincere adherence to our individual principles and moral convictions. To continue to deliberate would be futile and only serve to force us to compromise these deeply-held beliefs.”
The most successful Attorney that I know stated that ‘Dumb judges hate smart Attorneys’! MOO

Last edited:
What does that have to do with my post?
I was commenting on the post @Linda7NJ who stated,
"There’s more ways to seriously and unjustly damage people other than just physically."
The <derogatory nicknames are not allowed - member meant the Alberts> have blamed Karen Read from the beginning, thereby seriously and unjustly damaging her other than just physically. Only they know their motive since a proper investigation was never conducted IMO.

Why did <derogatory nicknames are not allowed - member meant the Alberts>
decide to "blame" KR? Did they just arbitrarily decide to do that, or could it be that there is evidence which may have caused them to believe Karen was responsible?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did <derogatory Nicknames are not allowed - member meant the Alberts> decide to "blame" KR? Did they just arbitrarily decide to do that, or could it be that there is evidence which may have caused them to believe Karen was responsible?
"I hit him. I hit him. I hit him."

Last edited by a moderator:
"I hit him. I hit him. I hit him."
‘You destroyed your phone didn’t you’
‘I threw away my phone’
‘That’s destroying your phone’
Cut through a military base! LOL that’s a secure zone you can not cut through a secure zone.

On repeat MOO

Last edited:
The status conference scheduled today in Norfolk Superior Court is at 2:00pm local time. That's 4:00am for me in Australia :eek:
I'll have to watch it later on instead. Hopefully we'll hear about the Juror admissions and it's possible that a new trial date may be set.

The juror confirmed that the jury was hung on the lesser included charges under Charge 2, manslaughter. Their final vote was a “soft” 9-3, with 9 voting guilty. (2/3) #WBZ #KarenReadTrial
----
The jury considered being more specific in their notes to the judge, but were not clear on how they were supposed to communicate their unanimous decisions on charges 1 and 3. (3/3) #WBZ #KarenReadTrial

When was the last time we've ( everyone not just people here on this forum) seen a town ripped so completely apart like this? It's coming from ALL sides. It's not just outside the town pressure, it's coming from the inside too. There's vandalism, intimidation, terrorism, drama, violence, corruption, fear, protests, counter-protests, contentious town hall meetings, more drama, FBI involvement, incitements, Internal Affairs investigations, even more drama, DEA involvement, NETFLIX series, 48hrs Episodes, Dateline Episodes, Court TV Episodes etc, etc, etc!

It's only going to get worse...WAY worse if this goes forward again. It's a modern day Hatfields & McCoys. Another trial and maybe the National Guard is going to have to come in for support. And boy once those boys and girls come to down things really tend to get weird! Roadblocks, armed soldiers in groups roaming the streets, permissions and denials, movements become "monitrored", There's guys on the roofs with binoculars and night-vison scopes, It's not fun believe me! We've had the Guard come in for some help with Hurrican relief and it's not an enjoyable slice of American Pie if you catch my meaning! The CW needs to reconsider.

When was the last time we've ( everyone not just people here on this forum) seen a town ripped so completely apart like this? It's coming from ALL sides. It's not just outside the town pressure, it's coming from the inside too. There's vandalism, intimidation, terrorism, drama, violence, corruption, fear, protests, counter-protests, contentious town hall meetings, more drama, FBI involvement, incitements, Internal Affairs investigations, even more drama, DEA involvement, NETFLIX series, 48hrs Episodes, Dateline Episodes, Court TV Episodes etc, etc, etc!

It's only going to get worse...WAY worse if this goes forward again. It's a modern day Hatfields & McCoys. Another trial and maybe the National Guard is going to have to come in for support. And boy once those boys and girls come to down things really tend to get weird! Roadblocks, armed soldiers in groups roaming the streets, permissions and denials, movements become "monitrored", There's guys on the roofs with binoculars and night-vison scopes, It's not fun believe me! We've had the Guard come in for some help with Hurrican relief and it's not an enjoyable slice of American Pie if you catch my meaning! The CW needs to reconsider.
True but important to remember that the KR case is not the first and it is just one.
The people have been most unhappy for a very long time with their police dept.

The juror confirmed that the jury was hung on the lesser included charges under Charge 2, manslaughter. Their final vote was a “soft” 9-3, with 9 voting guilty. (2/3) #WBZ #KarenReadTrial
----
The jury considered being more specific in their notes to the judge, but were not clear on how they were supposed to communicate their unanimous decisions on charges 1 and 3. (3/3) #WBZ #KarenReadTrial
Simples.
Ask a question.
What was the jury foreman's role here?
Also, how did they get past the medical expert testimony that showed his body bore no evidence of a vehicle impact?

This is getting too weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back