WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And....

MOO. If Aaron is taken into custody, Nadia has no legal connection to the child. Child will be taken into CPS custody or an equivalent, whichever country.

They don't get to make the rules. Declare superiority and do as they please, the law be damned.

Samara has every right to be terrified. Aaron robbed her of the right to custody, to decision-making about the care of her child. She doesn't even know where her daughter is, abd what Aaron is doing is both illegal and reckless.

JMO
Absolutely! There’s only one way Seraya’s mother will know if her daughter is safe and healthy and that’s by laying eyes on her.

No matter what Aaron’s parents say, even if they’re in communication with him there’s no way to know with certainty that Seraya is being properly cared for, not to mention happy to be on the run and away from her mom.

If this was my child the fear that Aaron and Nadia might be feeling that they will be caught and end up doing some thing horrific to themselves or more importantly to Seraya. It can and does happen.

And what grandparent thinks alienating their grandchildren from a parent is a good thing? “Good” grandparents strive to fulfill the needs of their grandkids, including being kind to an ex. If they feel there’s abuse happening then report the parent.

What they’re doing to Seraya by their behavior may very well come back to bite them big time as she gets older.
MOO

The release of the Aung Family Statement certainly aligns with some of my suspicions on the family dynamics (which I'd hesitated to speak of here, since we're supposed to be victim-friendly, and both AA's family and SAH's mother are both considered victims).

From the Aungs' Statement...

View attachment 510281
So here we have two young adults with lots of things that they say they intend to do in the future, though for whatever reason, they have not yet. AA could have joined the National Guard at 17 with parental permission, or at 18 on his own. Why had he not yet? NC had not yet taken the LSAT or been accepted to a law school, which many "responsible, resourceful, smart" students would have done prior to graduation. (LSATs are generally taken 9-12mo prior to starting law school.) Why had she not yet?

"they acted on Seraya" - to me, this is admission that AA's family knew there was a plan to take SAH.

View attachment 510288
"his 'trip' to Montana" - using quotations around "trip" again only seems to verify that the fishing trip story was just that: a story

"rashes... unusual behavior" - diaper rashes are extremely common, and some children's skin is more sensitive than others; a rash in itself is not any indication of abuse. Saying "go away" at diaper changes isn't necessarily unusual either; some kids don't like having their diaper changed, and if she did have diaper rashes, she may have come to associate that with discomfort.

"she kept their home like a pigsty... complain of having to pick up after dirty diapers" - and yet AA was living in this home as well, so was it not his responsibility to provide his daughter with a clean living space? Why should the task of housekeeping fall solely on the mother?

View attachment 510290

"family court system in the United States is a disaster" - because it doesn't favor YOU? Most States will generally try to keep both parents involved in their children's lives, if at all possible.

Samara's half-brother - some extremely heavy allegations here.

View attachment 510293
domestic violence in their family - and yet the text states that Samara refused to stay with him because of that, which to me, shows the right choice. (After all, we can't help who our family is, but we can certainly set healthy boundaries with them, such as I'm not going to stay with him. Also, medication and therapy? GOOD things.

View attachment 510295
View attachment 510296
We do not vaccinate - So they're saying that, even though AA's family paid a PI to dig up all this ugly dirt on SAH's mom and her family about drugs and SA, they only got 50/50 custody because they don't vaccinate. I'm calling BS on that. IIRC, Idaho had one of the lowest vaccination rates during COVID. As of 2023, it had the highest rate of vaccine exceptions in the USA. This is NOT the full story.

totalitarian government - Just because a government does not give you exactly what you want does not mean they are totalitarian. Using that term in this case is absurd. AA's issue here is with the Idaho state court system, not the "United States government" or any other centralized governing body that's trying to control them by force. (And with the earlier indication that this was a "private custody agreement," it sounds like the problem is really that they don't want to stick with what they themselves previously agreed upon.)

Totalitarianism is a form of government that attempts to assert total control over the lives of its citizens. It is characterized by strong central rule that attempts to control and direct all aspects of individual life through coercion and repression. (britannica.com)

View attachment 510297
"Seraya... is in very capable hands" - Again, this feels like an admission that they know exactly what's going on. Which also makes me suspicious of the "going to Mexico" thing. If they have resources and were in on the planning stages, who knows what other mis-directions they'd planned.

