IN, 4 year old Octavia Aquino killed by mother's 16 yo bf

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I mean, sixteen is the age of consent in Indiana, so it's not technically illegal, but a seven year age difference at that age is a very wide gulf, and I'd be wondering just how long he's been sixteen, and how long their relationship has existed.

MOO
I just looked it up myself. Yup it’s legal but how long has he been 16 and how long have they been “dating”? I agree with you.

Highly inappropriate it my books and creepy.

MOO

Are we going to talk about the twenty three year old being in a sexual relationship with a sixteen year old?
From Teen heading to adult court on murder charge in 4-year-old death case :
"Police say two other adults live in the apartment.

They say one of them noticed bruises and a possible bit mark on the girl while she was in Rhoades’ care the night before.

Rhoades is charged with neglect of a dependent, contributing to delinquency of a minor, and invasion of privacy.

The 16-year-old male is charged with serious bodily injury and false informing."

So, the mom is charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor...... says something, maybe?

From Teen heading to adult court on murder charge in 4-year-old death case :
"Police say two other adults live in the apartment.

They say one of them noticed bruises and a possible bit mark on the girl while she was in Rhoades’ care the night before.

Rhoades is charged with neglect of a dependent, contributing to delinquency of a minor, and invasion of privacy.

The 16-year-old male is charged with serious bodily injury and false informing."

So, the mom is charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor...... says something, maybe?
What is it with people who abuse babies and young children by biting them, like rabid dogs? I must have seen a dozen cases on here over the time I've been a member.

I can logically understand a lot of very horrific behaviour, but this is just alien to me. I cannot imagine what motivates it besides the wish to cause extreme pain, but there must be some deeper depravity, because there are hundreds of ways to cause pain that don't involve putting your mouth on someone, let alone an infant.

MOO

Last edited:
What is it with people who abuse babies and young children by biting them, like rabid dogs? I must have seen a dozen cases on here over the time I've been a member.

I can logically understand a lot of very horrific behaviour, but this is just alien to me. I cannot imagine what motivates it besides the wish to cause extreme pain, but there must be some deeper depravity, because there are hundreds of ways to cause pain that don't involve putting your mouth on someone, let alone an infant.

MOO

Is it some sort of "primal" rage? I have often wondered why some men kill the children of their girlfriends, wives, children who are not related to them biologically. It reminds me of how male lions will kill cubs, that are not related to them, male primates do the same thing.

Is it a primal throwback indicator? Granted, men do kill their own children, but there are far more men who kill children not related to them.

Why wasn't this child in daycare? There are daycare subsidies.

Is it some sort of "primal" rage? I have often wondered why some men kill the children of their girlfriends, wives, children who are not related to them biologically. It reminds me of how male lions will kill cubs, that are not related to them, male primates do the same thing.

Is it a primal throwback indicator? Granted, men do kill their own children, but there are far more men who kill children not related to them.

But the biting, it doesn't seem to relate to gender or heredity. I've seen it done by mothers and fathers to their own children, not just unrelated partners doing it to the child they're not related to.

I assume it's power and control and sadism, when it all comes down to it, but I find it baffling. I understand it in sexually motivated homicide, but not here. Perhaps there is still a sexual thrill to it, and it is the same drive.

MOO

I have stated this on a number of cases over recent years............

two of the worst words in the English language:
"Mother's boyfriend"

I mean, sixteen is the age of consent in Indiana, so it's not technically illegal, but a seven year age difference at that age is a very wide gulf, and I'd be wondering just how long he's been sixteen, and how long their relationship has existed.

MOO
What did she expect out of him? Was she pressuring him into a daddy role, and he couldn't do it?

Not making excuses for him -- what he did was horrible and he should be punished. But, what set it off?

According to the affidavit, Rhoades told police she had confronted the 16-year-old about the marks on her daughter and he told her a cat had caused the injuries.

The affidavit alleges that Rhoades lied, and said there was a camera in the living room and she would look at the footage, at which point the teen reportedly told Rhoades he had bitten the victim after she had bitten him first, according to the affidavit.
Rhoades also told officers in a different interview that her daughter had told her the 16-year-old bit her and "covered" her mouth.

The affidavit states that the rest of the day after the confrontation, Rhoades thought her daughter was displaying "odd behaviors," and she did not eat anything aside from a bag of Cheetos the rest of the day.

According to the affidavit, police asked Rhoades about a report that her daughter had vomited, as well. She said likely it was due to her being anxious.

"Destiny agreed that this could have been because her daughter had just been strangled and bit by the male," the affidavit states.

UPDATE: 16-year-old charged with murder in death of 4-year-old girl

Source I just linked also stated there was a protective order placed for Christian Gonzalez against Destiny Rhoades as well as an ongoing criminal case against her for aiding his escape at a detention facility in February. Why was poor Octavia still in her custody? RIP angel. Says here her organs were donated.

I have stated this on a number of cases over recent years............

two of the worst words in the English language:
"Mother's boyfriend"

All we hear about are the terrible ones. There are good men, who date women with children, and step up to be wonderful fathers. Father's Day was last Sunday, and we really can't lump in the good guys with the bad ones.

All we hear about are the terrible ones. There are good men, who date women with children, and step up to be wonderful fathers. Father's Day was last Sunday, and we really can't lump in the good guys with the bad ones.
I agree. My mom’s husband married her and adopted me when I was a toddler. He raised both myself and my brother after my Mom died in 95 from a brain tumor. He cared for her at our home for years. Good guys still exist. Rarely.

The doctor told my dad that he wouldn’t blame him for taking off while my Mom was sick. My dad was horrified but the doctor said most guys do.

I agree. My mom’s husband married her and adopted me when I was a toddler. He raised both myself and my brother after my Mom died in 95 from a brain tumor. He cared for her at our home for years. Good guys still exist. Rarely.

The doctor told my dad that he wouldn’t blame him for taking off while my Mom was sick. My dad was horrified but the doctor said most guys do.
bbm
What a guy, your "new" dad was. Makes me smile and tear-up at the same time. Thanks for the post, @asmi106082.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place
Back