Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think she could have looped. It is only 6km from her home to Mt Clear phone tower, where the police were photographed.

View attachment 510229

Google maps
That’s still a walking pace or one very slow jog.
Unless she was stopping frequently, or there was an interruption during the jog that took her off track for awhile before resuming. Sam seems to have reached the turning point and then it went bad.

In the presser Mark Hatt says "within an hour", "approximately an hour after she left home" she reached the Mt Clear area. There is no time locked in, the police are keeping somewhat vague even though they would have known how many minutes Samantha was moving. It's very possible Samantha ran for less than an hour.

What would an anomaly or disturbance look like in data? What indicated a significant event and possibly loss of life at that point as had been mentioned.
A slowing heart rate
A heart rate that picks up due to a stressful event

I have a Garmin watch. If it detects I’m stressed, it sends me a reminder to relax. If it detects a possible fall, it asks if I’d like it to call my emergency contact (it won’t call without me indicating ‘yes’)

Garmin uses the Connect App - here is a screenshot of my heart rate bpm a few days ago. The peak bpm was when I did a strength workout. When I take the watch off, it just shows as a gap in the data.

Attachments

• 07263639-603F-4260-B6C4-B3062F4E27CA.jpeg
    07263639-603F-4260-B6C4-B3062F4E27CA.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 4
I think she could have looped. It is only 6km from her home to Mt Clear phone tower, where the police were photographed.

View attachment 510229

Google maps
I don't insist on the word loop, but I was thinking more of a circle than a straight line out and back. It hadn't occurred to me to consider different east-west options as in your map. It was more that I wondered how far south she went, and if she was attacked at her farthest point south or while coming back.

Finding the phone magically after residents of the area were asked to check their properties for Samantha back in February? The area is essentially behind the golf club where the initial formal searches begun. It is not an area where the general public would have checked though. Interestingly on another discussion site someone indicated they and their partner found something significant that they took to the Police well before the search of the buningyong reserve. The person said it was the other side of Yarrowee River (closer to where phone was found recently). Their post was a month or more before the phone was located.

In relation to run time I wish people would take into account that the clue is in the title - Mt Clear. My apple device said I had covered 26 floors when I reached the corner of Boundary/Boak/Recreation. I took a video one day of my attempt to walk the same 7 KLM. Boundary road is soft to walk on and full of gravel. We were told originally that Sam had low blood pressure, took no water and was traditionally a walker (I spoke to ex neighbours and a work colleague who said running was not her thing). It was also a very sunny day and went on to reach 35 degrees by the afternoon. We don’t know whether she needed a toilet break on the run/walk.

Today I walked along Boak road yet again and an area not far away from where we believe the incident took place was being totally slashed by machine to remove all the undergrowth for tree planting. It is opening up a lot of the original search areas.

In addition whilst out searching in the first 2 weeks I lost something myself. I went on Facebook to look if it had been found. At that time a man had posted that he had found air pods in the Napoleon area. I did not think it was close to the area of interest but it seems it is within the widened search area as it has become known. I wonder if this man handed those items to the police or were they claimed.

At the time we had none of the information we have now. In addition it is possible that some Scotsburn residents saw a post on the day Sam went missing which if true May indicate that the alleged was indicating an incident had occurred. I am only guessing that the police have a lot more info that they have been working through that has come independently of the phone data. I have talked to many locals who no more than is discussed in the media.

I remain confused as to how anyone knew where the phone last pinged before phone records were recovered from the phone providers. The info about the last ping at 5pm was known from the get go (even though Sam had location services turned off).

I no longer go looking as I spent days in the areas between Mt Clear and Buningyong searching by myself. I feel the areas between Buningyong/Napoleon/Scotchmans Lead would be a better place to look.

I get some comfort from the found phone for the family. Up until that moment I think the family could still have felt false hope their mum would be returned to them.

I doubt any of us will ever know why this murder occurred.

The fact that all her cards were still in the phone wallet intact, indicates to me, the phone wallet could have been placed there instead of being thrown from a vehicle, and it was located at the edge of the dam.
Knowing that the water will become low and any other evidence that could be hers will be eventually found, including any irrigation being done
There was no care in hiding her phone, when there are so many other ways to have got rid of it for good
Something has been nagging me about this, I have a few ideas/theories but one that makes possible sense is that someone not involved found the phone (whether at the crime scene, wherever the alleged hid/left it, or, somewhere else), whether it be an adult not in the right mind/situational hardship or a younger person and as the case blew up they panicked, scared they would be accused/connected to her disappearance so they disposed of it in the dam and later their conscience got to them and they tipped LE. However that's not my strongest theory regarding the phone just one I have been pondering...

My apple device said I had covered 26 floors when I reached the corner of Boundary/Boak/Recreation. I took a video one day of my attempt to walk the same 7 KLM. Boundary road is soft to walk on and full of gravel.

You promised us this video you recorded when following Samantha's route.

I remember your promise and I'm still waiting :)

Promises must be kept :D

Last edited:
Finding the phone magically after residents of the area were asked to check their properties for Samantha back in February? The area is essentially behind the golf club where the initial formal searches begun. It is not an area where the general public would have checked though. Interestingly on another discussion site someone indicated they and their partner found something significant that they took to the Police well before the search of the buningyong reserve. The person said it was the other side of Yarrowee River (closer to where phone was found recently). Their post was a month or more before the phone was located.