View attachment 510299

"asking Aaron for weed" - This tells me that AA was the one who regularly provided her with weed. In this conversation, he doesn't say no, or tell her he doesn't know where to get it. He only tells her he's finishing other stuff first or can't make it there that night. If they really think that this somehow exonerates their son, they're completely wrong.

Now, TBH, from her first interview, SAH's mother has struck me as someone who is not the most emotionally mature or responsible. (Calling SAH her "very best friend;" talking about all of the times that SAH disrupts her sleep, doesn't want to eat dinner, etc.) The medical concerns, too, were presented in a way that made me question whether they were being exaggerated. Everyone responds differently in a crisis, but to me, her body language in the earliest interviews felt "off" -- lacking visible indicators of sorrow or concern. Possibly a sign that she didn't really understand the seriousness of the situation, or possibly just didn't think it that big a deal, since apparently, AA had withheld SAH from her before.

HOWEVER... Parental custody is a legal right, and unless it is proven that she is somehow unfit to care for her child, that's absolutely beside the point here. When you have a child with someone, you don't get to be the sole decision-maker in that child's life.
Great breakdown! IMO, this statement contains dog whistles that are meant to appeal to a specific demographic common in Idaho and includes some of my family members. These individuals believe that CPS is a human trafficking organization (see Bundy v St Lukes) and have they a total distrust of the US justice system. They idolize those who take the law in their own hands like Majorjon Kaylor in defiance of what are perceived as malevolent government institutions, and that that defiance justifies any means. Indeed, the Aung family is receiving praise for taking extreme actions to "do what's best for Seraya". Here are some dogwhistles from the statement, MOO:
*Family court untrustworthy
*"Castration" of modern men
*Pedophilia
*Anti-vax
*Totalitarian government

Is there any evidence the mother is doing cocaine? Was that in her text or was it in the outlandish narrative by the in-law conspiracy theorists? JMO
It was in the PI statement from the grandmothers post. I’m simply responding to the post that said the mother wasn’t accused of doing anything illegal.

Absolutely! There’s only one way Seraya’s mother will know if her daughter is safe and healthy and that’s by laying eyes on her.

No matter what Aaron’s parents say, even if they’re in communication with him there’s no way to know with certainty that Seraya is being properly cared for, not to mention happy to be on the run and away from her mom.

If this was my child the fear that Aaron and Nadia might be feeling that they will be caught and end up doing some thing horrific to themselves or more importantly to Seraya. It can and does happen.

And what grandparent thinks alienating their grandchildren from a parent is a good thing? “Good” grandparents strive to fulfill the needs of their grandkids, including being kind to an ex. If they feel there’s abuse happening then report the parent.

What they’re doing to Seraya by their behavior may very well come back to bite them big time as she gets older.
MOO
And, just because they wrote something on their website, doesn't make it true. We don't know if anything they wrote about the mom and her family is actually fact or not! Maybe they are projecting and protecting themselves from allegations - we don't know.

The only conclusion I'm willing to jump to is the child's father broke the law and took the toddler away from her mother without the mother's consent, and he continues to hide the child from the mom.

jmo

Great breakdown! IMO, this statement contains dog whistles that are meant to appeal to a specific demographic common in Idaho and includes some of my family members. These individuals believe that CPS is a human trafficking organization (see Bundy v St Lukes) and have they a total distrust of the US justice system. They idolize those who take the law in their own hands like Majorjon Kaylor in defiance of what are perceived as malevolent government institutions, and that that defiance justifies any means. Indeed, the Aung family is receiving praise for taking extreme actions to "do what's best for Seraya". Here are some dogwhistles from the statement, MOO:
*Pedophilia
*Anti-vax
*Totalitarian government
Do you think they are appealing to that demographic because they either are or would like to be receiving help from them? Do you think they could be in hiding in Idaho?

It was in the PI statement from the grandmothers post. I’m simply responding to the post that said the mother wasn’t accused of doing anything illegal.
She wasn’t. She wasn’t accused of doing anything illegal BY THE AUTHORITIES. The post you were referring to said that AA had been accused of illegal activities by law enforcement. As in, the people who are responsible for bringing charges against those who do something illegal.

The mother has not been accused of doing anything illegal by law enforcement. The only accusation against her was from that wacky letter, with absolutely zero evidence to back it up.

This is unbelievably f*ed up. So over the top and completely unhinged!

