Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's a completely different system here. Sub judice is no joke.
Exactly. Most people want justice to be done. In Toyah Cordingly's murder the family friend had a huge campaign, but once the accused was arrested, the site was shut down and people were asked to take stickers off cars etc. The family and close friend have asked all to respect sub judice. And people have.

The Police were looking around Elsworth Street at one point. Back in early March.

The Sunday Herald Sun reports police have identified a new location of interest in the search and are reviewing security camera footage from businesses in a light industrial and residential area of Ballarat East.

Homeowners and businesses in Elsworth, Joseph and Butt streets in the suburb of Canadian have handed over footage from the time Ms Murphy disappeared and police have also searched the area, which is home to businesses such as panel beaters, gyms and self-storage facilities.

Elsworth St East leads into thick bushland managed by Parks Victoria, but it is not clear whether the footage shows Ms Murphy, Stephenson or any vehicles of interest, or has yielded any clues as to what happened to Ms Murphy.

That would make sense if PS was leaving from his parents house? JMO

I wonder where the other jogger that was also captured on CCTV usually jogged?? Technically that other jogger was out on the same day and time. MOO

A second jogger has come forward to identify themselves as the runner caught on CCTV that was released by police investigating the disappearance of Victorian mum Samantha Murphy.

I wonder if that 2nd jogger ever ran in the other direction - she may be one very fortunate lady.

I was just thinking about the Greg Lyn case which we all started following in March 2020, at the beginning of the COVID lockdowns, we might just hear about that outcome tomorrow ... hopefully!!
Just my opinion - I don’t think he’ll be found guilty of murder.

I don’t feel that the prosecution provided a tight case for that; plus Greg Lynn has consistently told the same story from his first police interview, through to his testimony in court.

Do you think the police know the motive?

The motive is in perp's mind.
Generally speaking about crimes.

It might not make sense to others.

Sometimes,
motives are blurry even to perps.
They are tied to
subconscious.

Motives can be elusive.
Better to concentrate on facts/evidence.
They tell the story.

JMO

Last edited:
The motive is in perp's mind.
Generally speaking about crimes.

It might not make sense to others.

Sometimes,
motives are blurry even to perps.
They are tied to
subconscious.

Motives can be elusive.
Better to concentrate on facts/evidence.
They tell the story.

JMO
I don’t understand your response Dotta.
My question was do you think the police (not me) has worked out the motive?

I don’t understand your response Dotta.
My question was do you think the police (not me) has worked out the motive?

And I meant Police and anyone else.

We don't read minds.

I sometimes scratch my head marvelling why I reacted this or that way in certain situations.

Motive is in the MIND of a criminal.

JMO

Last edited:
Just my opinion - I don’t think he’ll be found guilty of murder.

I don’t feel that the prosecution provided a tight case for that; plus Greg Lynn has consistently told the same story from his first police interview, through to his testimony in court.
Yes I think you might be right!

Do you think the police know the motive?

The police and prosecution don't have to provide a motive ... although it can help with a conviction.

They only have to prove - beyond a reasonable doubt - that the accused killed the victim.

It is possible that they may never even know the motive. And still know that the accused killed the victim.

The police and prosecution don't have to provide a motive ... although it can help with a conviction.

They only have to prove - beyond a reasonable doubt - that the accused killed the victim.

It is possible that they may never even know the motive. And still know that the accused killed the victim.

Exactly.

Besides,
They can only guess.

Nothing is simple as far as human mind/psyche/motivation is concerned.

That is why psychologists and psychiatrists are in demand.

JMO

Last edited:
SouthAussie posted this article about Greg Lynn on another forum. It’s really good and worth reading with PS in mind. Some excerpts:

“In such cases it is almost certain his lawyer would have recommended he didn’t talk, but Lynn chose to engage regardless. This is a path often taken by the innocent, or by those who think they are the cleverest person in the room.”

“Police established that Lynn, had been in the area at the same time, probably by analysing mobile phone data. Then came a breakthrough. Police recovered CCTV footage identifying a blue Nissan in the Mount Hotham area. From that point Lynn became a person of interest. With no forensic clues, no bodies, no murder weapons and no motive, missing persons police began a long-term operation to investigate Lynn.”

“On October 19, the tone changed. The police organised a fresh public appeal from the victims’ families, but no longer were they sounding desperate for help.It was a clear plan to ramp up pressure on a suspect with the message they were closing in.”

