GUILTY Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if there's a path back for Kallista, to her parents. Perhaps her eyes have been opened.... to how far afield she was, to how extraordinary her parents were to stand in the gap and love Charlise for her, at a time when she was just plain unable to.

Maybe for the first time in her life, too little too late but still better than never, take responsibility for the consequences of all of her choices, the grave harm done, and find a way to honor the lives lost...

Time to be the person Charlise wanted her to be.

JMO
I also hope she will become a better person. But I think she needs a lot of therapy, or she may hit rock bottom. :(

I wonder if there's a path back for Kallista, to her parents. Perhaps her eyes have been opened....
I really hope so. She was very seriously negligent, but she's suffered a high penalty for it, and at the end of the day she's still a woman whose child has been murdered by an evil man.

For the sake for the grandparents, too, I hope their daughter gets her life back on track. I don't know what happened to the child she was carrying, but I'd hope for a peaceful life for all of them, and a new leaf for Kallista.

The DM has now published court exhibit photos. The last photos of Charlise in the pool swimming, and through a taped window, and the rifle and barrel etc.

Justice Wilson thanked the jury for their service, noting that during jury selection many members of the public said they could not listen to evidence relating to the death of a child because of its confronting nature.

“I thank you most sincerely for your service,” she told the jury before they were discharged.

Mr Stein has travelled hours every day to and from prison, with little support from family members .....

Justice Wilson thanked the jury for their service, noting that during jury selection many members of the public said they could not listen to evidence relating to the death of a child because of its confronting nature.

“I thank you most sincerely for your service,” she told the jury before they were discharged.

Mr Stein has travelled hours every day to and from prison, with little support from family members .....

I’m glad to hear he didn’t have support. And I wouldn’t be able to sit on a jury such as this either, as much as I’ve read about this case it’s been completely shattering to read some of the details and the media only reported some of what was discussed during trial.

Last edited:
(Sniped by me)
I wonder where Stein was being held? All I could find was that he was at the Metropolitan Remand and Reception Centre at Silverwater in July, 2023. The distance from that Remand Centre to Parramatta court is only 17mins.

I wonder where Stein was being held? All I could find was that he was at the Metropolitan Remand and Reception Centre at Silverwater in July, 2023. The distance from that Remand Centre to Parramatta court is only 17mins.

Maybe Lithgow??

Those images of Charlise are heartbreaking. She was such a lovely little girl with her whole life ahead of her, and she was prepared to love both her mother and her potential stepfather even though neither of them earned it.

I notice some commenters under the Daily Mail article are attacking the grandparents. I wish people would ease off. They gave Charlise a stable, loving home. They made one mistake, with the best of intentions, and they'll be dealing with regret and unimaginable grief for the rest of their lives.

I was going to say "they'll be dealing with the consequences," but I think it's important to remember that this murder was not a consequence of an unwise decision by her grandparents, or even a consequence of Kallista's flagrant neglect. It was a vile act perpetrated by one vile man who deserves the entirety of the blame for Charlise's death. I hope he never sees the light of day again, so at least we know other children won't have to cross his path.

I also hope she will become a better person. But I think she needs a lot of therapy, or she may hit rock bottom. :(

Well if she hasn't reached rock bottom over this incident then there's no hope for her.

Rock bottom is not a financial situation, it's a situation where the consequences are so devastating that one can no longer deny that you have a part in the problem and that your life has become unmanageable. Seems killing her best friend, prison time, and losing custody of her child didn't do that.

Unfortunately, especially for women, sometimes the guilt, shame, denial of an incident of this magnitude becomes so intolerable that it propels addiction - a person can't afford to get clean and sober with all the thoughts and emotions they have to deal with. In that case, she would need a huge amount of support from professionals and sober peers.

Also in this case, she is now the victim of a predatory murderous abuser who groomed her and her child, killing C, so she's got added emotional horrors. I hope she can do it, for the sake of everyone around her and society at large and even more so as there may be more of her children, now or in the future.

JMO MOO

Short snippet here :

Thanks so much for this drsleuth. I notice that the Detectives were allowing Stein to have an unlit ciggie in his fingers, I guess to keep him calm……

Those images of Charlise are heartbreaking. She was such a lovely little girl with her whole life ahead of her, and she was prepared to love both her mother and her potential stepfather even though neither of them earned it.

I notice some commenters under the Daily Mail article are attacking the grandparents. I wish people would ease off. They gave Charlise a stable, loving home. They made one mistake, with the best of intentions, and they'll be dealing with regret and unimaginable grief for the rest of their lives.

I was going to say "they'll be dealing with the consequences," but I think it's important to remember that this murder was not a consequence of an unwise decision by her grandparents, or even a consequence of Kallista's flagrant neglect. It was a vile act perpetrated by one vile man who deserves the entirety of the blame for Charlise's death. I hope he never sees the light of day again, so at least we know other children won't have to cross his path.
Unfortunately, he's not alone. I have had to deal with Meth head parents in work and the poor kids, what they have to deal with, dysfunctional family life including the dealers.
The poor little girl should never have left her grandparents, unless under supervision.
They were trying to do the right thing, so Charlise could see her mother and keep the bond going.
But both Kallista and Justin's brains are cooked through years of drugs abuse and couldn't be trusted
Kallista should never have left her daughter with Justin, and she was 80km away !
Goodness knows what else he could have done to her
The mother Kallista in 2016 killed her friend in a car that left the road while she had Ice in her system, while trying to overtake a truck, had to swerve from two oncoming cars and then went into a river
She spent two years in prison

Whatever this grub gets, Is not going to be enough, for what he did !
I am sure the prisoners will eventually get hold of him as they have their own unwritten rules inside

I totally agree with your sentiments. Those grieving grandparents were victims in all of this. They were in a difficult position, trying to walk a fine line with a young girl who was missing her mother and wanted to have a holiday with her.

The grandparents were led to believe that the parents of JS were going to be there at the venue, and I'm sure that made them feel more confident that everything would be fine.

They also probably felt some pressure about the possibility that their daughter could fight for full custody, if she stayed sober, had another child and got married. The courts would see that in a positive light and try for a family unification, most likely. So the grandparents had to stay on their good side and allow some visits or it could become a big legal battle.

It is unfair for people to criticise or blame them, imo, because they did everything possible to give their sweet grandchild a stable life. They must be so devastated. My heart goes out to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back