If the allegations are true, why didn't they go to the authorities? No way would the courts have let Seraya anywhere near a known pedophile.
I agree. They should have taken it up with the courts first. If the court refused to order the brother to stay away, then they could take stronger measures and the public would be supportive. If they could show us a court order saying the child was fine having a pedophile uncle sleeping over, then I'd support them taking the child on an adventure until they could legally sort things out.
So many red flags here. To start with, the obvious mistruths and exaggerations e.g. "Nadia, a Washington State University Graduate with a high GPA was studying for her law degree"

Uh no, she wasn't.

"They both have high moral standards, a strong sense of justice, right and wrong."

Really? The court is not going to see it that way.

Yes, it was so obviously biased and exaggerated.
"Due to the custody issue surrounding Seraya, we discovered the family court system in the United States is a disaster, often, very willing to hand over almost full custody to dead-beat moms, and essentially 'castrating' young, capable men."

The use of the term castrating here is histrionic and very telling about their family dynamic IMO.
Exactly. How exactly was he being castrated by the courts? Are they implying that the men should have all the power and the family is angry that he was not given full control?
Going on and on about vaccination? WTH ?
YES, that was eye opening. They were outraged that the child's mother insisted upon protecting the child, AND OTHER CHILDREN, by being vaccinated against serious communicable illnesses?

They are saying none of their children received any vaccinations. Duo they mean polio, measles, etc etc? o_O
What a huge huge miscalculation to release this statement.
I agree. To put very private texts and conversations out to the press like that is sickening. Who doesn't sound uber emotional and distressed when they are young and having relationship problems. Putting the child's mom's dirty laundry out there, like it was a victory flag for them somehow is just disgusting.

Interesting because they must have believed that they were not going to gain full custody, even though they had their PI's scour all past data for horrible texts, etc. So they decided they needed to take such a radical step to avoid that negative court decision?
You have to feel this is Mrs. Aung writing this. Whatever the case, they've just put their foot in it and LE will come down hard on them if they know anything. Which, at this point, is hard to think otherwise. Why didn't they consult a lawyer.
I bet they did consult a lawyer but didn't want to listen or believe them, imo.

*Pedophilia
*Anti-vax
*Totalitarian government
You beat me to it. They also, in speaking about the totalitarian government, spoke about it like it is impending, or about to happen —which is a very common message with these folk. (The rapture is coming any day now, the government is coming for your weapons, your kids are in danger of being sex trafficked at any given moment, the government is going to lock all of your bank accounts. None of it ever happens, but it doesn’t stop them from believing that it will.)

I too, have some relatives like these. People with money who think they are above the law, and subscribe to every possible conspiracy theory out there. They always have a victim mentality. Mrs. Aung is a sister of the highest order of perpetual victimhood.

I knew exactly what type of family this was as soon as I read that letter. They are scary, and if they are sending any money or providing any housing to the fugitive, I hope they are charged with aiding and abetting.

I don't think they have a clue how offensive their statements are.

jmo
SO TRUE. It was all done so smugly and so slick, AS IF everyone will now nod in agreement and applaud their decision.

They have no qualms posting a young woman's private conversations about very emotional issues online for the press to pick apart?

I'm not inclined to take sides. I don't know any of these people and custody situations are the worst. I'd say they need to produce evidence that that child is fine, at the very least.

So far, I'm not sure that a crime has been alleged. Wasn't it something about violating a custody arrangement (vs kidnapping)? Is that civil or criminal? It's been obvious, from the very beginning, that the Aungs knew exactly what was going on and I would imagine that means the cops have had interviews with them. Remember they came to the police station and gave the mother the note about going to Montana to fish (a BS story if there ever was one). So, his parents know what's up and the cops and FBI know his parents know. For them to be guilty of a crime (accessory) Aaron would first have to be charged with a criminal offence, I would think.

It will be interesting to see what happens next.
Well, there is a warrant out for his arrest, IIUC. ...

Given the apparent planning and righteousness of this group to flout the law, I'm thinking the vehicle going into Mexico was a ruse to send LE on a goose chase. Just a hunch, not fact.

jmo
That could make it much worse for them in the aftermath, if it is shown that they set up a devious scenario to try and make LE look stupid. IMO

She wasn’t. She wasn’t accused of doing anything illegal BY THE AUTHORITIES. The post you were referring to said that AA had been accused of illegal activities by law enforcement. As in, the people who are responsible for bringing charges against those who do something illegal.

The mother has not been accused of doing anything illegal by law enforcement. The only accusation against her was from that wacky letter, with absolutely zero evidence to back it up.
Maybe you should re read the post I was replying to. It said even if all the accusations are true ( referring to the grandmas post) she’s done nothing illegal.