“Detectives co-operated with a 60 Minutes investigation into the case. The 60 Minutes special was heavily promoted in the days before it aired, with police hoping Lynn would watch the program. Lynn certainly became aware of the content and for the first time he knew he was a suspect.“

Over the next two weeks police made repeated appeals for the driver to come forward and publicly expressed confidence the case would be resolved. While chasing down other leads they waited and watched Lynn. When he packed up and headed to the bush, police made the decision to make the arrest.”

SouthAussie posted this article about Greg Lynn on another forum. It’s really good and worth reading with PS in mind. Some excerpts:…
I had read this article & found it interesting, perhaps also ‘enlightening’.
My comment earlier based on what I’ve read has been presented In Court, not my opinion of guilt or otherwise.
Maybe there’s been more that I’m not aware of, however on the basis of what I am aware of, I don’t feel that the prosecution has presented a strongly compelling case against Lynn. He’s a Pilot, naturally trained & proven to be calm & capable under pressure … and dare I even question their ‘professionalism’, since the Judge has twice taken the opportunity to warn the Jury to discount some things because the prosecution allowed no opportunity for a reply from Lynn or his Defence! I was gobsmacked when I read that. .. what sort of rookie mistake leads to having your sort after ‘impact’ discounted.

However, you referenced the ‘profiling comment’ in this article to PS, and perhaps he does see himself as the cleverest person in the room. I would say it’s a huge claim from someone so young, however so far he seems to be exuding incredible strength. Why / How ? He was arrested for Murder, police immediately came out & said it was a deliberate attack & to me it sounded like there was compelling evidence that warranted the Charge against him. ..and quite possibly there is. Certainly the police would not be showing their cards publicly at this stage, however by now his Legals will have received the brief of evidence. I’m not doubting that PS is responsible for whatever led to Samantha’s demise, however something doesn’t sit right with me about the whole thing. However I may be building a mountain out of nothing, so will try to wait, patiently and reservedly.

… sorry for the long rave

My comment earlier based on what I’ve read has been presented In Court, not my opinion of guilt or otherwise.
Maybe there’s been more that I’m not aware of, however on the basis of what I am aware of, I don’t feel that the prosecution has presented a strongly compelling case against Lynn. He’s a Pilot, naturally trained & proven to be calm & capable under pressure … and dare I even question their ‘professionalism’, since the Judge has twice taken the opportunity to warn the Jury to discount some things because the prosecution allowed no opportunity for a reply from Lynn or his Defence! I was gobsmacked when I read that. .. what sort of rookie mistake leads to having your sort after ‘impact’ discounted.

However, you referenced the ‘profiling comment’ in this article to PS, and perhaps he does see himself as the cleverest person in the room. I would say it’s a huge claim from someone so young, however so far he seems to be exuding incredible strength. Why / How ? He was arrested for Murder, police immediately came out & said it was a deliberate attack & to me it sounded like there was compelling evidence that warranted the Charge against him. ..and quite possibly there is. Certainly the police would not be showing their cards publicly at this stage, however by now his Legals will have received the brief of evidence. I’m not doubting that PS is responsible for whatever led to Samantha’s demise, however something doesn’t sit right with me about the whole thing. However I may be building a mountain out of nothing, so will try to wait, patiently and reservedly.

I think there's a lot more to this as well, and I hope the police will leave no stone unturned to provide justice for Samantha

I was under the impression, from comments made on this thread much earlier, that the legal team of PS will only get the evidence 2 weeks prior to the August 8th date when he will appear in court. (in person or via CCTV, I'm not sure, and that's besides the point anyway.)

I was under the impression, from comments made on this thread much earlier, that the legal team of PS will only get the evidence 2 weeks prior to the August 8th date when he will appear in court. (in person or via CCTV, I'm not sure, and that's besides the point anyway.)

That is, if the August court appearance doesn't itself get postponed, depending on if everything goes to schedule etc..
And whether a plea is entered (or not), there will be or might not be any further details being released.
Hopefully not, but It could also be years before this ever gets to trial.

That is, if the August court appearance doesn't itself get postponed, depending on if everything goes to schedule etc..
And whether a plea is entered (or not), there will be or might not be any further details being released.
Hopefully not, but It could also be years before this ever gets to trial.
I clearly need to learn more, as I thought a plea had to be entered. What exactly is discussed at this next court date? Is a trial date set?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akoyaqueen
Back