In relation to run time I wish people would take into account that the clue is in the title - Mt Clear. My apple device said I had covered 26 floors when I reached the corner of Boundary/Boak/Recreation. I took a video one day of my attempt to walk the same 7 KLM. Boundary road is soft to walk on and full of gravel. We were told originally that Sam had low blood pressure, took no water and was traditionally a walker (I spoke to ex neighbours and a work colleague who said running was not her thing). It was also a very sunny day and went on to reach 35 degrees by the afternoon. We don’t know whether she needed a toilet break on the run/walk.

Today I walked along Boak road yet again and an area not far away from where we believe the incident took place was being totally slashed by machine to remove all the undergrowth for tree planting. It is opening up a lot of the original search areas.

In addition whilst out searching in the first 2 weeks I lost something myself. I went on Facebook to look if it had been found. At that time a man had posted that he had found air pods in the Napoleon area. I did not think it was close to the area of interest but it seems it is within the widened search area as it has become known. I wonder if this man handed those items to the police or were they claimed.

At the time we had none of the information we have now. In addition it is possible that some Scotsburn residents saw a post on the day Sam went missing which if true May indicate that the alleged was indicating an incident had occurred. I am only guessing that the police have a lot more info that they have been working through that has come independently of the phone data. I have talked to many locals who no more than is discussed in the media.

I remain confused as to how anyone knew where the phone last pinged before phone records were recovered from the phone providers. The info about the last ping at 5pm was known from the get go (even though Sam had location services turned off).

I no longer go looking as I spent days in the areas between Mt Clear and Buningyong searching by myself. I feel the areas between Buningyong/Napoleon/Scotchmans Lead would be a better place to look.

I get some comfort from the found phone for the family. Up until that moment I think the family could still have felt false hope their mum would be returned to them.

I doubt any of us will ever know why this murder occurred.
I am sure the police know the motive, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are watching others, making sure they have enough evidence to proceed. Someone has told them the phone is at that particular dam.
The police know a lot more and most likely at this stage we haven't been told the truth of Samantha, until it all comes out

I don't insist on the word loop, but I was thinking more of a circle than a straight line out and back. It hadn't occurred to me to consider different east-west options as in your map. It was more that I wondered how far south she went, and if she was attacked at her farthest point south or while coming back.

Yes, I didn't put those options in. Google did that.

I am sure the police know the motive, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are watching others, making sure they have enough evidence to proceed. Someone has told them the phone is at that particular dam.
The police know a lot more and most likely at this stage we haven't been told the truth of Samantha, until it all comes out
Great example is the watching of Greg Lynn. Have to wonder why they arrested PS when they did and didn't wait longer to see if he returned to the body etc, or perhaps does this suggest he didn't move the body to the final destination?

Great example is the watching of Greg Lynn. Have to wonder why they arrested PS when they did and didn't wait longer to see if he returned to the body etc, or perhaps does this suggest he didn't move the body to the final destination?

They may have had some signs that he was going to flee or self harm.

imo

That’s still a walking pace or one very slow jog.
Unless she was stopping frequently, or there was an interruption during the jog that took her off track for awhile before resuming. Sam seems to have reached the turning point and then it went bad.
I thought somewhere in the early days it was reported that she left about 7.15 am. Police have been so vague about exact times. Actually vague about lots of things. And all these short targeted searches? Is someone feeding them bogus information?

Getting whacked over the head with that object police found in the dam allegedly.

I wonder what Police found at the crime scene?

Because they found something there
and declared it was the place of attack (Mt Clear).

And what was found there was later reported as
"items of interest".

• "Items of interest were found on Wednesday
  • Samantha Murphy's husband attended crime scene"

I'm just wondering if the accused didn't bother to clear the "crime scene" of evidence :oops:

Links from 4 months ago:

Last edited:
Maybe she never ran OR not at that time, possibly earlier ? Maybe she was killed before 7am ? Maybe the accused murderer or someone else did that run path, who had her phone and watch and that's why it took 1 hour to get to Mt Clear in a 7 km run to make out that Sam was running there, compared to Sam being a regular runner and should be able to do that distance in around 26 mins, especially when she was training for a run. There is no CCTV of Sam entering the bush or actually running, given to the media. A lot of things don't add up
7km in 26 minutes is an absolutely crazy pace lol, like world class elite time. 1 hour is very reasonable especially with walk breaks. I think that’s a bit more likely than someone going for a casual jog with her health tracking devices after killing her…

"The phone was obviously the interesting one because the assumption was that the body would have been in that lake, near where they found it”.

I think it’s interesting that there’s thought that the body could have been in the same dam as the phone. Wouldn’t that have been obvious given the exposed site and as per our recent discussion about what happens to a body in water?

Did the police attend the dam on 29/05 due to being told there was an object on the bank, or that something was seen being thrown out of a car window, or due to it always being a site of interest and the water now receding? Did the divers come in due to the phone being sighted or were they coming anyway?

I may have missed this, but I am sure LE drained that pond, didn't they?

It didn't look too large that it couldn't be pumped out

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herr_indoors