Maybe you should re read the post I was replying to. It said even if all the accusations are true ( referring to the grandmas post) she’s done nothing illegal.

Please don't misquote me. I asked if there's any evidence of her using cocaine. That's the post you replied to.

You're confusing two different posts. I said earlier that even if all the accusations are true, that still doesn't mean she's unfit. I stand by that.

MOO

Please don't misquote me. I asked if there's any evidence of her using cocaine. That's the post you replied to.

You're confusing two different posts. I said earlier that even if all the accusations are true, that still doesn't mean she's unfit. I stand by that.

MOO
No, I’m not. That was I used the reply button to make sure it showed up. All anyone has to do is use the arrow button to see each and every quoted reply.

Do you think they are appealing to that demographic because they either are or would like to be receiving help from them? Do you think they could be in hiding in Idaho?
I think they are just delusional and narcissistic and assume that everyone will see their point of view and see them as heroes who took a stand against an oppressive regime (and some will!). I shouldn't have said it was meant to appeal because I don't think there was intention to appeal to that demographic, IMO that's just how they see the world and themselves and so that is the perspective they are evoking in the statement.

Last edited:
I’m quoting my own post for reference because I’m seeing responses to it that seem to be misunderstanding me or putting words in my mouth.

I am not defending what they did, I am considering circumstances and mindsets that might have prompted them to act impulsively and make poor choices BUT be doing so in what they believe is in the child’s best interest.
I'm not sure it's in the child's 'best interest' to be taken on the run from the FBI trying to arrest her father and his girlfriend.
Why is that so difficult to understand? It doesn’t necessarily make them terrible people!
I can't say they are terrible people but they are doing some terrible things, IMO.

We still don’t know the whole real story and therefore I’m keeping an open mind. Light your torches and sharpen your pitchforks that’s fine, but I’m not doing that.
I haven't seen a lot of torches and pitchforks here but I have seen some valid concerns about how this family has been dealing with this situation.
The worst part of all is that none of this is any of our business but here we are.
It most certainly isn't our business, and here we are, mostly because of the poor decisions being made.
Putting out Seraya's mother's personal business, like her childhood SA incident, and her emotional/mental health struggles and releasing her private conversations about her imploding relationship, are all examples of their terrible family decisions. IMO

It does not make me sympathetic towards them. Especially because it came across as smug and condescending. JMO

Pulling young Nadia into this mess, setting up her parents to be pawns in this charade, and ruining Nadia's immediate future is another terrible decision of theirs. IMO

But worst of all, throwing little Seraya into this chaos is a really terrible decision. Nothing in their slick online presentation showed any valid reason for her to be kidnapped and taken on an illegal journey against her will.

I am going to assume Nadia had a second phone....

Nothing of value on the phone she left behind. I wonder if she left her parents a farewell letter in her abandoned suitcase. I hope they've unpacked it.

I'm not sure the FBI can do much with investigating Nadia. So far, she's just an adult doing as she pleases and she's free to. However, perhaps LE has made a case for exigency, as there's a missing child that LE believes she's in company of....

Geo-fence at an airport though? Nightmare! Perhaps at a less populated secondary location but still how would they ever isolate her phone over others? Much transient traffic...
I was having the same thoughts---Geo-fencing at a large airport? I think it's next to impossible. Thousands of cell phones to try and sort out.
I hope they have found a way to trace these two and can bring the child home without incidence. Yesterday.

JMO
Yep.

I was having the same thoughts---Geo-fencing at a large airport? I think it's next to impossible. Thousands of cell phones to try and sort out.

Yep.
What airport were they at? Not all airports are busy busy like that. It's been a long time since I was in my city's airport, but I used to go there very frequently, and it was most often like a mausoleum (Tulsa International Airport).

ETA just remembered, may have been SeaTac? Which makes my comment irrelevant, I suppose!

‘Capable hands’ - if they were capable hands they wouldn’t have committed a crime and be on the run wanted by LE. if they were truly capable they would have sought legal advice rather than take the law into their own hands - which both Aaron (wanting to join the national guard) and Nadia (a supposed law student) should understand. They have done themselves no favours at all, they need to return Seraya and face the music.

The Aung family statement attempts to portray their son and his girlfriend as the poor victims who can do no wrong. whilst also smearing Samara - who appears to be suffering trauma and possibly PND.

what is PND?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member